Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    It was nerfed very hard. Halved if not more. You get 0 bonus exp for completing dungeon now. Only exp you get now is random group finder reward. Exp from killing mobs also got nerfed very hard.
    according to people here and the qa the completion xp is tied into killing the boss. any source for the mobs giving less?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    according to people here and the qa the completion xp is tied into killing the boss. ?
    Lies. Killing last boss barely gives any exp compared to what end dungeon exp bonus was like pre 8.0. You used to get random dungeon bonus plus same amount for completing dungeon. Now you only get first part. And if you do dungeon without group finder, you get NOTHING AT ALL, may be 1-5% of level tops (from bosses and trash exp, you get no bonuses). Before 8.0 you used to get 30-50% of lvl (depending if dungeon has quests or not).

any source for the mobs giving less
    Myself. Getting like 300 xp per elite at lvl 85. Is that joke? I used to get 1200 xp per elite at lvl 60-70...
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-07-21 at 12:26 AM.

The experience awarded on completion of a random dungeon has been increased.

from today hotfix

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Myself.
    ill go ahead and ignore that then.

Deleted
    not enuf boosts sold, boys

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    The experience awarded on completion of a random dungeon has been increased.

from today hotfix
    I don't see any change in game. It still says 51500 xp for random dungeon at lvl 85 like before...
    Unless they buffed that invisible bonus from last boss that no one is getting despite blizzard claims so.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-07-21 at 12:31 AM.

ill go ahead and ignore that then.
    Wait... what? Why would you ignore first hand reports?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Wait... what? Why would you ignore first hand reports?
    the same reason i ignore every claim with no backing, like UFO's and Bigfoot. if they have something actually substantial they are free to share it like i originally asked for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    After 7.3.5 they do actually. You can't pull more than one pack without heirlooms even a decked out healer won't safe and under-geared tank like pre-7.3.5. I've pulled entire dungeons but that was with a paladin and a frost mage. If I get a mist-weaver or mediocre shaman, I can only go pull by pull because they're both mediocre as fuck. Disc priest are goats but holy is fucking garbage at low levels.
    Unless you're doing Legion dungeons while levelling, we didn't even need a tank for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Oh dear Blizzard...why didnt you pick the other route?

Buffing "leveling with quests"

instead

You nerf "dungeon leveling"

I've been saying that "questing in the world needed to be optimal in a MMO instead of spaming dungeons"
    But this route...is kinda...boring
    Why should single player content be the optimal route in an mmo instead of grouping and defeating actual epic quests which is what dungeons actually are.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the OP is talking about. I ran a baby druid from Echo Isles to Orgimmar. The exploration experience resulted in the druid reaching lvl2! Lvl2, for doing nothing other than running from one location to another. Huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but wtf? questing should be OPTIONAL?
    dude go play overwatch or some other kid friendly bs. leveling is the root of this game and should NOT be optional! ever!
    if you dont like leveling play another game.....
    Leveling should be optional in this game without having to spend money on boosts. Most of us have done the leveling content 10 plus times it just isn't that good sorry. The only reason to play wow is raids and dungeons the leveling is awful. If I wanted to level for fun I would play swtor since that actually have decent story content. That said they said optimal not optional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You wouldn't last five minutes on a Classic server.
    I played classic unlike most people fetishizing it. It was a good game for the time it was also by far the most casual mmo on the market like not even close levels of casual and that's something that has been true of wow in terms of getting to endgame basically from launch all the way to 7.3.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Meh I'm gonna go play vermintide 2. I'm gonna miss raiding but Ion and Ghostcrawler(ruined league/went down hill after he joined.) are just two developers, I don't agree.
    Yeah really wish blizz had just kept GC then ADCs might at least be playable right now

the same reason i ignore every claim with no backing, like UFO's and Bigfoot. if they have something actually substantial they are free to share it like i originally asked for.
    He reported exact experience values. What more do you want?

Just did Siege of Niuzao Temple dungeon at lvl 85 (with heirlooms) through random dungeon finder, elite mobs give ~50-300 XP on kill, non elite blobs at start give ~500 XP, this is barely any exp at all and non elites give more than elites wtf???... Second boss took 6 minutes to kill(!!!), third boss took 5 minutes. Is this fucking joke Blizzard? It's leveling dungeon after all, not some M+20...

For comparison, elites in Shado-Pan Monastery give 1000-1200 xp (with heirlooms) on kill at lvl 85, which I still consider way too low...

Second boss in Gate of the Setting Sun is bugged, when intermission starts he falls down and get stuck, then encounter resets after some time... So you can't complete dungeon at all as this boss is required to unlock rest of the bosses...

The only good news so far is that random dungeon bonus exp was indeed buffed by 50% with todays hotfixes (was 51500 XP, now 77200 XP at lvl 85).
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-07-21 at 07:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    He reported exact experience values. What more do you want?
    the values were edited in after my reply, and ideally a screen shot of before and after the patch as i don't have the means to see those values my self as i don't have characters at that level and didn't see the values before the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry after BFA is over and they get that surplus of money from boosts they'll make leveling faster to show that they're "listening" even though their buff won't make the leveling process as fast as it used to be.

It's typical Blizzard. They know how to psychologically manipulate the community into getting their anti consumer actions through only to dial it back a bit to pretend they care about feedback.

the leveling is kinda like classic except non elite mobs can kill you even with heirloom gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    the leveling is kinda like classic except non elite mobs can kill you even with heirloom gear.
    I've been levelling (on and off) my Tauren Hunter since the scaling changes but switched to survival when 8.0. In short for me the levelling experience has been fantastic - got from 53 to 61 between Desolace, Feralas & Tanaris and it's been a reasonable challenge even with full heirlooms. Personally I got fed up with the LFD spamming that we've had since Cataclysm and this means I can complete a region without having to miss quests whilst still getting full xp for each and every quest & mob kill. If anything, normal quest mobs should hit a bit harder to force players to think about pulls but that's maybe asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    plenty of people are saying they are getting a lot less xp after the patch
    it's possible it's being affected by the level of people in the dungeons and since a 59 can play with a 20, the 20 will get fuck all for XP
    That is how it should be tbh. I shouldn't be able to boost a new friend because they don't want to level.

Good thing