Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    How is it crazy? You're acting like the people who went absolutely mental over the original stat squish. It's not a big deal. They can opt out of it at any time permanently by unchecking a box. This is not apocalyptic.
    Actually my guess is if they even did it they would force you to check it. Blizzard is not going to risk alienating players on a 14 year old game just because some people think everyone should be forced to use voice chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenthings View Post
    Seems you did not actually got my point but that's alright! I am happy to explain it to you in more detail:

High level mythics are/were done on Discord, before the ingame voice chat was introduced. Sure, it can swift to the ingame chat. A simple action to join the voice chat will be enough. Also you are acting like it's a huge effort to join a Discord server, even though this is really easy and for example I think even you can do it without any problems.

Tl;DR: it's a non-issue since almost all easy puggable content does not really need any kind of voicechat, and the stuff that actually needs teamwork already goes fine with available tooling.
    Not really, no. I've pugged 20, 21, 22 keys without anyone even suggesting discord. A lot of those runs would've went way smoother if we were all in a channel together by default and occasionally I'd have been able to say "I'll get this interrupt." etc

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I totally don't need random retards shoving their crap into my ears.

Not really, no. I've pugged 20, 21, 22 keys without anyone even suggesting discord. A lot of those runs would've went way smoother if we were all in a channel together by default and occasionally I'd have been able to say "I'll get this interrupt." etc
    Or you just ask the people to join the voice chat. Do you really think automatic joining will force people to talk? No, they can still mute themselves and don't make a single sound.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I join voice chat every time I'm in a mythic+, low or high, but so far I'm always there alone
    Have you tried typing "hey guys, hop in voice! let's chat and make things quicker!"
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Considering how every other team based video game with multiplayer has default voice chat, obviously you have no experience.
    You confirm you still don't know how this goes.

What you want will never happen, and for good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Have you tried typing "hey guys, hop in voice! let's chat and make things quicker!"
    I have, but the usual reply is smth along the lines of: For this? Nah it's not really needed.

Fuck no, keep that garbage out of wow.

Go play shooters on console if you have a desire for kiddies shit-talking before their balls drop.

Dude people keep fighting in chat what do you think would happen if what you want happened

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's what mute and report would be for. I understand anonymity on the internet gives people more confidence than a platter of shots but it's not unavoidable.
    "Yes, you'll have to be exposed to horrible, deplorable, disgusting shit... but you can always opt out -after- you've been verbally assaulted!"

No thanks. I'd rather not get verbal abuse spewed at me to -begin- with.

Your whole idea is that, somehow, THIS online Voice Chat will be different from all the ones that came before it. And barring that, everyone who is exposed to the nastiness and has their enjoyment of the game lessened by the miserable shits can then take 2-4 extra steps to protect themselves just so you and others don't have to take 1 extra step to join the voice chat.

Fucking hell, friendo. That's some grade A entitlement, right there. "All of you should suffer so that I can more easily use this product"

Go make an Add-on that automatically joins Voice Chat, spread it to everyone who wants that function, and move on with your life knowing that you've improved the lives of those who are interested in that system without exposing everyone else to the rancid underbelly of the internet.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the original post you'd understand why this doesn't work. I'll repeat it just for you though. Making voice chat join default makes that culture of teamwork and cooperation the standard and norm. It's an MMO, you have to get on with people to achieve things.

If you really don't want to do that, you can leave.

If there's someone screaming down the mic being toxic, which will be very rare, you can mute them.
    thats what guilds are for ... why the fuck would i need voicechat for fucking randoms should we always mute/leave when we join WQ/rnd dungeons of any kind or pug raids which require no voicechat at all? its way more easy to join if anyone wants then to leave .. and don't compare competetive games like overwatch/hots with an MMO ...

10+ Year Old Account
    ... no I mean, imagine?! What if someone joins voice chat totally unknowingly and then who knows what they could do or what we could hear. NO please god no! lol

There should be an option to opt in if you want to in the settings but I don't want to hear fucktards screaming racist shit or blaring their music.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Make it an option to join by default, but no need to inconvenience the majority of the playerbase that has no desire whatsoever to talk with randoms
    this is the reasonable answer that would please the most people. make it an option in your interface to join the current chat by default.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

no

absolutely no

5+ Year Old Account
    From what I see so far, it is very barren in voice chat because it is easier to not opt in. I opt in, not to chat but to listen, and even in a 40 man bg (yes, broken AV) I think there was 10 opted in and everyone had the same style, so there was no one talking, so there was the feeling of opting out because why join voice chat if not talking? Likewise, people who want to talk (encouraging ppl to join voice chat) have no one to talk to, cause everyone is accustomed to not joining.

I think auto enabled voice chat is fine, just so the talkers have potential listeners, and those that REALLY get bothered or intensely want the quiet WoW zen time can opt out. Toxic people, as always, can be muted/ignored.

Although, the lack of toxicity so far is probably attributed to having it automatically off, and it is a new feature, so it is hard to say..
    Last edited by digichi; 2018-07-20 at 02:13 PM.

I didn't want it in HotS, I don't use voice chat there, and I sure as hell don't want it to be autojoin in WoW. So long as you can click to join when you want that suffices.

No one wants to hear my voice thx
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I usually pretend other players don't exist or are npc. Talking with them would be weird.
    (And before you "But MMO!!1!" me, be aware that I fully embrace my focus on the "RPG" part and I don't care how you think I should enjoy the game)