Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Ahh yes.... the blizzard spirit. To nerf,crush, and and revamp all players happiness until classes,specs,talents,systems and general happiness of the player base. Only then is the blizzard spirit at its peak
    Hm? No, to care about the game, to play it, to take responsible for it. To pour your heart into it, and take us on a journey which we all contribute to.
    A revamp is always good. If this game goes stale, it dies. They need to rejuvenate it. I don't agree with everything they do, but I understand that they can't please everyone, but that's life.
    Mother pus bucket!

His no to high elves is the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    He seems like a nice guy and i'm certain his ideas are for the betterment of the game as a whole. But I don't think he is aware of the story and lore of the persistent characters that inhabit it at all. Seems to be a delegator which is my only real complaint on him. But admittedly I put story over all else.

Ion is a good game director, but hes the lead of a team of brilliant people who work hard to provide us with a good game experience.

Plus, he triggered hard the white supremacists who wanted to have their fair skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed elfs on the alliance, right there he gained all my respect.

And as a troll supremacist i must say that im very happy with finally having the Zandalari master race as a playable alied race.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Deleted
    If he had any resemblance if competence he would have been promoted to work in Overwatch, Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm at this point. Being the Game Director of WoW at this point is basically telling you that you reached the end of your career at Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    If he had any resemblance if competence he would have been promoted to work in Overwatch, Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm at this point. Being the Game Director of WoW at this point is basically telling you that you reached the end of your career at Blizz.
    that they still keep going with the disaster what they call hots is beyond me. Even starcraft and d3, that have no more content updates are doing better than this trash.

Hearthstone is still doing well but i'm quite sure it's on a decline as well. Just OW is keep climbing up.

I'm 100% certain that wow still makes them the most profit, by far. It's always on the top5 twitch games. Has a shit ton of microtransactions, expansions and subscription revenue.

Ion - a great man for a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    ya because he posts in the forums all the time like the old ones did ummmm wait a sec.......
    Previous game directors were constantly replying to forum posts? I don't remember a lot of that.

I personally like Ion and the direction of the game since he has taken over. I do also enjoy the QAs. I am not saying I agree with everything, but I do believe that he cares.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    I have just watched the Q&A and i must say, i am so happy that Ion Hazzikostas is the game director of my favorite game. Here is some reasons why:

He is passionate about the Warcraft universe.

He plays the game so he knows our struggle if something is broken or unfair.

He is not hiding behind pre-made words, he actualy says what he feels.

He is not afraid of talking about misstakes they,him, the team made/makes.

And last thing, his has a good sense of humor :-)

Do you guys agree with me? What else does do good? Does he piss you off?

I detect a fanboy or a paid employee to say that.

I mean I'd rather have Jeff Kaplan again, but whatever.

He's just looking like any corporate face, talking nice things, trying to explain things away, hide bad things about the game not even commenting or addressing them like how bad the Azerite system tries to be Artifacts but not really but really It is that but with a different coat of paint.

It's like, I don't -hate- the guy, but I wish we had someone else who has seen WoW from the beginning -like- Jeff Kaplan and knows how the old systems and things worked, unlike Ion whose been here only since Cataclysm, essentially the time WoW started to go down the pipe drain. Not a good time to take inspiration from or to start being a WoW Dev from for Ion honestly.

It's about not having the big picture, Ion won't understand what the people are talking about when they mean "Vanilla/tbc/wrath had this and that and It worked" and just dismiss It in his head as "Nostalgiaaaaaaa" for example... I don't want that. Whereas Jeff Kaplan knows some of those old systems had merit cause he was part of that.

It's like.. Overwatch, please take Ion as your Game Director, we'd like Jeff back to make the game as good as he made Overwatch. Maybe he can make WoW good again.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

He's just looking like any corporate face, talking nice things, trying to explain things away, hide bad things about the game not even commenting or addressing them like how bad the Azerite system tries to be Artifacts but not really but really It is that but with a different coat of paint.

It's like, I don't -hate- the guy, but I wish we had someone else who has seen WoW from the beginning -like- Jeff Kaplan and knows how the old systems and things worked, unlike Ion whose been here only since Cataclysm, essentially the time WoW started to go down the pipe drain. Not a good time to take inspiration from or to start being a WoW Dev from for Ion honestly.

