I'm only getting a 11% difference between using 1 and 2 UA with Deathbolt

So my toon is only 198iL with,

Mastery = 84%
    Haste = 11%
    Vers = 7%

So I was testing out Deathbolt only using UA, Agony (15 stacks) and Corruption to see what type of numbers I could get and I noticed there was only a 11% damage difference between having 1 UA and 2. It got even worse with 3UA's.

For me (with my shitty toon so the numbers will be low) I was getting,

1UA = 2.4k
    2UA = 2.7k
    3UA = 2.8k

So I'm thinking would it not be better to maximize UA up time (basically never letting it drop off) and whenever Deathbolt gets off CD you refresh DOTs cast 1UA then Deathbolt

As opposed refreshing DOTs, dumping a few UA's then Deathbolt and risk running out of shards to keep UP on target

Talents: 31----2

Very little difference when using the Creeping Death talent
    Last edited by Orpheus66; 2018-07-20 at 08:20 PM.

Deathbolt usage really doesn't matter much at all. Just press it on cd, cast at least 1 ua before it. Other dots don't matter. The number of UAs you cast before it won't drastically impact your dps, so going for really high burst by loading uas into a db on a target won't gimp your total dps much.

The TLDR on why DB optimization doesn't matter is that spending GCDs to refresh dots before every DB wastes time you could have spent on shadow bolt, and the damage you gain from bigger DBs is lost from having less SBs. Overall, however you use DB it really doesn't matter much.

courtesy of gahddo of the warlock discord

It matters, if you stack 5 ua then pop darkglare to extend all durations of all dots and then use deathbolt it will be a very big difference, taking dark soul misery or whatever its called now will also increase the remaining damage on dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascatuan View Post
    It matters, if you stack 5 ua then pop darkglare to extend all durations of all dots and then use deathbolt it will be a very big difference, taking dark soul misery or whatever its called now will also increase the remaining damage on dots.
    Yea, it's mostly about the dark glare optimization for DB. Whether or not it's worth the talet for long fights vs SB will probably depend on stats later.