Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I like how you managed to insult everyone younger than you AND everyone older than you at the same time. What a douche you are.
    Not everyone younger than me is horny and not everyone older than me is crazy.

I like how you automatically assumed every old guy is crazy and every teenager makes decisions based on how hard their dick is. What a douche you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I am from new york and what you posted is quite literally the most stupid post I've seen from you. A specific group of terrorist who were financed by foreigners committed a terrorist attack. Does one terrorist attack now mean we have a problem with Islam? Does one christian bombing now mean we have a problem with christians? Does an anti gay attack by an anti gay group means we have a problem with anti gay groups?

New York doesn't have a problem with immigrant muslims, what you have there is a group of peopel that were on a not suppose to be allowed visas; however, they never relayed the messaged in time because we had a shit ton of read tape.

What happened didn't happen due to "too much muslim immigration" so your post is just utter bullshit.
    Yeah, I suppose if I were to focus on more recent, larger scale cultural imports from Islamic countries to Anglophone nations, it'd be better to think of Rotherham. Not quite the aesthetic gut punch of 9/11, but harder to put down to just being a one off that has nothing at all to do with an Islamic immigrant problem, eh?

I'm sure nothing like that could happen in Korea though
    Last edited by Spectral; 2018-07-21 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I suppose if I were to focus on more recent, larger scale cultural imports from Islamic countries to Anglophone nations, it'd be better to think of Rotherham. Not quite the aesthetic gut punch of 9/11, but harder to put down to just being a one off that has nothing at all to do with an Islamic immigrant problem, eh?

Pakistani, uzbeks, Kyrgyz and bangladeshi people are overrepresented in violent and sex crimes here and not by a small margin either.

http://www.iom-mrtc.org/business/pop...cnt=1&b_no=295
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-21 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    But you are. You are denying Koreans freedom of choice and want to force them into your vision of radical liberalism.

You're like Bioware. They also thought diversity equals success. And they made Andromeda. Getting back to US, I remember Ferguson? How's coexistence with black people going on? You can't even live on good terms with one other race that's been around for centuries, and they don't even have a militant religion that could complicate things. It's nice to talk about diversity when you look at successful Asian engineers and doctors, but not so much when you look at black ghettos, latino drug dealers, and russian mafia. Not to mention how Germany "enjoys" a surge of crime that mysteriously happened right as immigrants flooded it.
    I never said that diversity equals success, also more immigration tends to create more succesful cities but that is another point. I'm saying that diversity doesn't necessarily lead to places turning bad like Sri Lanka or Jerusalem. This is a map of Sacramento one of the cities with more mobility in the US:

While there is still some segregation, it's doing rather fine.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    But that's the problem, if you'd bother to pull your head out of your liberal ass. The immigrants ARE causing harm. Lots of it. Wake up and smell the muslims.
    I'm a small-government conservative, sorry to ruin your parade. My concerns are for individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. You are the one who seems to punish someone for the actions of another. I'd rather people be held responsible for their own actions. Damn, it looks like you are the liberal...

My neighbor is a Muslim, immigrated her from Kashmir. Should I have them deported?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    But you are. You are denying Koreans freedom of choice and want to force them into your vision of radical liberalism.

You're like Bioware. They also thought diversity equals success. And they made Andromeda. Getting back to US, I remember Ferguson? How's coexistence with black people going on? You can't even live on good terms with one other race that's been around for centuries, and they don't even have a militant religion that could complicate things. It's nice to talk about diversity when you look at successful Asian engineers and doctors, but not so much when you look at black ghettos, latino drug dealers, and russian mafia. Not to mention how Germany "enjoys" a surge of crime that mysteriously happened right as immigrants flooded it.
    How am I denying them freedom of anything? Am I holding a gun to their heads? Nope. I'm calling them authoritarians and xenophobes.

Sorry, you lose once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn’t realize Machismo was in charge of Korea these days. Thanks for the heads up.
    Apparently, I am. They did just lose some leadership, so they put me in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Funny how we are yet again expected to clean up a Shia and Sunni civil war and take Muslims from both sides in as refugees. I'm sure you can find something the white man did somewhere down the line to blame it on though.

