Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I read his posts, it is just off color humor. I have heard worse in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    What happened to cenk was fucking stupid. I don't like him. I don't like TYT. Those things he said were from 20 years ago. And they were just words. Not actions. A person can change alot in that amount of time. Kicking him out of Justice Democrats for that is pretty sad.
    Exactly. It's a completely hypocritical standard as well.

Pretty much every tweet I've seen seems like a joke taken out of context or made in poor taste. I understand why Disney would want to distance themselves from him, but it seems like they should have known what they were getting when they hired him. They got Gunn for GotG in 2012, which was well after some of those tweets were made.

Is there anything to suggest he's actually a pedo? Victims coming forward, testimony from coworkers/friends, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Same...

I mean... him making Nameless....

Fucking awesome!

I mean I get it now why he would be great for it.
    You almost need a guy with a fucked up sense of humor and leaning towards the weird to do Nameless. And he did Troma work...so perfect for it. Disney can't be producing Nameless so it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Alos, teenagers say shitty things all the time for shock value and to be edgy, it's practically a rite of passage that a 14-year-old say something mind-bogglingly offensive to make himself look cool. Not sure someone ought to be held accountable for comments made 15 years ago on their Twitter feed when their MO and general outlook have both obviously changed .
    He was making those tweets when he was 41-45 not 14, it was between 2008 and 2012, he is 51 now.

I noticed the people on twitter upset that Gunn was fired were mostly the same people who cheered and danced when Pewdiepie was let go from Maker Studios (owned by Disney).

IMO neither Gunn nor Pewds should have been fired however its the culture we live in. Outrage mobs outraged over different things meanwhile us normal folks are like "meh, not my kinda jokes"

Honestly I think 99% of these people who get "Offended" are attention seekers trying to fill a void inside them thats been left there by a hollow existence. They have nothing to contribute to society so they simply try to get things destroyed, or ruin careers so they can feel SOME sense of satisfaction. Ijust wish that people would wake up and realize these people are a TINY TINY minority of people and should be ignored. Sadly however some of these empty individuals are Journalists and try to rile up the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Is there anything to suggest he's actually a pedo? Victims coming forward, testimony from coworkers/friends, etc?

Haven't heard of anything. Hopefully it's just him trying to be funny by being shocking.

A lot of these guys getting accused, you never hear from them again.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    God fucking dammit he was a great director this is so shitty.
    It sucks. But we agreed as a society you can lose your job if your employer doesn't like what you said on the internet.

It's clearly jokes, but not jokes the Disney Corporation is going to tolerate.

So what I take from this is the guy liked telling offensive jokes, and because of that he got fired. The world we live in is crazy, but he should have known to keep that off the internet given the witch hunts that take place because of people searching for stuff to be offended by.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    This is insane! But animal killer Chris Pratt is still not fired? what a joke!
    Animal killer, so what like the majority of humans on the planet? I didn't realise you needed to be a vegan buddhist to hold a job.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Really sad to see him go. He had the best franchise in the MCU. Loved both movies. But this is what happens in society today. We let the left run rampant in todays culture where if you say something inappropriate instead of getting suspended or taking a few months off you get fired. I hate that this happens but what goes around comes around. Its going to happen to both sides now. I wish companies would stand up against the internet triggered fans but it doesnt seem like thats going to happen.

Trump is pretty much the only person whos able to say things on the internet and even though both the media and the triggered internet crowds come after him, hes able to just shrug it off and keep going with his supporters.

What sucks is the James Gunns or a few former ESPN employees or some news casters or actors or store owners who get shammed into submission either by the company they worked years for or the internet crowd.

We really as a society need to stop getting in other peoples business. I think being so connected with things like twitter and facebook has made us too aware as a society and in our awareness we see the darkside of things and we try to fix it. Except theres thousands of people all trying to fix it by saying one thing.

No human should be speaking to thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions of people on a daily basis unless thats their job. Socially speaking to that many people is just bad. Youll go crazy. A president, a politician sure thats what they signed up for. But twitter is too much. Facebook is too much. And if I go and say somthing stupid at work i get a few people who wont talk to me. If you say somthing stupid on the internet. Thats thousands of people who want to throw negativity in your face.

Oh and James Gunn has been very politically vocal. So now i bet hes getting alot of flake from the right because he was giving them alot of shit for supporting Trump.

What goes around comes around James.

Lets hope the Script he turned in a few months ago was a really good one.

I sure hope Disney feels good pandering to the same knuckledraggers who were protesting Star Wars because all 3 new leads were minorities.

What a statement you're making there Disney. I hope he sues the shit out of Disney for breach of contract. Made them nearly 2 billion dollars and they drop his ass because pizzagate dumbasses found stupid bad joke tweets and feigned outrage.

