Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too want to join a group and immediately be accosted on coms by edgy teens and mouthbreathing basement dwellers. 11/10 idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the everloving hell would I want to talk to elitist pricks by default? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum. Default?...really?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    From what I see so far, it is very barren in voice chat because it is easier to not opt in. I opt in, not to chat but to listen, and even in a 40 man bg (yes, broken AV) I think there was 10 opted in and everyone had the same style, so there was no one talking, so there was the feeling of opting out because why join voice chat if not talking? Likewise, people who want to talk (encouraging ppl to join voice chat) have no one to talk to, cause everyone is accustomed to not joining.

I think auto enabled voice chat is fine, just so the talkers have potential listeners, and those that REALLY get bothered or intensely want the quiet WoW zen time can opt out. Toxic people, as always, can be muted/ignored.

Although, the lack of toxicity so far is probably attributed to having it automatically off, and it is a new feature, so it is hard to say..
    Well... the OP hasn't experienced mmo's that did this. You can't force people into speaking. What happens is people don't want to speak with strangers, so no one speaks except the annoying types. The rage nerds, the people with loud spanish children, the kids, the trolls, etc. It's just a toxic envyronment.

In shooters pc or console that is what you get all the time. There is nothing positive that can come from an interaction with strangers you won't see again. Those interactions would no doubt lead to lawsuits aswell. It is simply a terrible idea to force them and the OP seems oblivious of the s**t show it would bring. Perhaps the toxicity of the overwatch community isn't infamous enough already? No good can come of it.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-07-20 at 09:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    Why in the everloving hell would I want to talk to elitist pricks by default? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum. Default?...really?...
    I agree fully with u, but as an elitist, id replace "elitist prick" with LFR hero
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Yes, because I want to get screamed at by a 12 year old telling me how much I suck at the game. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I have enough of that in fortnite, when you join random squad, the cacophony of 10y old squeekers owerwhelms you
    God forbid a 10 year old play a game like FortNite amiright. I bet you were never 10 years old before with a child's voice lol kids are such FAGGOTS loooooolllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.
    No thanks. It should automatically give them the choice of, 'Join voice chat, Yes/No?'. Nothing more. The default should be the chat, and always so. Not everyone has a mic either, or the space/time/place to do voice chat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No.

unnecessary additional characters that should also be interpreted as "No."
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Yeah, I see what you are doing here. I would say you are in the minority, but that doesn't have the real granularity I'm looking for.

The people that frequent these forums are already a minority. You are, by that logic, a minority of a minority.

People would lose their absolute ever loving shit if Blizzard said, "Hey, you know that voice chat that 2% of the playerbase uses? Yeah, that shit is on by default, dawg!"

I can't wait to join every group and be bombarded with bullshit from some hyped up momma's boy because he knows it takes a few seconds to mute him.

It does do that from what I can tell. Its just most people haven't figured out how to piss people off with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    God forbid a 10 year old play a game like FortNite amiright. I bet you were never 10 years old before with a child's voice lol kids are such FAGGOTS loooooolllllll.
    At least I had the dignity to put my mic on push to talk

when you join voice channel and instantly gets bombarded by high pitch voices, I want to drill a hole into my ears

Deleted
    It's not about entertainment it's about creating an environment of teamwork and cooperation with fellow players.
    *Listening to someone's mom yelling in the background while he's furiously typing away on his mechanical keyboard*

I'm sorry WHAT

Tell you what, why don't YOU join voicechat so you can find other likeminded people who needs 5 seconds of socializing to kill an elite that falls over in 2 seconds. Thanks

It's not about entertainment it's about creating an environment of teamwork and cooperation with fellow players.
    Then join a guild. Don't force people to interact with random idiots just because you can't talk to strangers as much as you'd like

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    If I want to voice chat I'll use Discord with people I know, not with random assholes you can meet in WoW for m+ that'll bitch about every single thing.
    This. I don't want to listen to your bullshit by default. Already had enough of it in chat as text.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want the cancer that is pugs to talk to me, for my sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    At least I had the dignity to put my mic on push to talk

when you join voice channel and instantly gets bombarded by high pitch voices, I want to drill a hole into my ears
    If children's voices hurt you so badly then you either have an abnormal medical condition or you're just being a baby.

Yea no. Opt into if you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, no. Last thing I want to put up with in a BG is listening to some mouthbreather noisily chew his food, or whatever shitty music some rando on the other side of the world is listening to and had the brilliant idea to share with the group.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I learned 20 years ago that your high-pitched child and female voices grate on my nerves.

Use your big boy voice?

This is the single worst suggestion ever.