Then i propose that whatever country you live in implement an open border policy and a world wide VISA waiver program. Everyone will be welcome. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

But that's NOT whats happening is it? At least not in Europe. We are required by law to provide a comfortable living standard and livable monthly stipend to each and every refugee a long with housing, free dental, medical, school and whatever other assistance they require such as interpreters.

You can't just say "let them all in to earn their keep" when that is not how the system works. IF and WHEN the system works like that they are more than welcome to come here and fend for themselves.

"Just let them in" Jesus Christ what bubble you must live in.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what you guys always say. When it's 10% you will say "well 90% still don't think like that" and so on. In Sweden the media even launched a campaign that said "we are the 84%" or something like that showing that "most people don't think like that".

Now that figure is over 25% or something like that. So when ARE we going to get heard? Do we need to become over 50% that are openly against immigration? See what will happen then.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you managed to insult everyone younger than you AND everyone older than you at the same time. What a douche you are.
    Then maybe you should deal with your welfare problem. While you are at it, you should also address your clear hatred of individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.

A calculated terrorist attack by a groop is now considered fair game to say how immigrants are bad? That’s a stupid argument which was your initial argument. Like what is your angle are you against immigration from Muslim countries? Tell you what homegrown terrorist are quite a problem some of them have no ethnic ties to other countries how do you plan to deal with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Pakistani, uzbeks, Kyrgyz and bangladeshi people are overrepresented in violent and sex crimes here and not by a small margin either.

http://www.iom-mrtc.org/business/pop...cnt=1&b_no=295

Give a breakdown of raw numbers as a percent of population. You’d likely find over 98% aren’t committing crimes.

A calculated terrorist attack by a groop is now considered fair game to say how immigrants are bad? That’s a stupid argument which was your initial argument. Like what is your angle are you against immigration from Muslim countries? Tell you what homegrown terrorist are quite a problem some of them have no ethnic ties to other countries how do you plan to deal with that?
    My claim is that Islamic immigration is not a not positive for host countries. The claim that homegrown terror matches Islamic terror is laughable on its face. Despite being a small percentage of Western populations, Islamists have punched way above their weight in the terror and rape departments.

To bring it back to the thread topic, I see no plausible argument that Islamic immigration would be a boon for Korea.

My claim is that Islamic immigration is not a not positive for host countries. The claim that homegrown terror matches Islamic terror is laughable on its face. Despite being a small percentage of Western populations, Islamists have punched way above their weight in the terror and rape departments.

To bring it back to the thread topic, I see no plausible argument that Islamic immigration would be a boon for Korea.
    Laughable? Homegrown terrorist attacks in America have outpaced the killings of islamic terrorist in america with the lone exception being 9/11 which wasn't due to immigration or refugees.

Don't we quite literally have a town in America that is mostly muslim with "shockingly" if we are to believe your claim isn't a no go bad zone of muslims. The issue isn't the religion the issue stems from the economic background of those areas. I don't see many people getting up in arms about muslims immigration from thailand or malaysia. Your argument falls flat on its face.

I believe I looked at the numbers for finland quite a while ago and the difference was about 1.3% more of the immigrants rape compared to the finnish. (as part of total population of the group)

Mysteriously in these countries rape suddenly becomes a huge deal, but only when it is rape by an immigrant. Homegrown rape is very rarely talked about on these forums.

Deleted
    Laughable? Homegrown terrorist attacks in America have outpaced the killings of islamic terrorist in america with the lone exception being 9/11 which wasn't due to immigration or refugees.
    They're using the numbers comparatively: Islamic terrorism is over-represented, when taking into account how Muslims are a tiny demographic.
    I think it's faulty reasoning: if we're to consider ideologically driven terrorism, we should consider the ideologically aligned demographics; and "homegrown" isn't one. Radical right, or left, are though: and their populations are tiny, much like that of Muslims.

But, even if I think the rationale is faulty, it shows quite clearly that outpacing in absolute numbers is not a good way to look at it.

Give a breakdown of raw numbers as a percent of population. You’d likely find over 98% aren’t committing crimes.
    What does it matter? The overrepresentation means an increase in those crime comes with them.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-21 at 04:22 PM.

