Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And if you can not discuss something without insults, then we will not discuss anything again.

Trump should be treated with respect for the office he holds. Not for who he is as a individual. Having served in the military, I understand this principle. I opposed Obama's goals and agenda for my country. But I never would show disrespect for the position he held. Yes, it is not illegal to call a President a chimp and make caricatures of him as a animal. But it sure as hell is being disrespectful and is disgusting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The position he holds commands some respect. And for many he has did several things which they respect.
    You still haven’t answered the question. Why should trump be afforded the respect he refused to give obama?

I’m not insulting you, I’m telling the truth. You are holding different standards for trump than you do for eveyone else.

Take your feels elsewhere and answer the question. Why do you have lower standards for trump than you do for everyone else. He should be held to higher standards.

Yet everything you’re complaining about, he does, and he has your full support.

That is hypocrisy. If you can’t handle the truth, it only further explains why you are a trump supporter.

Hell, I’ll add one more thing:
    By supporting a man who has done nothing but debase the presidency (with his lies, attitude, name calling, and childish behavior), YOU are the one who has no respect for the office. You need to follow your own advice and give respect for the office.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-07-20 at 05:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Trump has no respect for the office he holds.

He is a liar and a lawbreaker.

He is unfit to be President. That the Republican Party refuses to remove him from office (and replace him with Pence, who personally stays much closer to the ideals the Republican Party claims to uphold) is strong evidence that they have ceased to be a political party in a free and democratic republic, and are instead a dangerous cult of personality.
    Prove it. What you think is a law breaker, some others, more importantly the Justice department, may not see it as such. He maintains close to a 90% approval rating among the Republicans.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it. What you think is a law breaker, some others, more importantly the Justice department, may not see it as such. He maintains close to a 90% approval rating among the Republicans.
    This says more about Republicans than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it.
    Trump and his lawyers have done all the legwork for me, on both lying and lawbreaking:

Trump admits on Twitter that he broke the law to cover up an affair that never, ever happened, okay?

What you think is a law breaker, some others, more importantly the Justice department, may not see it as such.

L. O. L.

He maintains close to a 90% approval rating among the Republicans.
    This is irrelevant (if true - I notice that despite your demand for proof, you provide none) except for how it show Republicans to be a cult and not a political party.

Watching you twist your brain into knots to avoid acknowledging the above will be fun to watch.
    Impeach the MF.

And if you can not discuss something without insults, then we will not discuss anything again.

Trump should be treated with respect for the office he holds. Not for who he is as a individual. Having served in the military, I understand this principle. I opposed Obama's goals and agenda for my country. But I never would show disrespect for the position he held. Yes, it is not illegal to call a President a chimp and make caricatures of him as a animal. But it sure as hell is being disrespectful and is disgusting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

The position he holds commands some respect. And for many he has did several things which they respect.
    Maybe you should tell that to your hero, the guy you voted for.

Yeah, your hypocrisy is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, that was the whole point of my post...
    No, your "point" was that I "have an agenda" when I point out when different cultures have different values in a lot of things. Some of them conflicting, such as women's rights.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump and his lawyers have done all the legwork for me, on both lying and lawbreaking:

Trump admits on Twitter that he broke the law to cover up an affair that never, ever happened, okay?

L. O. L.

This is irrelevant (if true - I notice that despite your demand for proof, you provide none) except for how it show Republicans to be a cult and not a political party.

Watching you twist your brain into knots to avoid acknowledging the above will be fun to watch.
    I do not see in that link where he admits to what you are saying he did. If he broke the law, then why has he not been charged for it?

The special counsel has found no connection of Trump breaking any law....yet.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/...al-republicans.... 87% approval and this was pretty recent. In June.

And if you are on here just to get some twisted satisfaction from disagreeing with someone, then we will not have any further discussion.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Many Turks have died resisting their dictator and many more will in the future, in these cases most people want to just get on with their lives and keep their heads down. Your personal experience doesn't warrant blanket statements on millions of people even skewed polls show only 47% of people support him.

Last but not least obvious having national pride doesn't mean you support the leader of your country (see Trump).
    And these rebels are somehow good guys? i thought we where over this nonsense after the success of the Arab spring. In fact Erdogans main opponent is a borderline fundamentalist. and 47 % is a lot to worry about. And its only 1 thing to worry about. What are Turks general atances on gays rights? or women rights?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump has no respect for the office he holds.

He is a liar and a lawbreaker.

He is unfit to be President. That the Republican Party refuses to remove him from office (and replace him with Pence, who personally stays much closer to the ideals the Republican Party claims to uphold) is strong evidence that they have ceased to be a political party in a free and democratic republic, and are instead a dangerous cult of personality.
    I dont care as long as he gets results . And so far i like the results. People still like obama even after he turned the middle east into a raging inferno.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump is unlike any other president we have ever had so we are going to have to agree to disagree. He is so polarizing that many see not supporting him means caring for your country, also obviously while you may have felt that way about Obama many on the right did not.
    The left has also done its fair share of polarizing. shit like white privilege and communist agenda's and generally ideological madness will cause deep divisions. And do you know what i hate all about this? Trump is actively using it against the left. His comments in Helsinki where not a mistake but calculated move to cause the left to go berserk. Already their plenty of vids where you the left going completely of their knockers. Amusing but i rather do politics in a civilized way
    Last edited by mmoc2fe2148ef1; 2018-07-21 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    snip
    What does have to do with you hating all turks because you think they support Edrogan? I honestly do not care about that conversation since we all know you already made up your mind that Trump is some kind of super genius or whatever. I hope at least you keep a open mind to a people who are already suffering under a dictator the last thing they need is people like you adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    No, your "point" was that I "have an agenda" when I point out when different cultures have different values in a lot of things. Some of them conflicting, such as women's rights.
    Wrong, but I'm not surprised you have a hard time comprehending my point given that you're the type of person to differentiate between "shallow" multiculturalism and multiculturalism that "people care about".

