Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The battle for Azeroth is the battle for Azeroth against the Old Gods.

Spoilerz
    I thought it would be "Lets bitch about Sylvanas and Anduin" expansion?
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I don't like BFA - the same reason, why MOP story failed. This is core PVP aspect problem in every single MMO - players just can't be bad. NPCs can, but not players. And therefore at the end Horde can't be bad and Alliance can't be bad. Opposite faction can be shown as bad in PVE quests, but this point of view is purely relative, as other faction sees the same thing too. So neither Horde, nor Alliance can win in this war. And therefore it's just pointless.
    Indeed!

/10

Yeah, that's why I don't like BFA - the same reason, why MOP story failed.
    That is literally the BEST thing that came out of the expansion. It's probably the best story Blizzard has ever attempted to put together. You're the vocal minority on this one, sorry.

I like that we are basically at a point of story invention for WoW. I personally loved MoP. I mean we only have Azshara and N'Zoth left from 'old' wow lore right?
    I liked killing Arthas and Ilidans story, but I am excited for new directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think the name of the expansion is too vague to imply it's just Horde vs Alliance or Orcs vs Humans. I believe the expansion really will be about a battle for azeroth, the start of a great battle against a far superior foe. The whole Horde vs Alliance will be a distraction and the real threat will be revealed later. We'll get a few known names and then it'll progress to something larger such as the void or what not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically "I'm angry about the thing that isn't even out yet, and I'm angry because I think it's something that pretty much everyone knows it's not."
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    the assumption here is you'll explore Ancient lands of Zandalar and Kul'Tiras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Jesus Christ. How retarded do you have to be at this point to not see this is an Old God expansion
    Pretty much, we're entering Void arc that will span good 2-3 expansions for years to come.

They have to start it somehow, just like WoD was a start of Legion arc and we never seen that coming from a bloody trailer.

It's the same thing now - we get some bait meaningless war, in the same fashion as Iron Horde was, while in reality the real enemy is moving his pawns in background before the grand reveal of the actual threat.

Anyone who followed WoW enough is clear about that - the whole faction war is a facade that will be shattered by the end of BfA. It's just something to shove on your screen without actually revealing the real plot from day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's why I don't like BFA - the same reason, why MOP story failed.
    I just seen this gem and here's a bit for you. So far MoP is outright one of the best expansion plots we have seen and what's even more amazing - it was a completely new lore overall, not something carried by the big names from RTS and existing lore like WoTLK or BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet another retarded troll thread

How do you know the story won’t evolve into something grander? Speculation your honour, coupled with lack of imagination. ‘Battle for Azeroth’ can mean multiple things.

Deleted
    for starters: Nice post, enjoyed the read - I get your point!

Personally, I think a clearer separation of the Horde and the Alliance is a positive thing.. The two parts have been doing the same stuff for ages.

Man stay positive, it's clear there is something else at play while we are busy fighting each other. Even Blizz keeps saying there are things unrevealed. Even in the release there is a high focus on other things than the war let alone future patches.

Who says there won't be a victorious side? There is possibility that one side beats the other side into submission, more so than at the end of 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ. How retarded do you have to be at this point to not see this is an Old God expansion
    The Battle for Azeroth is not about which faction will dominate the planet, it will be about putting aside our differences and finding that common goal again so we can save the planet.
    Like we always do...
    Because it's original...
    So yeah...

Beating up some #NotMyFaction faces and putting the focus on it from the get-go does kind of make this different, and I welcome it

Deleted
    Faction war IS the core theme of Warcraft, whether you like it or not. Stuff like bombing of Theramore or Garrosh were discussed for years. It's certainly much more interesting than shameless Star Wars/Lovecraft rip-offs like Void vs. Light and Old Gods.

The whole faction conflict is more of a vague premise while leveling. Only at max level does it become somewhat relevant with the war campaign. But for instanced PvE the first thing you do is fight some old god wannabe created in a titan research facility. The next one might be Azshara. In the end the whole thing remains a vague premise probably, so I have a hard time finding myself to care tbh and it seems even blizzard can't do much with it outside of busywork like warfronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendez View Post
    Faction war IS the core theme of Warcraft, whether you like it or not. Stuff like bombing of Theramore or Garrosh were discussed for years. It's certainly much more interesting than shameless Star Wars/Lovecraft rip-offs like Void vs. Light and Old Gods.
    Element Zero, is that you?

Thank you! I've been saying this for a year almost. This is the Old Gods expansion, not faction war.

And the answer to your question is, very.

We already know that the big baddies of the expansion are Azshara and Nzoth(if we face him has not been revealed)

This will end up as the Battle to save Azeroth, rather than to conquer Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendez View Post
    And the Burning of Teldrassil will be a sore subject for years to come

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by comandante cobra View Post
    Fck! What I do not like is this faction war. I never liked this shit faction war, it's a very old plot and without any creativity. Horde and Alliance fight each other and then join... again! They could make a better story, but insist on faction war as an appeal to get some more money. It is past time for the factions to join in once and end the war with each other. Im not "stupid", im just dont like this shit war again and again. Some hordes deserves to die and that's it! And may azshara and N'zoth come!

PS: Stupid is you to respond rudely
    and how should anybody know what you like/dislike if u just say *i agree* to the OP when all he says is * OMFG ENTIRE EXPANSION ABOUT FACTION WAR SO BAD LULULU* and for the whole *i don't like faction shit* u know u play a game named World of WARcraft which entire story is based around that shit...just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    That is literally the BEST thing that came out of the expansion. It's probably the best story Blizzard has ever attempted to put together. You're the vocal minority on this one, sorry.
    Problem with any of such xpacks - is that they're against moral principles and therefore pointless. What was MOP about? We've accidentally discovered new continent and started to do what? Plunder it? Exploit it's resources to feed our own conflict? Being just mercenary, who is ready to kill his mother for gold and epics? Who've said, that Pandas are good and, let's say, Mogu are bad? Good and bad - are actually relative things. You just can't make the genocide of natives, just because somebody has said, that some of them are good and some are bad. So, we were serving Pandas just because they were paying us? Disgusting... And how it ended? All of a sudden we've abandoned whole Pandaria storyline and returned back to "Garrosh is bad", that leaded us all that WOD "Back to the future" nonsense. And BFA just looks like exactly the same pointless nonsense.

P.S. There is one rule of thumb - usually it's people, who've started to play in this xpack, think, that it was good. Why? Because you perceive game as is - not through prism of all previous content. I.e. if you haven't seen better game - even the shittiest one is good for you.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.