Ignoring Islamist immigrants conducting an attack that dwarfs everything else put together seems pretty laughable.

Don't we quite literally have a town in America that is mostly muslim with "shockingly" if we are to believe your claim isn't a no go bad zone of muslims. The issue isn't the religion the issue stems from the economic background of those areas. I don't see many people getting up in arms about muslims immigration from thailand or malaysia. Your argument falls flat on its face.

I believe I looked at the numbers for finland quite a while ago and the difference was about 1.3% more of the immigrants rape compared to the finnish. (as part of total population of the group)

Mysteriously in these countries rape suddenly becomes a huge deal, but only when it is rape by an immigrant. Homegrown rape is very rarely talked about on these forums.
    Again, Rotherham seems instructive.

The gains for Korea relative to the costs don't seem like they'd be even remotely in the same ballpark. Diversity isn't a terminal value for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    They're using the numbers comparatively: Islamic terrorism is over-represented, when taking into account how Muslims are a tiny demographic.
    I think it's faulty reasoning: if we're to consider ideologically driven terrorism, we should consider the ideologically aligned demographics; and homegrown isn't one. Radical right, or left, are though: and their populations are tiny, much like that of Muslims.

But, even if I think the rationale is faulty, it shows quite clearly that outpacing in absolute numbers is not a good way to look at it.
    Between 2001 and 2013 the USA had exactly 0 islamic based terror attacks.

between 2013-2017 (none this year) there were seven.

1) stabbing at ohio state by a guy who friends said loved America, Somali immigrant, as a group in America they have some of the highest employment rates compared to Somali immigrants in other countries. His motives were the genocide of muslims in Myanmar and inspired by ISIL. His parents were radical so this isn't an issue due to his parents being immigrants. - No Deaths

2) Boston marathon bombing - Kyrgyzstan brothers their motives weren't tied to any known terrorist group, but just their own interpretation. 3 dead

3) Hachet attack in queens no deaths but the perp. Perp was American no ties to terrorist groups, converted and changed his name so not an attack due to immigration.

4) Curtil Culwell center, no deaths except the 2 perps. ISIL is suspected as well a Jewish-American who has before posed as an ISIS extremist to commit terror attacks. I guess he wants to false flag. the other three perps. one is american born and raised, converted, became radical. Immigration would not have fixed that. Other perp born and raised in america by a catholic mother and muslim father catholic mother converted because of farther, they divorced. Prep moved to pakistan moved back here after a few years. 3rd perp born and rasied american converted, became radical. 2/3 of the perps in this attack were homegrown terrorist who were born and rasied in america with one being born and raised here but spent some time in pakistan.

5) san Bernardino shooting - inspired by ISIL. the male perp was born and raised in america by an abusive father. The woman was born in pakistan and grew up in saudi arabia.

6) pulse club, inspired by ISIL or allegiance to ISIL

7) New York truck attack downtown - 29 year old Uzbekistani who was born in then USSR, inspired by ISIL.

One thing to note here is that this wave in attacks is happening due to influence from ISIL way they promote themselves and spread online, and another thing to note is most of the perps were homegrown people who got radicalized, often by online communications.

So the question is, what would immigration have fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring Islamist immigrants conducting an attack that dwarfs everything else put together seems pretty laughable.

Again, Rotherham seems instructive.

The gains for Korea relative to the costs don't seem like they'd be even remotely in the same ballpark. Diversity isn't a terminal value for everyone.
    This is a dumb argument yet again. You are assuming that by virtue of being from Yemen they will therefore be negative and cost Korea something.

- - - Updated - - -

What does it matter? The overrepresentation means an increase in those crime comes with them.
    When you use over representation to discount an entire group it matters.

If say 98.5% of koreans don't rape and 97.2% of immigrants don't rape you want to throw out the 97.2 immigrants that don't because of the 2.8% that do. Even though the difference between them is about 1.3% using percent of population.

