Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I have read many stories about how in the early years, friendships between Palestinians and Jews were not at all rare.
    Also I think early on, the religious fundamentalists were not the prevailing segment among the Jews of Israel.
    If memory serves me, even to this day they have plenty of peaceful intermixing of the two cultures, so it isn't like it is an entirely segmented society.

Deleted
    I think it gets worse with every new generation. We'd really have to ask someone who is from there.
    Well it certainly took off in the 70's, and even since then it never really got mended.

I know an Israeli, and his comment is that it is quite a mixed bag depending on where you live. Some places it is okay between the two, others it is a nightmare that doesn't seem to have an end.

Deleted
    Makes sense it would depend on how deeply each place has been affected by the constant acts of terrorism and counter-terrorism.

Anyway I doubt segregation will solve ANYTHING.
    And I love seeing people here who hear Sharia and froth at the mouth defend Jewish religious law.
    Well at this point I think Israel just doesn't care at solving the issue (which I can see a certain logic in, it has been almost five decades), so now they just turn up the nozzle to try and mend it for the Jews.

the israel government are guilty of actual terrorism and actual human right's abuses, so this isn't all that surprising.

now i'll wait for someone to call me an antisemite because i think killing innocent children is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Howeller View Post
    Well at this point I think Israel just doesn't care at solving the issue (which I can see a certain logic in, it has been almost five decades), so now they just turn up the nozzle to try and mend it for the Jews.
    It is not that Israel doesn't care, it's that their ruling politicans care not to solve it, because solving it would cost them what keeps them in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It is not that Israel doesn't care, it's that their ruling politicans care not to solve it, because solving it would cost them what keeps them in office.
    What's the difference? The Israel politicians are getting elected (or kicked out of office) because a large portion of the population does not want peace and are more then happy to not change anything to the current status (gaza) or keep on building and annexing more land.

Israel government has until now never really made a offer that the Palestinians at large can get behind it and the reason why they haven't made this offer is because a large population of Israel will not get behind any deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What's the difference? The Israel politicians are getting elected (or kicked out of office) because a large portion of the population does not want peace and are more then happy to not change anything to the current status (gaza) or keep on building and annexing more land.

Israel government has until now never really made a offer that the Palestinians at large can get behind it and the reason why they haven't made this offer is because a large population of Israel will not get behind any deal.
    Right politicians get elected because the Left ones offer NOTHING concrete, not what they stand for or realistic plans, entire campaigns focused exclusively on opponent bashing.

The status quo will remain because there is no point in offering the Palestinians a deal that they turned off not once but twice in the past, and if tomorrow you will offer them 100% of the terms in the proposed Arab Peace initiative they will still find a reason to back off, the Palestinian top brass loves the status quo, it's a bottomless pit of donation money mooched from the entire planet without having the great responsibility of running an actual country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Could've pushed them all out right away and avoided 50 years of problems. Or could've given them their own state right away and also avoid these decades of problems.
    Ah, yes, the American method.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2018-07-20 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Right politicians get elected because the Left ones offer NOTHING concrete, not what they stand for or realistic plans, entire campaigns focused exclusively on opponent bashing.

The status quo will remain because there is no point in offering the Palestinians a deal that they turned off not once but twice in the past, and if tomorrow you will offer them 100% of the terms in the proposed Arab Peace initiative they will still find a reason to back off, the Palestinian top brass loves the status quo, it's a bottomless pit of donation money mooched from the entire planet without having the great responsibility of running an actual country.
    Imagine atually believing this is the case.

Israel murder fucking children and Israel have backing of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Imagine atually believing this is the case.

Israel murder fucking children and Israel have backing of the US.
    "dey kill kidz, dey has US beckkking"

Anything else you want to add?

Oh come on, until this very day Israel has never offered anything remotely that resembles a deal that anybody honest could consider a real step towards peace. So in your fictional scenario that till this day never happend Palestinians are the bad guys regardless even though Israel has no desire to push for a peaceful solution.

The problem is and always has been Israel because they consider the entire region theirs and while at the same time consider the Palestinians a unwanted guest.

"dey kill kidz, dey has US beckkking"

Anything else you want to add?
    Israel commit countless atrocities and they are immune to justice because they have the backing of the US/decrying every criticism as antisemitic.

Only adding facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Oh come on, until this very day Israel has never offered anything remotely that resembles a deal that anybody honest could consider a real step towards peace. So in your fictional scenario that till this day never happend Palestinians are the bad guys regardless even though Israel has no desire to push for a peaceful solution.

