Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    The waitress was dressed in a slutty outfit.
    So? A waitress's outfit doesn't give consent, a waitress does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Do you see the media coverage? What officer, being the human that they are, would arrest her unless the guy was also pressing charges. Given his body language, I doubt he did.

You know why he wouldn't come forth either. His name is known. No sane person would be in the media spot light for this and then make matters worse by trying to charge the woman after they were stupid enough to touch her.
    My point exactly. If he felt he was wronged by her reaction, he would've. The fact that his name's all over the place won't change anything, he's most likely getting flak from all social media known to man already. Pressing charges won't change the amplitude of that pressure, as it's already at its peak.

Either way, I don't buy the "disengage" excuse you brought forth earlier. The moment someone violates your physical integrity, you are well within your right to subdue whoever violated it. Him walking away wouldn't be disengagement, because that would mean I could use that as a defense if I punched you in the mouth and walked away. Besides, disengagement can only be made clear once retaliation has been initiated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sky is blue Grass is green.

Or are you trying to say it was ok for him to grope her because of her dress?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Thanks friend, we wouldn't want my crazy to get out in public!
    Yeah i do that for the both of us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Is this the beginning of one of the sexist "men can't control theirself cause they are animals" arguments?
    No no man, she was clearly asking for it! /S
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Even if that's the case... so what?

You think revealing skin to you makes you entitled to that skin? Fuck outta here...

Quote Originally Posted by JackOnPar View Post
    My point exactly. If he felt he was wronged by her reaction, he would've. The fact that his name's all over the place won't change anything, he's most likely getting flak from all social media known to man already. Pressing charges won't change the amplitude of that pressure, as it's already at its peak.

Either way, I don't buy the "disengage" excuse you brought forth earlier. The moment someone violates your physical integrity, you are well within your right to subdue whoever violated it. Him walking away wouldn't be disengagement, because that would mean I could use that as a defense if I punched you in the mouth and walked away. Besides, disengagement can only be made clear once retaliation has been initiated.
    Its not at its peak. If you wanted to see its peak, that would depend on him pressing charges. That is when it would peak.

As for the other one, I already went into it enough. Disengagement cannot be made clear only after someone has reacted to it. It can be made very clear prior to that. In the footage, you can clearly see he was not going to continue interact. You don't get to just go after someone who has assaulted you, and most police would highly advise against that. Since, like I said, it could easily be them trying to draw you into a more dangerous scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It's amazing that people in this thread think she overreacted.

Do you know how easy it is to just not grope someone? It's really easy! Try it! I'll bet you're not groping someone right now!

There is no excuse for this behavior, don't act like an ape and you won't get thrown down like that.

You don't get to just go after someone who has assaulted you
    Yes, you do, it's called self-defense or restraining them.

Its not at its peak. If you wanted to see its peak, that would depend on him pressing charges. That is when it would peak.

As for the other one, I already went into it enough. Disengagement cannot be made clear only after someone has reacted to it. It can be made very clear prior to that. In the footage, you can clearly see he was not going to continue interact. You don't get to just go after someone who has assaulted you, and most police would highly advise against that. Since, like I said, it could easily be them trying to draw you into a more dangerous scenario.
    Look, guy's name is tarnished already. He most likely won't be able to find employment as a result of his actions and their consequences. His friends and family will no longer accept being associated with him. What extra pressure or consequence would him pressing charges add up to it? Aside from people admonishing for daring to press charges? The line is drawn already, he has nothing left to lose, as he's lost everything already.

And I must've missed the part you addressed the punch analogy. Would you be so kind as to reference where you adressed it? I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by JackOnPar; 2018-07-20 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Yes, you do, it's called self-defense or restraining them.
    No you don't. Show me in the law where you can go after them. Self-defense is literally defending yourself. If they are running away or fleeing, then its either because 1) They are luring you into a trap to do more harm to you and you fell for it like a moron or 2) they are psycho and you really shouldn't follow them rather then filing a report.

At the point you are telling people to chase someone down and get revenge, that is stupid and no one would ever advise that in any legal scenario.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Rydanis View Post
    It's amazing that people in this thread think she overreacted.

Do you know how easy it is to just not grope someone? It's really easy! Try it! I'll bet you're not groping someone right now!

There is no excuse for this behavior, don't act like an ape and you won't get thrown down like that.
    Clearly this groper should have been hung from the nearest tree or lamp post, why are you going so soft on sexual harassment?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by JackOnPar View Post
    Look, guy's name is tarnished already. He most likely won't be able to find employment as a result of his actions and their consequences. His friends and family will no longer accept being associated with him. What extra pressure or consequence would him pressing charges add up to it? Aside from people admonishing for daring to press charges? The line is drawn already, he has nothing to lose.

And I must've missed the part you addressed the punch analogy. Would you be so kind as to reference where you adressed it? I can't seem to find it.
    He will find employment fine. This will die down. You also cannot speak to how his friends or family will react to him. If he was my family member, I'd call him a moron and laugh at him.

As far as where I addressed it, it was literally the first response. If they punch you and walk away, its to lure you into a trap or they are crazy. Its only self defense if they stay there and continue to attack you. If they leave or try to leave, you're an idiot for giving chase and at that point, seen as escalating the situation.

She could have injured him by pulling on his collar. Right now, as it stands, she could be in trouble from a legal stand point. She wont be, but its there.

you are telling people to chase someone down
    Bullshit. I am telling you that it's not illegal for people to defend themselves from those that assualt them or restrain those that assualt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    No no man, she was clearly asking for it! /S
    The dude must has a fetish for being chocked into a chair, because he was totally asking for that with the grab! xD

So I haven't read through all the comments on this thread but I do remember rather vocal crowd in another thread stating you aren't allowed to cause physical harm unless the suspect presents a clear and present danger to you and you do so in self defense. None of which seem like the case for this women here as the man was clearly walking away after the fact. Should I assume those same posters arguing that want this women charged now?

Guy is obviously a creep but this is the best part:

"Cherwinksi was charged w/ sexual battery."

BATTERY

1 a : the act of beating someone or something with successive blows : the act of battering (see 1batter 1)
    Gotta love the us of a

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Bullshit. I am telling you that it's not illegal for people to defend themselves from those that assualt them or restrain those that assualt them.
    Its not, If they remain there and continue to do so. If they try to leave, that is when it gets to be a grey area. I never said it was illegal to defend yourself. Just its seen as escalation if you give chase to someone who is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I haven't read through all the comments on this thread but I do remember rather vocal crowd in another thread stating you aren't allowed to cause physical harm unless the suspect presents a clear and present danger to you and you do so in self defense. None of which seem like the case for this women here as the man was clearly walking away after the fact. Should I assume those same posters arguing that want this women charged now?
    What was the context of this exactly? It feels like you are talking cops in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I would rather she have not gone to jail over this.
    A lot of women never even go to jail for rape, or murder, so for this? All she will get is congratulations, and a pat on the back. Or not, since touching her would be assault.