This is a dumb argument yet again. You are assuming that by virtue of being from Yemen they will therefore be negative and cost Korea something..
    No, I'm making a probabilistic assessment based on the experience of other countries. It hasn't gone particularly well. The benefits are pretty questionable and the costs have been enormous. How much cheap labor does it take to outweigh the monetary and social costs of 9/11? It doesn't even seem possible. How much cultural enrichment does it take to outweigh Rotherham's rape gangs? There's not a number I'm willing to put on it. I'm with the Koreans that are disinclined towards being hosts.

No, I'm making a probabilistic assessment based on the experience of other countries. It hasn't gone particularly well. The benefits are pretty questionable and the costs have been enormous. How much cheap labor does it take to outweigh the monetary and social costs of 9/11? It doesn't even seem possible. How much cultural enrichment does it take to outweigh Rotherham's rape gangs? There's not a number I'm willing to put on it. I'm with the Koreans that are disinclined towards being hosts.
    9/11 wasn't due to refugees or immigration so why are you conflating things that do not go together? You can be a xenophobe if you want but admit that you are one and that you don't have a sound argument.

rotherham is one rape gang, there are plenty of them in existence I bet, because of immigrants being involved that particular one is now special while the rest just are what ignored? 9/11 wasn't due to immigrants moving here and becoming radical but a calculated attack that was planned for some time with our government failing to protect us being that they had the information to stop it but because of rampant compartmentalization information was restricted from one office to another.

Stop bringing up 9/11 because it just makes your argument all the more glaringly ignorant.

Also generally let's remember immigrants have lower crime rates that native populations and that has remained true for America, yet you are here spouting anti immigrant shit sitting in a country that suffers from virtually none of what you're bitching about.
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-07-21 at 05:10 PM.

When you use over representation to discount an entire group it matters.
    Whether immigration increase crime and decrease safety is what matters.

Whether immigration increase crime and decrease safety is what matters.
    So what if immigrants raped at a rate slightly lower than Koreans?

So what if immigrants raped at a rate slightly lower than Koreans?
    Then I wouldn't have a problem with them coming here if they were less inclined to commit crime than Koreans as long as they can pay for their own living expenses.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-21 at 05:14 PM.

Then I wouldn't have a problem with them coming here if they were less inclined to commit crime than Koreans as long as they can pay for their own living expenses.
    Well they're refugees how do you expect them to do that?

rotherham is one rape gang, there are plenty of them in existence I bet, because of immigrants being involved that particular one is now special while the rest just are what ignored? 9/11 wasn't due to immigrants moving here and becoming radical but a calculated attack that was planned for some time with our government failing to protect us being that they had the information to stop it but because of rampant compartmentalization information was restricted from one office to another.
    You're right, there are like a half a dozen Muslim rape gangs in the UK (see here). My bad for singling out the largest one - the Islamic enthusiasm for raping working class British girls really is a lot broader than a single town. On the bright side, at least they're not racist.
    9/11 wasn't due to refugees or immigration so why are you conflating things that do not go together? You can be a xenophobe if you want but admit that you are one and that you don't have a sound argument.

Stop bringing up 9/11 because it just makes your argument all the more glaringly ignorant.
    This is some pretty funny flailing. What, I'm supposed to not notice that 9/11 was done by Muslim immigrants because it's "ignorant"? You think that's compelling? If American authorities had been as "ignorant" as me, we'd still have Twin Towers and wouldn't have a TSA to troll us for billions of dollars per year.
    Also generally let's remember immigrants have lower crime rates that native populations and that has remained true for America, yet you are here spouting anti immigrant shit sitting in a country that suffers from virtually none of what you're bitching about.
    Immigrants have higher crime rates than American-born Asian populations. Being less criminal than poor, non-Asian Americans isn't really a selling point if I'm a Korean considering immigration policy. Chalk it up to socioeconomic conditions or whatever you like, I'm still not going to find that appealing if I'm a Korean considering my new potential neighbors. Hey, they're not as criminal impoverished inner city Americans!
    Last edited by Spectral; 2018-07-21 at 05:20 PM.

Well they're refugees how do you expect them to do that?
    If you're talking about the Yemeni, they were granted permits to work but they quit the jobs on their own volition, citing communication issues due to language, due to not being able to practice their religion as they want to, because it's not the pay or working environment they expected.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-21 at 05:22 PM.