Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Self segregation and special treatment for a group that demands to be treated like everyone else.

I'm all for feeling pride in your sexuality, but LGBT to me just seems absurd and counterintuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    Its not like your thrown out of your home, arrested or even executed for your bedroom preference.
    Depends on where you live. In some countries, that kind of stuff does happen, even if it was no direct effect in our own backyard.

On the other hand, guilds on WoW shouldn't be policed in terms of motives, unless said motive is downright dangerous/threatening. Sexual orientation obviously doesn't fit that criteria, regardless of the side involved.

But this is the internet, where people make every little whim seem like the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason people feel the need for LGBQT communities are in the thread. They are segregating themselves for the sake of appearing exceptional. They do it because of the people who can handle the idea of a man mentioning his boyfriend in chat or a women speaking on her girlfriend or a someone on discord practicing a feminine voice.

No one bitches about Christian fellowship groups.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    What drama? They clearly stated that people have the choice to join the community whether they're LGBT or not.

They didn't say "ONLY LGBT COMMUNITY, STRAIGHT PEOPLE UNWELCOME". Straight people are more likely to get their panties in a knot so easily over silly things, simply because they're desperate to be the victims of sexual orientation discrimination even though it's almost impossible.
    I'm my experience homosexual people are looking for any reason to be offended because they enjoy to try and push people down for being "sexists".

Having said that, the lesbian couple I play video games frequently are absoloutely amazing people. I would appreciate, for their sake, that the LGBT community stopped giving homosexual people a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I'm my experience homosexual people are looking for any reason to be offended because they enjoy to try and push people down for being "sexists".
    Don't you mean "homophobic"? "Sexist" is the feminists' go-to criticism.

Deleted
    Amazing how this is common in FFXIV without drama

I can understand concerns with these types of groups in an online game with many children playing, considering that Pedophiles are now on the verge of being part of the LGBTQP movement.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

eh threads like that are easy troll targets ... its gonna happen.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Perhaps if people weren't still homophobic in 2018 gay people wouldn't prefer avoiding the shit that comes from it. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We don’t need separate groups for gays, genders, races, etc. It’s segregation and it’s not needed. We’re in a community together.
    most of these communities dont require you to be lgbt or whatever said group is for, its more about said group being a safe place for those people.

im in plenty of lgbt groups simply because of friends, me being straight isnt a problem, if i went into the group and said god hates fags go fuck yourself, that would be.

you have to remember that not too long ago, and even still in certain places it was straight up illegal to be lgbt, these types of groups sprung up out of necessity, not just for friendships and safe havens but relationships too.

when you're straight you can just go up to someone and most of the time the other person is also straight, you might get rejected but thats about the worse that can happen, lgbt folks didnt really have those opportunities so creating these types of groups and bars and other communities allowed them the ability to walk up to someone like a "normal" person could and connect, this is part of the reason why hookup culture and things like grindr are so prevalent in the lgbt community, sometimes its the only options they have to meet other people.

as it becomes more and more accepted we are seeing less and less of this but there is a clear reason why these types of communities exist.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    Though Ill admit Pride is a part of the problem as if we want to stop being looked upon as stereotypes we have to stop acting like it.
    Pretty much this, how can you expect anybody to take you seriously, if you parade yourself at the streets with naked butts and dildoes strapped all over you.

When gay pride parades started they did not call for the death of non-gay people or some other hateful thing.

But A LOT of vocal people from the LGBT community today is actually calling for very inhuman things to be done to those who are not a member of LGBT.

Same goes with anti-racism and anti-sexism movements, when they started they were about equality - but today their most vocal forms are about hatred and violence about those who are not members of their groups.

Viciously judging a person based on how/where and in what color/shape they were born is pretty much never a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    When gay pride parades started they did not call for the death of non-gay people or some other hateful thing.

But A LOT of vocal people from the LGBT community today is actually calling for very inhuman things to be done to those who are not a member of LGBT.

Same goes with anti-racism and anti-sexism movements, when they started they were about equality - but today their most vocal forms are about hatred and violence about those who are not members of their groups.

Viciously judging a person based on how/where and in what color/shape they were born is pretty much never a good thing.
    Don't be silly

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

That's funny, the only people who've called for my removal from existence as a cis white straight male are those who hijack social movements to be imsufferable assholes. Who most of the time also are cis while straight males, except they're so socially maladjusted that they'll desperately cling onto anything that could shower them with approval.

LGBTQ people I know never once wished for my death, and that's coming from someone who's seen as Hitler's reincarnation here on MMOC.

Should split all realms. Separate but equal

Call me old fashioned but maybe in a game that is rated +12 you shouldn't have separate group/community based on your sexuality .

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I can understand concerns with these types of groups in an online game with many children playing, considering that Pedophiles are now on the verge of being part of the LGBTQP movement.
    incest soon too

LGBTQPI

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think you could possibly make any more asinine statements but you still continue to amaze me .

OT no one is excluding anyone and it's primarily a LGBT+ community with everyone welcome. I've been in a similar guild for years where half the raiders are gay and the others straight. It has never been a problem and in case people do start talking about their personal lives you won't get easily triggered munchkins clutching their pearls about gay relationships.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2018-07-20 at 07:27 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Call me old fashioned but maybe in a game that is rated +12 you shouldn't have separate group/community based on your sexuality .
    Because only adults are gay?

Shouldn't you be happy about this since it means the left is starting to be more accepting of the right?(even if for the wrong reasons)
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future