Free speech though amirite Trumpkins?

Holding actors and artists to a higher standard than politicians and the president.

Way to go !!

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Let this be a lesson, kids: be mindful of what you say online. 140 characters or less (at the time) is all it takes to utterly destroy your life and career.
    Only for liberals, because liberals hold each other accountable. Conservatives do have to abide by those rules as conservatives let other cons get away with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    I sure hope Disney feels good pandering to the same knuckledraggers who were protesting Star Wars because all 3 new leads were minorities.

What a statement you're making there Disney. I hope he sues the shit out of Disney for breach of contract. Made them nearly 2 billion dollars and they drop his ass because pizzagate dumbasses found stupid bad joke tweets and feigned outrage.

Free speech though amirite Trumpkins?
    Did you get this mad when Roseanne also, expectedly, lost her job over posting dumb statements that her employeer didn't want representing them?

Welcome to the new world. You lose your job if you say something stupid. And I say that acknowledging what he said was jokes. But no one should be shocked DISNEY is not tolerating those jokes. Maybe Fox or Sony would defend him.

Did you get this mad when Roseanne also, expectedly, lost her job over posting dumb statements that her employeer didn't want representing them?
    Lol, really? Its not like James Gunn said those things A DECADE ago, had apologized for multiple times, and nobody actually cared about them until some knuckledragging, pizzagate-supporting, manchild decided he wanted to go after somebody based on their political views.

Roseanne said her heinous shit this year, feigned an apology, and returned to acting exactly the same after she did. Do you not understand that after you acknowledge what you did or said was wrong and apologize for it, it only matters if you actually change how you act?

Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Lol, really? Its not like James Gunn said those things A DECADE ago, had apologized for multiple times, and nobody actually cared about them until some knuckledragging manchild decided he wanted to go after somebody based on their political views.

Roseanne said her heinous shit this year, feigned an apology, and returned to acting exactly the same after she did. Do you not understand that after you acknowledge what you did or said was wrong and apologize for it, it only matters if you actually change how you act?

Try harder.
    Doesn't matter when he said. It only matters that he said it.

Plus, Disney trapped themselves now. They can't double back and play it off. "Oh, we're actually perfectly fine with the jokes we fired him for".

Once again, welcome to the new world.

Doesn't matter when he said. It only matters that he said it.
    It actually does matter.

James Gunn and Roseanne's scenarios are completely different outside of the fact that they both were employed by Disney and both were fired.

Everything about how it happened, what spurred it, how they were acting, how they apologized, how they acted after the apology, everything. It was all completely different.

Also these tweets happened years before the FIRST Guardians movie. Disney either knew about it or didn't care enough about it to not hire him. They're acting like Youtube, knee-jerk removing content/employee because of a mass flagging campaign/fake outrage thrown by knuckledraggers without looking at context whatsoever.

But I know that when you're arguing from a ridiculous premise, you go as vague as possible as to ignore the actual facts.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-07-21 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It sucks. But we agreed as a society you can lose your job if your employer doesn't like what you said on the internet.

It's clearly jokes, but not jokes the Disney Corporation is going to tolerate.
    They did tolerate them, though. Disney knew about all this when they hired him.

Bad Faith, An Internet Play in Two Acts

ACT I
    2008, Twitter
    JAMES GUNN: *Bad Tweets*

LEFTISTS: Hey those tweets are bad what the hell?

JAMES GUNN: Hey you know you're right my bad I'm gonna do better.

LEFTISTS: OK good.

ACT II
    2018, Twitter

MARK DUPLASS: Hey I don't agree with Ben Shapiro but he did me a favor once so he isn't all bad.

LEFTISTS: Ben Shapiro is, in fact, bad.

JAMES GUNN: Look I know Ben Shapiro is piece of shit, but Mark is a buddy and his heart's in the right place.

MIKE CERNOVICH: INSULTING MY DEAR SWEET PRINCE BEN SHAPIRO, EH JAMES GUNN? OH MY MY LOOK AT THESE BAD TWEETS FROM TEN YEARS AGO. ALSO HEY DID YOU GUYS KNOW I BEAT A RAPE CHARGE BY HAVING SOMEONE INTIMIDATE MY VICTIM INTO SILENCE GOOD TIMES I'M A REAL FUCKING SCUMBAG.

JACK PROBIOTIC: PEDOPHILE JOKES ARE BEYOND THE PALE HEY REMEMBER WHEN I DOXXED ONE OF ROY MOORE'S ACCUSERS LMAO I TOTALLY DESERVE TO GET EBOLA AND DIE BLEEDING FROM MY EYESOCKETS.

DIPSHITS: Behold these bastions of virtue giving the left what they deserve.

Fin