Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Metro I think

And we could fill it from other ones but would take a while to propagate

- - - Updated - - -

Britain cut its forests down a long time ago to build ships. It's not a recent change.
    And later to burn them to power the industrial revolution before they ran out and switched to coal.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had one day of rain here the last six weeks, and that was mostly an overnight venture.

Lot of natural rivers are running low, people in rurual areas are running out of water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    All canals look the same to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And later to burn them to power the industrial revolution before they ran out and switched to coal.
    Didn't know that. I thought we went from water wheels to coal fired steam boilers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We've had one day of rain here the last six weeks, and that was mostly an overnight venture.

Lot of natural rivers are running low, people in rurual areas are running out of water.
    Our local reservoir dropped by 5ft

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    All canals look the same to me

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know that. I thought we went from water wheels to coal fired steam boilers.
    I remember reading an article about how by the turn of the 20th century England was almost out of forest, and there was a desperate attempt to save what little historic forestland the country had left.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Daily average of 20°C. Highs of 30°C. "Heat wave."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    In the UK yes /golfclap

It's not a heatwave at this point, it's just summer.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

In the UK yes /golfclap
    God forbid you Brits get a tan.

Deleted
    God forbid you Brits get a tan.
    I don't get paid to educate so /out

Cyclical weather is cyclical, our area has cycled between heatwaves/droughts and cool/rain since they started keeping records centuries ago, nothing out of the normal. If you want to cool off, you can come visit me, it's been locally dipping below 10C at night this week.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't get paid to educate so /out
    This isn't WoW, /emote doesn't do anything on these boards FYI.

I don't get paid to educate either, but here I am helping you out.

Deleted
    Source? Also regardless we need rain to fill it
    It was a different canal system, apologies for my mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Global Warming
    Durham (cold, grim) exported wine to to rome as late as 1400ad.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-07-20 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Lol auto correct is Freudianly accurate :)

Global warming is very real and this is the beginning.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went down to the leeds/liverpool canal last week when it was proper hot, was expecting it to be pretty low but looked normal, had a nice walk alongside it for a bit but its raining here today (Leeds) and its a lot cooler, thankfully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I remember reading an article about how by the turn of the 20th century England was almost out of forest, and there was a desperate attempt to save what little historic forestland the country had left.
    We made a lot of boats in the 1500.

And I mean a lot.

Also, the civilised bits of Britain was basically small so in area not that much forest to build a shit ton of boats.

The dream of pirating dirty Spaniards gold or hitting the jackpot of a 50% survival rate on a hold stuffed with slaves made boats very popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I went down to the leeds/liverpool canal last week when it was proper hot, was expecting it to be pretty low but looked normal, had a nice walk alongside it for a bit but its raining here today (Leeds) and its a lot cooler, thankfully.
    It was you left the lock open.

Reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry our lovely winters will give us nothing but rain, including the usual floods :P

- - - Updated - - -

Heat in the UK is very different than America, As someone who came back from Florida 4 weeks ago, American heat is actually bearable to walk in. UK heat especially here in the south is so sticky and sweaty. I never sweated in America heat the way I do here, and I was out for 8 hours a day for 2 weeks in Florida, least I not forget Florida rained nearly every single night I was there. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Heat in the UK is very different than America, As someone who came back from Florida 4 weeks ago, American heat is actually bearable to walk in.
    Heat is heat and moisture is moisture, there is zero difference if both are at the same values in different parts of the globe.

Netflix will be calling with their comedy special deal shortly.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I miss the rain. I'm not built to deal with proper summers. I have to prepare myself for going abroad in the summer, and I'm not doing that over here because the moment I do I know that we'll be back to normal. More cloud plz.