Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BFA is amazing so far - whats your opinion ?

Hey there people.This is just my opinion,and id like to see some positivity in the comments cuz im tierd of hearing people bashing this game,while you still pay for it.

-The new community thing is awesome i joined multiple groups mostly for pvp and it feels live and its just more fun to have a chat with other people from other realms etc.

-Wpvp is indeed alive now.Since the prepatch released,there are multiple premade groups of 40 people invading Stormwind daily and vice versa,we literally fight on the roofs of the Stormwind,chase eachother all over the Elwynn Forest and this lasts for hours literally.You can just feel in the chat that people once again enjoy in Wpvp.I cant speak on your behalf,but BFA bring that old WoW vibe,just like when we first felt the game.

-Wpvp/Duels/Bgs are now way more balanced unlike in legion.Im now able to actually think of my next move - no more one shotting.I agree,some classes need nerfs/buffs but its not that bad.Blizzard said they will continue with class tuning and class fixing.

-Some people may be mad because of the recent class changes,but i have to tell you that most of us cant play our classes even if they're ''simplifed''as some of you say,they got used to popping ''one shot'' macro and nuking people not knowing what they've done and braging around.Sometimes im just standing in Durotar and watch peoples duels and i noticed that a few classes are in a good state like wars,shamies but recieved lots of hate i would say.Minority of them just wreck other classes and they clearly know what to do.In BETA i noticed that one guy literally spamming the chat for a few days saying fury warrs are bad,so i challenged him and won easily while the other war won against me,he clearly has no clue what to do.The point is,people make conclusions too early and often not knowing what they are saying.I main a SV hunter,and i enjoy A LOT.Lots of mobility,decent survability and damage,and its fun to play.They really did good job on SV hunts.

-Warmode,one of the best things they added into game if you ask me.Unfortunately most servers today are either 90% Horde of 90% Alliance,so phasing people into one and finally allowing us to wpvp is a good thing.There are some bugs atm i think ,when you enter SW,you get phased out from your group even if you go back to Elwynn Forest again...etc but it will get fixed im sure.Im on Draenor EU the largest Horde server,i havent seen Alliance in Orgrimmar for a while tbh,after the prepatch,it happenes almost daily.In BETA lots of wpvp is going on in Kul Tiras and Zandalar,i met lots of Horde fighting near Boralus and other Alliance high pop zones and we were not even in a premade group.

-New zones leave me speechless.My favorite looking zones in the entire WoW and i must give props to Blizzard for this really.Of course its a matter of taste but most people i talked to agreed with me.Is there anything to add about the music ? its just fantastic as always.I cant agree with anyone who dislikes WoW music and cinematics as well.

-Warcampaigns(if im not mistaken) and WQs in opponents islands are amazing,this just gives more beauty to the game.

-Stat Squish feels great,i wish they did it more.The new login screen is 10/10

Thats pretty much it,i must have forgotten something to add,but you can reply so we can discuss.Oh and by the way.BFA is my favorte expansion tbh,you may like it or not its true.
    Last edited by Popikaify; 2018-07-21 at 01:03 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything i hate about bfa is added on pre patch, i absolutely hate the game at the moment and not gonna bother playing it until a couple of days before launch to do pre patch scenarions and stuff.
    There's a lot of cool exciting stuff coming out for launch, but the pre patch is a fucking disaster, atleast for me.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

hmm let's see

1. my main class has been butchered fun and difficulty wise
    2. personal loot made raids infinitely more frustrating and unfair
    3. many specs feel sluggish and uncomfortable due to the GCD changes
    4. no gearswapping in m+ makes the gameplay more rigid
    5. but at least I scale with haste now so yay?

Deleted
    Too early to tell. Atm i'm very upset about the state PvP is in. So, the pre-patch kind of ruined a content type i enjoyed running. So, hmm not great atm cause it's pushing me to PvE only, but i'm sure it will be better when the actual expansion gets unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty terrible TBH, obviously we only have to put up with it for a month before we actually get content...

Off the top of my head

- Lost abilities i found fun
    - have to talent an ability i had by default
    - have to choose between 2 talents when i had both before.
    - i lost achievement points
    - i lost full screen and performance
    - Some abilities are now on a GCD
    - my professions are bugged out due to the change
    - I kill things slower than i used to
    - i lost 90% of my classes self healing leading to things killing me faster
    - mount i was grinding is bugged and doesn't drops.

+i believe there's some quests coming in a few weeks?...
    + i got a tiny amount of gold for selling artifact power
    +dx12 though offers loss of performance for no gain.
    + Epic BG is nice as i hate pvp
    + I get to cast buffs again... pinnacle of fun.

Other than that there's no difference and just feels like we are back to pre WOD class design in terms of abilities/ effects etc...like they are almost duplicated from MOP...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2018-07-21 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Other than that there's no difference and just feels like we are back to pre WOD class design in terms of abilities/ effects etc...like they are almost duplicated from MOP...
    Wait you mean MoP as in the expansion that everyone has suddenly embraced as the pinnacle of WoW's class design?

I'm honestly starting to think that no one here will ever happy about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post

Now you're learning

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you mean MoP as in the expansion that everyone has suddenly embraced as the pinnacle of WoW's class design?

I preferred legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Hey there people.This is just my opinion,and id like to see some positivity in the comments cuz im tierd of hearing people bashing this game,while you still pay for it.

-The new community thing is awesome i joined multiple groups mostly for pvp and it feels live and its just more fun to have a chat with other people from other realms etc.

