Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way. I don't want to enter a heroic to hear some guy loudly eating chips over his $12 mic. Voice chat is irrelevant below heroic raids/mythic+15, and those who need it will use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.
    Hearing 12 year olds going REEEEEEEEEEE in chat? No thanks.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Hell no, Overwatch taught me one thing: Voice with randoms is the absolute worst thing possible.

i'm not sure how that works, i joined a few times but didnt hear anything. Must i have a headset and mic or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    No fucking way.

Should have made a poll for this.
    - Yes
    - No
    - No fucking way
    - Don't care

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealt with enough of that shit on xbox 360 live when every xbox came with a mic. Fuck that shit.

I think you should be able to enable a setting that automatically puts you in voice chat in every group. It would make the system used a lot more than it is.

Mute button.

- - - Updated - - -

If you really don't want to, you can leave.
    Better idea: people can join voice chat if they want to! Yaaaaay!

No. Objectively no.

Questionable tactical benefits aside, under new EU privacy laws (GDPR) this wouldn't even be allowed without clear explicit consent of the player. Clear, meaning it can't be covered under some long ass vague ToS, and explicit meaning the player has to perform an action to give the consent, i.e. it cannot be ticked by default. Opening up your mic potentially without you being aware is a serious violation of that law and can lead to a fine of 4% of annual revenue.

I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.
    maybe in the usa server, try it in europe when you end up in a group were the tank speak finnish, the healer italian two dps spanish and the last one an east european language.

then think about it when you join a raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

OP must've never played GTA V Online... worst experience ever... i'm pretty sure WoW voice would be just as bad, if i wanted to hear kids bitch and complain or insult each other i'd join my friends discord and listen to them bicker...... blizzard just needs to give up on integrated voip... nobody cares...... ok hardly anyone cares
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't matter what the default is, so long as there is an option, a permanent until changed manually by the player option to change the default behavior... If a person doesn't want to be in voice chat they should not have to leave manually every time they join a group, and if they do want to be in voicechat they shouldn't have to join manually every time they join a group.

TL;DR We should be able to set the default to whatever the hell we want it to be.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yea big fat fuckin NO to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    God forbid a 10 year old play a game like FortNite amiright. I bet you were never 10 years old before with a child's voice lol kids are such FAGGOTS loooooolllllll.
    Let me guess. You are that 12yo kid that people on this thread fon't want to interact with by default.

And no, the voice chat should be just like in overwatch. Default on push to talk abd just press the p2t button to join if you want.
    Don't need that drunk russian yell at me because i'm not healing his stupid ass while he takes all the unavoidable damage that he can as if he has details set on damage taken.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hell to the no. Voice chat is what Discord and other manageable options are for the WoW vc is god awful already and having it auto join would be a deal breaker for me personally ever joining groups again.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Let me guess. You are that 12yo kid that people on this thread fon't want to interact with by default.
    No, I'm not an insecure knob like you who whines about children in a children's video game. Girls talk to me and let me have sex with them, you know. It's pretty cool the things you get access to when you're not a total fucking tool.

so many insecure people who fear to interact with others... seems like it's true that most player play wow to escape reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    so many insecure people who fear to interact with others... seems like it's true that most player play wow to escape reality.
    It isn't that voice is common in the higher end of the game but imagine something like lfr with forced voice... my old would I finally have fun with lfr but I doubt anyone else would.