The problem is and always has been Israel because they consider the entire region theirs and while at the same time consider the Palestinians a unwanted guest.
    The Palestinian demands are ridiculous, how about that?

They demand East Jerusalem including the holiest place to Judaism to be under their control, and you expect it to be taken lightly? imagine what uproar there would be worldwide if Israel demanded Masjid Al-Haram in return, you got to be completely daft if you think Jews will give up their historical roots and give up their holiest site to be under Islamic control, go read up on what was happening under Jordanian control, the area was Judenrein.

They want right of return to millions of refugees, absolute demographic suicide, what sane person would sign up for a suicide?

Not going to happen, even a left wing pro peace politician if elected would never sign up for such a suicidal deal.

I don't expect the Palestinian leadership to compromise at all, they enjoy the billions and any deal aside from the one the street wants would get them and their families hanged on the highest lamp post in Rammallah.

- - - Updated - - -

Israel commit countless atrocities and they are immune to justice because they have the backing of the US/decrying every criticism as antisemitic.

Only adding facts.
    Palestinians blew up buses (With my own family member dying in a double bus blast in 2004) they blew up restaurants, discotheques full of children and innocent people, they gunned down and hack and slashed children and civilians, none held them accountable (besides a missile from an apache)

Keep barking snowflake.

The Palestinian demands are ridiculous, how about that?

They demand East Jerusalem including the holiest place to Judaism to be under their control, and you expect it to be taken lightly? imagine what uproar there would be worldwide if Israel demanded Masjid Al-Haram in return, you got to be completely daft if you think Jews will give up their historical roots and give up their holiest site to be under Islamic control, go read up on what was happening under Jordanian control, the area was Judenrein.

They want right of return to millions of refugees, absolute demographic suicide, what sane person would sign up for a suicide?

Not going to happen, even a left wing pro peace politician if elected would never sign up for such a suicidal deal.

I don't expect the Palestinian leadership to compromise at all, they enjoy the billions and any deal aside from the one the street wants would get them and their families hanged on the highest lamp post in Rammallah.
    That's one heck of a strawman regarding Masjid. Of course there would be an uproar if Israel demanded a location in a third country for a deal between Palestine and Israel. That is not how anything works.

Just have Jerusalem open to both sides and under neither control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    That's one heck of a strawman regarding Masjid. Of course there would be an uproar if Israel demanded a location in a third country for a deal between Palestine and Israel. That is not how anything works.

Just have Jerusalem open to both sides and under neither control.
    That could have happened in the proposed partition, they chose war, oopsy.

Palestinians blew up buses (With my own family member dying in a double bus blast in 2004) they blew up restaurants, discotheques full of children and innocent people, they gunned down and hack and slashed children and civilians, none held them accountable (besides a missile from an apache)

Keep barking snowflake.
    Whataboutism.

Israel gunned down countless children and international doctors who tried to help the children who were getting gunned down. The fact you cannot see the double standard is quite telling of your motives and your willingness to let human rights abuses go without punishment to further your agenda.

Whataboutism.

Israel gunned down countless children and international doctors who tried to help the children who were getting gunned down. The fact you cannot see the double standard is quite telling of your motives and your willingness to let human rights abuses go without punishment to further your agenda.
    Sure, whatever you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel is slowing becoming the world that denounced them years ago...and the US cosigned for them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Racist hyper-nationalism(a.k.a fascism) is not multicultural.
    This has nothing to do with racist hyber-nationalism. You are just an anti-semite. I mean, we have nearly all muslim nations do much worse things to women, to religious minorities, to LGBTIQ+ people. I mean, if you were a progressive, you would acknowledge that palenstinians don't deserve acknowledgement as long as they don't acknowledge the equality of women, LGBTIQ+, Atheists and religious minorities.

Next, explain to me how Israels actions are any different from somebody punching Richard Spencer or black people attacking KKK-Members who are doing shit on front of them. People hav a right to defend themselves against those who want to deny them their humanity and wipe them out. Which is exactly what the arab world wants to do with the jews, they want to wipe them out from this planet and destroy every remnants of their people. So the jews have the right to defend themselves against them.

But then again, I'm ssure that you are just a "classical liberal" who thinks we shouldn't punch Nazis.

Fucking Anti-Semites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post

Fucking Anti-Semites.
    Critizing racist policies is now anti-Semitic? Ye, you're not worth my time.