-Wpvp is indeed alive now.Since the prepatch released,there are multiple premade groups of 40 people invading Stormwind daily and vice versa,we literally fight on the roofs of the Stormwind,chase eachother all over the Elwynn Forest and this lasts for hours literally.You can just feel in the chat that people once again enjoy in Wpvp.I cant speak on your behalf,but BFA bring that old WoW vibe,just like when we first felt the game.

-Wpvp/Duels/Bgs are now way more balanced unlike in legion.Im now able to actually think of my next move - no more one shotting.I agree,some classes need nerfs/buffs but its not that bad.Blizzard said they will continue with class tuning and class fixing.

-Some people may be mad because of the recent class changes,but i have to tell you that most of us cant play our classes even if they're ''simplifed''as some of you say,they got used to popping ''one shot'' macro and nuking people not knowing what they've done and braging around.Sometimes im just standing in Durotar and watch peoples duels and i noticed that a few classes are in a good state like wars,shamies but recieved lots of hate i would say.Minority of them just wreck other classes and they clearly know what to do.In BETA i noticed that one guy literally spamming the chat for a few days saying fury warrs are bad,so i challenged him and won easily while the other war won against me,he clearly has no clue what to do.The point is,people make conclusions too early and often not knowing what they are saying.I main a SV hunter,and i enjoy A LOT.Lots of mobility,decent survability and damage,and its fun to play.They really did good job on SV hunts.

-Warmode,one of the best things they added into game if you ask me.Unfortunately most servers today are either 90% Horde of 90% Alliance,so phasing people into one and finally allowing us to wpvp is a good thing.There are some bugs atm i think ,when you enter SW,you get phased out from your group even if you go back to Elwynn Forest again...etc but it will get fixed im sure.Im on Draenor EU the largest Horde server,i havent seen Alliance in Orgrimmar for a while tbh,after the prepatch,it happenes almost daily.In BETA lots of wpvp is going on in Kul Tiras and Zandalar,i met lots of Horde fighting near Boralus and other Alliance high pop zones and we were not even in a premade group.

-New zones leave me speechless.My favorite looking zones in the entire WoW and i must give props to Blizzard for this really.Of course its a matter of taste but most people i talked to agreed with me.Is there anything to add about the music ? its just fantastic as always.I cant agree with anyone who dislikes WoW music and cinematics as well.

-Warcampaigns(if im not mistaken) and WQs in opponents islands are amazing,this just gives more beauty to the game.

-Stat Squish feels great,i wish they did it more.The new login screen is 10/10

Thats pretty much it,i must have forgotten something to add,but you can reply so we can discuss.Oh and by the way.BFA is my favorte expansion tbh,you may like it or not its true.
    I suggest you head for reddit if you want a circlejerk. I mean, what's the point of talking about a subject if you purely want positive reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    *Snip!*

It's good to see some positive thinking for once. I didn't have time for the beta, but I'm happy that blizzard at least looked in the direction of my chosen class and spec. I look forward to seeing more of what is yet to come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i'm enjoying it just cause I can play fury without the beta lag. I'm mainly just transmog/mount farming for the time being.

5+ Year Old Account
    85% of OP's points are about war mode and WPVP. And communities (which is odd considering it's disabled)

Glad you enjoy those, OP.
    Kupo.

Sadly I do not agree.. I enjoyed my time playing legion but I'm going to take a break from wow during BfA.

Too many unnecessary changes. Tired of them removing skills from my characters and making them feel weaker. SLOW ass leveling now. and no full screen.

Maybe I'll play again one day but after playing the pre-patch for a little while I do not like it one bit. Broken game.

Deleted
    I'm confused. The title says what's your opinion, but in the second sentence you say you want some positivity. So which one is it?

Personally i like the new zones a lot...

And nothing else. Specs all play the same. Fun pruned away. Overall story is faction war with as much moral greyness as Lord of the Rings.

I'm sorry to say this but this is pretty much the blandest WoW ever was.

Oh i forgot that the Azerite system has nothing interesting to offer.

I'm looking forward to BfA. I'm not a blind Blizzard optimist. The only thing I dislike about BfA is the class design for a number of classes, but other than that I believe they're doing a good job. I didn't expect a bug-free pre-patch and I honestly wasn't bothered by all that happened in this one either. I personally feel like it was overblown.

The thing they need to stop doing is changing things that are working well, only to spend an entire patch or two correcting these unnecessary changes that they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    85% of OP's points are about war mode and WPVP. And communities (which is odd considering it's disabled)

Glad you enjoy those, OP.
    Communities were enabled a day or two ago.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Now you're learning
    WoW forums were analyzed with pretty depth on this documentary:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm looking forward to BfA. I'm not a blind Blizzard optimist. The only thing I dislike about BfA is the class design for a number of classes, but other than that I believe they're doing a good job. I didn't expect a bug-free pre-patch and I honestly wasn't bothered by all that happened in this one either. I personally feel like it was overblown.

The thing they need to stop doing is changing things that are working well, only to spend an entire patch or two correcting these unnecessary changes that they made.
    Of course it was overblown. There used to be times when the game was unplayable for days after a major patch.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    I am usually get accused of White Knighting for Blizzard, this time though no... I find many of the changes pretty much change for changes sake.. there had to be a more elegant way redesign some classes, the stat squish to me is a solution looking for a problem and the communities feature is a clunky mess.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account

It literally always had the best class design, you just had the vocal minority of people going "PANDAS REEEEEEEEE".

Also, ontopic, it's hard to say anything about BfA because it hasn't even launched yet.