Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'd rather they had achievements that weren't achievable yet than achievements that are retroactively completed the instant they're added.
    To be fair I'd wager that the vast vast vast vast majority of players see even 350 mounts as something to work towards either through time, with gold or both. It'd be like someone from Method talking about the lack of content after they just went ham for a week or two solid whereas most players will have that content drip fed to them over months.

You have to pat yourself on the back knowing you're likely a part of a very, very small group. That's kind of a reward in itself, isn't it?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-07-20 at 08:47 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Recolors are fine.

Feltalon should have been 350 reward. Infernal recolor is worth a lot more since its a mythic mount recolor so it should have been 400.

Fel stormdrake linked earlier would have been good too.

The Feltalon is very, very underwhelming. There's plenty of recent models that could be used, that way it would feel like a fresh reward, but no, they had to go with the TBC model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You can get this mount though, the red version. It's from the Stormheim repeatable loot box after exalted
    I know :P But this colour is so much better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
    All of the mount rewards have been recolors, I personally don't think it needs changing.
    The original red/blue Dragonhawk mounts say hi.

Dunno if the TCG Amani Warhawk came out before or after it, but I wouldn't count TCG. Even those can be recolors/skins (Spectral Tiger for example).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I know :P But this colour is so much better imo.
    I actually really liked the red

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The original red/blue Dragonhawk mounts say hi.

Dunno if the TCG Amani Warhawk came out before or after it, but I wouldn't count TCG. Even those can be recolors/skins (Spectral Tiger for example).
    The Dragonhawk was a recolor too. The TCG version of it was released in Cataclysm, the achievement mount was only released in Mists of Pandaria, two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
    The Dragonhawk was a recolor too. The TCG version of it was released in Cataclysm, the achievement mount was only released in Mists of Pandaria, two years later.
    What??? I remember alot of people getting their dragonhawks when ToC hit. (100 mounts)
    You're thinking of the armored dragonhawks for 200 mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    What??? I remember alot of people getting their dragonhawks when ToC hit. (100 mounts)
    You're thinking of the armored dragonhawks for 200 mounts
    Hmm yeah maybe. Although that mount is still technically a recolor from one of the mobs in the Blood Elf zone.

While I don't mind recolors for achievements, I still think it would be nice if they would put some effort in giving unique mounts. Those seem rather rare these days. Nearly everything is a skeleton that was already in the game somewhere.

The only time they seem to take the effort to bring truly unique models/skeletons is for store mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    To be fair I'd wager that the vast vast vast vast majority of players see even 350 mounts as something to work towards either through time, with gold or both. It'd be like someone from Method talking about the lack of content after they just went ham for a week or two solid whereas most players will have that content drip fed to them over months.

You have to pat yourself on the back knowing you're likely a part of a very, very small group. That's kind of a reward in itself, isn't it?
    I really don't think that's a fair comparison - adding more content for Method seems like a lot more work than typing up another achievment and slapping in a reskin that they already have made and will still be relevant content for other players in future patches. if there was a 500 mount achievment in there "for me" now, then other players with less of a collection would still be able to look forward to getting it in expansions to come. Any content added for method would risk being obsolete before people reach it and certainly require more work.

They're going to make another mount achievment next expansion, I just don't see why they don't get them in sooner so that mount collection achievements are actually relevant to mount collectors. We see so many datamined mount skins that never make it into players hands that they're not exactly short on material for it.

It doesn't feel very rewarding logging in and finding out that I've had TWO mount achievements added into my inventory and even scrolled off my achievement page by other stuff in the pre-patch so I have to go hunting to see what I've got, it feels good when you're grinding out your 100th or 250th mount, finally earn it and an achievement pops up saying you've hit a milestone that earned you something else too.
    I know it isn't, but it FEELS like the difference between earning something and being handed something, even if it's really just retroactively earning it.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2018-07-21 at 05:46 PM.