Just a question, did peace exist before multiculturalism?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    The only way that multiculturalism can exist is in a situation of apartheid. Because in a system of apartheid the cultures can survive without being fundamentally influenced by the other culture. In every other situation of what people call a multicultural society, it are cultures merging together; creating a new culture rather than several cultures surviving next to each other. In essence, multiculuralism does not exist unless there is a system of apartheid. And we can't really say that it has every succesfully been applied.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    What does have to do with you hating all turks because you think they support Edrogan? I honestly do not care about that conversation since we all know you already made up your mind that Trump is some kind of super genius or whatever. I hope at least you keep a open mind to a people who are already suffering under a dictator the last thing they need is people like you adding to it.
    This the typical black and white thinking of the left again. I say something negative about a group of people and therefore i must hate him. I dont hate them. IK simply do not believe that multicultural society is possible between the Dutch and the Turks because cultural values are simply to different . And that a large amount of them support a dictator is simply an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just a question, did peace exist before multiculturalism?
    Did peace ever exist would be a better question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because something does not exists, does not mean it ain't possible
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    IK simply do not believe that multicultural society is possible between the Dutch and the Turks because cultural values are simply to different . And that a large amount of them support a dictator is simply an example.
    And a simple google search would prove that you are wrong, you should try judging people based on who they are not the country they are from. Also you may want to lay off the breitbart / alex jones type of websites for a while.

Multiculturalism can work but it really depends on the cultures it's dealing with.
    If you're mixing cultures that deeply disagree on core values of how to live life, then you run into a problem.

Someone once mentioned California as an example of multiculturalism, but that's bullshit.
    Mexicans and WASPs aren't that far off in terms of culture and have no problem getting along except for minor race bashing or Protestantism vs Catholicism bickering.
    Black people were also pretty much assimilated during the time of slavery so their culture is more a focus on their race than anything.
    To this day the US still has a massive race and sexism issue considering how everyone keeps degrading white men at the moment as if it's the natural thing to do.

This cannot be compared at all with hordes of immigrant muslim men coming to get benefits in Europe. Islamic countries usually have values that are completely against anything the west believes in.

Freedom - Islam believes in absolute submission to Allah and that the laws of Islam. I.E Sharia must be followed to the core, freedom be damned
    Gender Equality - Islam believes women to be secondary to men, their primary purpose is to stay at home and make children. They're the man's property and must be fiercerly guarded. If a woman embarrasses the family it is the family head's duty to kill her.
    Freedom of Belief - Islam believes that Islam must be the only religion. People who follow another religion gets a heavy tax, and leaving Islam is punished by death

Now I could go on but you get my point.
    These are people coming from such countries, with those values, and without being taught the values of their new countries.
    I'm not saying all immigrants are like this because they're not, some are even escaping from these horrors.

But I have lived among immigrants and I can assure you, many just wants to bring their old lifestyle here, and that is why there is such a big backlash from Europeans.
    They're not racist, they're islamophobic and for a good reason considering how they're seeing their values being eroded by people seemingly coming to escape from wars, and then those people make demands, cause havoc, rape women, etc.

What we need to do is improve the countries these people come from so they won't want to leave.
    We need to fight the illegal human trafficking happening in the Mediterranean, and we need to take in real refugees and educate them about their new countries so they can adapt to western values.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-07-21 at 12:02 PM.

I agree to some degree. Multiculturalism can exist in a country as long as those cultural differences don't prevent said minority from conforming to the social conventions of the country they reside in. This is absolutely feasible, as long as the culture is practiced mostly behind closed doors.

A lot of European countries have trouble with immigrants at the moment due to the social differences caused by the clashes in culture, but for every generation that passes, those immigrants will become more integrated and thus it won't really be a problem in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nice to see so many here support the racist statements of our highest diplomat. Kinda funny that he'll probably find more support for it here than in his own party.
    And who cares it damaged relations with our former colonies in the Americas? Or even the Caribbean islands still under Dutch rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    A lot of European countries have trouble with immigrants at the moment due to the social differences caused by the clashes in culture, but for every generation that passes, those immigrants will become more integrated and thus it won't really be a problem in the long run.
    It's more than European countries, the principle applies to all countries. Assimilation is a huge part of immigration, and that fact either gets glossed over or ignored nowadays. If you lack the assimilation process (by outright not having it or not enough time), you'll likely get factional warfare or social discord at the very least. For centuries many countries have understood and practiced assimilation at various levels, even the US mostly shut down immigration in the mid-1900's for decades to allow such assimilation.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    And a simple google search would prove that you are wrong, you should try judging people based on who they are not the country they are from. Also you may want to lay off the breitbart / alex jones type of websites for a while.
    Clearly you are out of arguments. But i lived worked and even befriended Turks. But im not some left win ideologist like you that cannot handle facts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I agree to some degree. Multiculturalism can exist in a country as long as those cultural differences don't prevent said minority from conforming to the social conventions of the country they reside in. This is absolutely feasible, as long as the culture is practiced mostly behind closed doors.

And that last statement was a long held believe for a while. But after 6 generations Turks and Morrocans we don't see any change at all. Its also a bit arrogant to think people will just give up their identity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Nice to see so many here support the racist statements of our highest diplomat. Kinda funny that he'll probably find more support for it here than in his own party.
    And who cares it damaged relations with our former colonies in the Americas? Or even the Caribbean islands still under Dutch rule?
    Oh boy Gilrak is on the warpath again calling everything racist. Its kind of cute to watch though as he tries so hard.