Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You forgot a great AOE slow with death and decay.

I want to play Warrior everytime because I like Arms better than Unholy and Fury better than Frost.

But Protection Warrior is so tedious in Dungeons. It takes a lot more work to just round up mobs and hold aggro on all of them. Group loses dps because you can't just grip stray mobs into the pack.

Then you have grip also acting as an interrupt for casts that are usually not interruptable for example the jailor demon in Vault of Wardens..
    I also forgot the Fear effect from Death and Decay during early Legion days

Currently, UH DK holds the best stun/interupt utility in BFA:

1sec stun from pet, 4sec stun from Aphyx(ranged and 4sec is longer than most classes), ranged interupt/spell lock, and grip that also works as interupt. That is 4 different spells to control a target.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-07-18 at 03:33 PM.

Blood DK is still very strong, and even though they lost many of the things that made them overpowered, they will continue to have a very strong niche thanks to incredibly unique kit elements like heavy Self Healing and grips.

These things will always make Blood DK a staple for 5 mans, but it seems likely they will become much worse for raids.

The noticeable thing is haste scaling but we wont have to worry about that for a month or so.
    In prepatch at least, everything is still very stable, if not strong.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Blood DK is still very strong, and even though they lost many of the things that made them overpowered, they will continue to have a very strong niche thanks to incredibly unique kit elements like heavy Self Healing and grips.

These things will always make Blood DK a staple for 5 mans, but it seems likely they will become much worse for raids.

The noticeable thing is haste scaling but we wont have to worry about that for a month or so.
    In prepatch at least, everything is still very stable, if not strong.
    I had terrible haste itemization for a long time in Legion and it made no difference really except on the meters. It was still smooth sailing.

As long as survivability does not become an issue DK will always be the best M+ tank because of Mass Grip, Grip, Interrupts, AOE slow..

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    I had terrible haste itemization for a long time in Legion and it made no difference really except on the meters. It was still smooth sailing.

As long as survivability does not become an issue DK will always be the best M+ tank because of Mass Grip, Grip, Interrupts, AOE slow..
    They wont be any more, but not because they are weaker. Vengeance just got given way too many strong utility options.
    Haste does matter a lot though, especially at the start of the expansion.
    I suppose you have not played the beta, but those early weeks with sub 10 percent haste will be VERY noticeable.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    They wont be any more, but not because they are weaker. Vengeance just got given way too many strong utility options.
    Haste does matter a lot though, especially at the start of the expansion.
    I suppose you have not played the beta, but those early weeks with sub 10 percent haste will be VERY noticeable.
    What are you talking about?

How can you even compare other tanks with the Blood DK in utility? And why do you obsess about "early weeks".

Mass Grip is better than anything in Mythic+(not even talking about other ranged abilities). Period. You can even take a BDK for the sake of it, so you can clear trash much quicker(seen from outside tanking perspective).

In Raiding - historicly, the only time it mattered was back in Vanilla. Every tank will do fine in raiding, it's just about gearing(Legion proved us this).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-07-18 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    In Raiding - historicly, the only time it mattered was back in Vanilla. Every tank will do fine in raiding, it's just about gearing(Legion proved us this).
    Haha you're funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Play before you comment.

So stupid. What is the pen and paper game?

- - - Updated - - -
    I've been posting since I posted that, read the entire thread before you comment. Already been testing it and changing my analysis. Plus someone asked to give our thoughts, stop policing people's opinions and again, learn to read the whole thread to know what's actually going on.

I went for a quick look @ details (correct me if I'm wrong, I used skada before and it doesn't work atm with the prepatch) and interestingly enough, it seems like meatball + my melee swings are doing 50% of the damage alone against single target. Does that mean we'll have to stack haste and crit only if we want to do as much dps as possible ?
    I'm getting the feeling that I won't be getting fun at all playing this prepatch game until BFA comes out...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I went for a quick look @ details (correct me if I'm wrong, I used skada before and it doesn't work atm with the prepatch) and interestingly enough, it seems like meatball + my melee swings are doing 50% of the damage alone against single target. Does that mean we'll have to stack haste and crit only if we want to do as much dps as possible ?
    I'm getting the feeling that I won't be getting fun at all playing this prepatch game until BFA comes out...
    It's not Battle for Azeroth anymore, it's Battle for Haste. I'm hearing mutters of "everyone needs haste now". Well yeah, when you have this GCD and these auto attacks.

Bloodworms are doing more damage than all our abilities basically...

What are you talking about?

How can you even compare other tanks with the Blood DK in utility? And why do you obsess about "early weeks".

Mass Grip is better than anything in Mythic+(not even talking about other ranged abilities). Period. You can even take a BDK for the sake of it, so you can clear trash much quicker(seen from outside tanking perspective).

Vengeance also has Mass Grip, via the Sigil of Chains talent. In addition to that, they have much better mobility, +5% damage magic damage taken applied to enemies, AoE silence and much, much higher damage than any other tank in the BfA beta.

These things could still change, of course, especially the actual numbers (Spirit Bomb is a bit too strong for a talent, for example), but they are no doubt the current 120 BfA M+ tank kings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Vengeance also has Mass Grip, via the Sigil of Chains talent. In addition to that, they have much better mobility, +5% damage magic damage taken applied to enemies, AoE silence and much, much higher damage than any other tank in the BfA beta.

These things could still change, of course, especially the actual numbers (Spirit Bomb is a bit too strong for a talent, for example), but they are no doubt the current 120 BfA M+ tank kings.
    The Vengeance mass grip is much much worse and delayed.

And they dont have single grip or 3 ranged interrupts. Their aoe silence is also delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    ...but they are no doubt the current 120 BfA M+ tank kings.
    Pls kid don`t make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzak View Post
    Pls kid don`t make me laugh
    The avatar is so relevant

Here is an actual data about tank kings. You can talk all you want about utility but I have statistics here.

Who is looking forward to the inevitable patch 8.1 affix of mobs being immune to forced movement effects? They'll probably add Blood DK nerfs simultaneously for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Who is looking forward to the inevitable patch 8.1 affix of mobs being immune to forced movement effects? They'll probably add Blood DK nerfs simultaneously for good measure.
    Meh, BDK already not as good for raid environments as lets say bear or brewmaster. It look like they are balancing tanks not around each other, but around the scale "m+ vs raid".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Well since they straight up admitted they tried to counter BDK with necrotic and necrotic ended up being one of our strengths (lol, how does this happen), you can almost bet that they are going to effectively counter BDKs somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Meh, BDK already not as good for raid environments as lets say bear or brewmaster. It look like they are balancing tanks not around each other, but around the scale "m+ vs raid".
    Yeah they were saying they don't want there to be an all-around, best tank again.
    So pally, BDK, DH for M+ and BrM, Prot, Bear for raid?

When Ion said Blood DKs were the best tanks in Mythic+, I could imagine him caressing his massive nerf bat under the table during the interview. Oh man if they remove AoE grip.. :'( And then let DH keep theirs..

5+ Year Old Account
    I now require a healer in M+, it's revolting.
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Yeah they were saying they don't want there to be an all-around, best tank again.
    So pally, BDK, DH for M+ and BrM, Prot, Bear for raid?
    In my opinion, yes. But it actually depends on many factors, for example, "who will be the best healer" and "how much damage tanks do"?