Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and every group who already use discord and whatnot always have to turn it off ? no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Set a toggle so people can auto join, but have the default be not to join.
    I have no interest in talking with randoms

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not joining random voice chats - I play while I talk with my friends in our discord, ty.

I don't want to hear some 12 year old squeaking his way through puberty or a 40 year old neckbearded basement dweller hungrily mouth-raping a bag of Cheetos in between bouts of yelling at his parents that "this is real life, dad!" I don't turn on voice in any other game because it's not necessary with randoms and I'm not going to start in WoW, where you didn't even need text chat to raid the last four expansions.

Maybe an option to select for auto join. No reason to force it on people. I'll probably use it at some point if I do LFG for something that people are too lazy to set up discord. Other than that, it's a waste of space for me, dungeons are very easy as it is and I only run M+ with my guild (we use discord).

No thanks. I will never join optional voice chat. Every time in the past that I have has led to any number of annoying issues, such as screaming/whining (or even worse, 'squeaking') children, total awkward silence when communication was needed, boring and distracting conversations that had nothing to do with the content, etc. Sometimes you even get random douchebags that think it's funny to play loud music or other annoying shit on voice chat and I have to stop what I am doing to go and block them.

On top of that, I have difficulty understanding most people's accents which would lead to me asking for them to repeat themselves, which I do not enjoy doing. All in all, just bad. And since I'd be leaving every single time, this would be just one more completely obnoxious and unnecessary 'feature'. Furthermore, making it autojoin would encourage players to ignore text-based chatting which I can fully understand and refer to, unlike voice chat which on most games just feels extremely bad in general to me.

Again, no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Maybe an option to select for auto join. No reason to force it on people.
    This on the other hand, I'd be fine with. I have no issue with people who want to auto-join voice chat having the option to do so.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-07-20 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Mute button.

- - - Updated - - -

If you really don't want to, you can leave.
    If you are desperate to talk, you can join.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya no thanks. Give us the option to do that if people want to but the last thing i want is voice chat to be automatic.

Try joining a few games of PUBG and listen to the forced voice chat of the airplane before dropping, that's why this is a bad idea. Have it as an option to join in if you want to, yes but do not force it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Not joining random voice chats - I play while I talk with my friends in our discord, ty.
    This, and if I'm not, I don't want people screaming or shouting in my ears everytime I join a random group.

5+ Year Old Account
    I will not use voice chat and I would quite frankly be extremely disgruntled if I was forced into voice chat every time I joined a group.

No thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.
    Yeah, no. Hell no, in fact. Not all of us want to be subjected to the 'colorful' thoughts of randoms in WoW. Its bad enough in chat as it is.

One of the dumber suggestions I've seen here, and that's saying something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Mute button.

- - - Updated - - -

If you really don't want to, you can leave.
    Yeah, man, I'm gonna join LFR and then spend 2 min muting all the kids and trolls.

We rly don't need it. Not everyone speak english good enough to join voice chat. Imagine that people asking "XXXX" are you here? Why are you not saying anything.

If someone feels he need to talk like high mythic pug push he should just join voice chat but making it "forced" for everyone is not something we need

If I had to guess, OP wants everyone forced onto voice chat so he can have the BS he spews heard.

Nobody is going to make me put my headset on outside of raiding.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Gets flashbacks to Overwatch's voice chat.*

No thanks, I think I'll avoid the Blizzard Community. Or at least interact with it in a setting where I can mass ignore the dbags.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say no....
    But! i would love to see who is in voice chat without having to activate voice chat.

No Tusk Club.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need it for anything queue able and prefer discord for premade stuff. No thanks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

No thanks. Id much rather initiate it myself if I want to instead of it being done by default.