It's about not having the big picture, Ion won't understand what the people are talking about when they mean "Vanilla/tbc/wrath had this and that and It worked" and just dismiss It in his head as "Nostalgiaaaaaaa" for example... I don't want that. Whereas Jeff Kaplan knows some of those old systems had merit cause he was part of that.

It's like.. Overwatch, please take Ion as your Game Director, we'd like Jeff back to make the game as good as he made Overwatch. Maybe he can make WoW good again.
    i mean, you are aware that Ion Hazzikostas has been a prominent figure of the wow community since the game launched, right? Iirc, he was involved with/ran the theorycrafting website formerly known as "Elitist Jerks", where the hardcore raiders went to discuss the ins and outs of the game. At the very least, he knows what "Classic" WoW was, because he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    I have just watched the Q&A and i must say, i am so happy that Ion Hazzikostas is the game director of my favorite game. Here is some reasons why:

He is passionate about the Warcraft universe.

He plays the game so he knows our struggle if something is broken or unfair.

He is not hiding behind pre-made words, he actualy says what he feels.

He is not afraid of talking about misstakes they,him, the team made/makes.

And last thing, his has a good sense of humor :-)

Do you guys agree with me? What else does do good? Does he piss you off?
    Nice try, Mr. Hazzikostas.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    He's an arrogant fucking asshole.
    He's an Elitist Jerk

Well, i am a fanboy or else i would not have made this thread..? I agree that Kaplan is an amazing director and leader. And you seem to just pull info out of your ass at this point. He has played the game before cataclysm and remebers vanilla well, he talk about it every time they mention vanilla. He was a active player before he worked for Blizzard, and still is. You can even see him pop up in random dungeons on youtube. He actualy play this game. And if you actualy saw the new Q and A and not just read the info under, you can hear that he does not talk like a suit.

When Ion was lead raid designer both the raids and the game itself were much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

So because he has had another job before Blizzard he can not be good? In what world does that make sense? xD Pewdiepie can not be a good youtuber because he sold hotdogs or notch can not make minecraft because he has worked in a retail store...

In the expansions that were bad - mostly Cata and WoD, Chilton was game director. For WoD, the only good thing was the raids, and at that time Ion was Lead Encounter Designer, not game director. For the majority of Legion's development, Chilton was still director. It was only after Legion's launch that Ion was made Lead Game Designer.

Kaplan understood what made a good MMO, but I think that if he were to come back that there'd be outrage at the kind of changes he'd make. Look at how Ion has moved to make certain pieces of the game more relevant and require actual effort - they're always met with outcry on why people can't cheese or ignore content. I think Ion's a lot more Kaplan than Chilton was.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Previous game directors were constantly replying to forum posts? I don't remember a lot of that.
    compared to Ion they lived in the Forums.

you find a blue tracker page for Ion where he shows up as much as this
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/catego...ndaria/?st=840
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-07-20 at 05:09 PM.

I really like Ion. Fuck the haters.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Ion Hazzikostas is an ex-lawyer, should tell you something and he is definitely not the best Game Director, maybe at Blizzard but even that is arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    In the expansions that were bad - mostly Cata and WoD, Chilton was game director. For WoD, the only good thing was the raids, and at that time Ion was Lead Encounter Designer, not game director. For the majority of Legion's development, Chilton was still director. It was only after Legion's launch that Ion was made Lead Game Designer.

Kaplan understood what made a good MMO, but I think that if he were to come back that there'd be outrage at the kind of changes he'd make. Look at how Ion has moved to make certain pieces of the game more relevant and require actual effort - they're always met with outcry on why people can't cheese or ignore content. I think Ion's a lot more Kaplan than Chilton was.
    I agree with everything you said :-) Kaplan is a very good director, but sometimes you dont have the same vision and drive to make it the best game ever, you get burnt out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas is an ex-lawyer, should tell you something and he is definitely not the best Game Director, maybe at Blizzard but even that is arguable.
    Makes no sense what so ever..