Feral Druid
    Assassination Rogue
    Retribution Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Unholy Death Knight
    Subtlety Rogue

All of those specs feel fine to me. Some feel even better than they did in Legion. (Fury, woohoo!)

I'm having a hard time figuring out how 90 percent of the specs are supposedly awful if I know for a fact a third of them are fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    most of the classes are tuned around 120,

it is the same for EVERY expansion.
    they are worse at 120 you clown

I don't share that sentiment. I like most of my toons atm. I don't really understand why people say they are boring either, as most active skills that were "pruned" are still there as talents. For example affliction you can make far more complicated now with talents than it was in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I play a:

Fury Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Affliction Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Assassination Rogue
    Retribution Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Unholy Death Knight
    Subtlety Rogue

All of those specs feel fine to me. Some feel even better than they did in Legion. (Fury, woohoo!)

I'm having a hard time figuring out how 90 percent of the specs are supposedly awful if I know for a fact a third of them are fine.
    Uhhh what? Shadow is terrible right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    And what classes have you played? Because pretty much all of the specs baseline are not like BM.
    Since patch I've played warrior/hunter/lock/paladin extensively. Dabbled in most of the others.

I enjoy BM, particularly that some of the damage was put back into the hunter (Barbed Shot) and I like that we can use 2 of our actual pets. Having went out to kill some rares, Argus elites, etc I still feel like my hunter can do everything she could do pre-squish just fine. My problem with Surv is that instead of feeling like its own thing as it did in Legion (flaws and all) it now feels like some kind of odd 'hey lets see what BM would be like as a melee spec'. After an entire expansion dedicated to making the specs unique and different, it just feels lame to me.

Warrior is fun, I love the new TC/Avatar talent for prot and Fury is just flat-out awesome. Arms seems slow and clunky from my (limited) testing, but eh, I prefer Fury anyway.

For locks I love the new spell effects and the Demo re-design is great fun. I especially love the Argus demons we get to use.

Paladin tank still feels good and I'm having a ton of quest questing as ret. Neither spec feels like it was changed significantly. Haven't tried holy.

- - - Updated - - -

I play a:

Fury Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Affliction Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Assassination Rogue
    Retribution Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Unholy Death Knight
    Subtlety Rogue

Fury is hella fun. I totally agree.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-21 at 05:45 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a handful of classes feel fine and will be enhanced by some of the Azerite traits, but I'm not happy with how they feel with some of the abilities now being on a GCD, especially utility based abilities.

One thing to consider too though, is that this pre-patch is buggy as shit. It feels like one of the buggiest pre-patches that I've participated in, in a long time. Playing in buggy environments like this with poorly tuned things just makes everything unfun to play for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The only specs I play that definitely feel worse are Shadow Priest, Havoc and Frost DK (mostly the former, the later two is due to overly slow resource generation).

Destro feels better, Demo feels miles better, as do Feral, Assassination, Arms and Fury (Fury is my dream spec and I love it to bits).

Specs that feel about equivalent to Legion's are resto Shammy, Prot Wars, Unholy and Blood DK, Vengeance DH and Balance. Do note that apart from Vengeance I liked all of these a lot in Legion.

So I'd say that maybe 20% of specs don't feel great at most. Everything else is either good or amazing. The one thing I do agree with is that the GCD change is awful for everyone,
    and especially so for some specs (looking at ya Prot Warrior).

Everything is balanced around 120 lev and azerite gear / traits. Great, understandable. Doesnt change the fact that that last month of Legion feels just awful to play. Add into that the numbers squish which, personally, left me completely confused and lost as to at what power I am right now, and the game feels completely unenjoyable to play right now, with no point in doing anything really.

I remember previous pre-expansion patches to be fun in a way that you tried and tested new mechanics or playstyles. Now? Literally nothing new, so much taken from us with artifact going stat sticks, and some talent trees being updated with same old from artifacts.

This is the first prepatch that I'm regretting that I substribed. I can already imagine the Teldrassil questline to be gated week by week and not much to do there anyway, ala 7.1 or (dreadful) 7.2.

Why kill Legion when BfA isnt born yet, blizz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Everything is balanced around 120 lev and azerite gear / traits. Great, understandable. Doesnt change the fact that that last month of Legion feels just awful to play. Add into that the numbers squish which, personally, left me completely confused and lost as to at what power I am right now, and the game feels completely unenjoyable to play right now, with no point in doing anything really.

I remember previous pre-expansion patches to be fun in a way that you tried and tested new mechanics or playstyles. Now? Literally nothing new, so much taken from us with artifact going stat sticks, and some talent trees being updated with same old from artifacts.

This is the first prepatch that I'm regretting that I substribed. I can already imagine the Teldrassil questline to be gated week by week and not much to do there anyway, ala 7.1 or (dreadful) 7.2.

Your enjoying something less =/= killing it. I'm having a blast messing around with some of the changes and I love the squish, I said back in WoD that they should have squished us down to Wrath levels.. finally got my wish on that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's this thing where something that feels terrible to one person feels just fine to another.

Almost like people aren't a hivemind of likes and dislikes.

Weird.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's this thing where something that feels terrible to one person feels just fine to another.

Almost like people aren't a hivemind of likes and dislikes.

Weird.
    Your avatar is great. And yes, you're 100% correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The only specs I play that definitely feel worse are Shadow Priest, Havoc and Frost DK (mostly the former, the later two is due to overly slow resource generation).

Destro feels better, Demo feels miles better, as do Feral, Assassination, Arms and Fury (Fury is my dream spec and I love it to bits).

Specs that feel about equivalent to Legion's are resto Shammy, Prot Wars, Unholy and Blood DK, Vengeance DH and Balance. Do note that apart from Vengeance I liked all of these a lot in Legion.

So I'd say that maybe 20% of specs don't feel great at most. Everything else is either good or amazing. The one thing I do agree with is that the GCD change is awful for everyone,
    and especially so for some specs (looking at ya Prot Warrior).
    Fury is the ****ing bomb right now. I'm loving it SO much.

I play a:

Fury Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Affliction Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Assassination Rogue
    Retribution Paladin
    Enhancement Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Unholy Death Knight
    Subtlety Rogue

You've played all of those long enough to feel changes in four days since patch released? Impressive speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Your enjoying something less =/= killing it. I'm having a blast messing around with some of the changes and I love the squish, I said back in WoD that they should have squished us down to Wrath levels.. finally got my wish on that.
    Please, tell me what is there to do from Legion content. No gold missions so no point messing with order hall table. Everyone got free 1k essence so no point farming legos. No point farming gear to since +5 int and +7 crit is miniscule anyway.

Yes, the artifact changes were necessary WHEN BfA starts. Not a month before. They should have just implemented stat squish now and let people get used to it, and disable artifacts like a week before BfA starts. It's just too much changed at the same time, all making you much weaker.

It's a serious issue that I don't know how Blizzard didn't see coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You've played all of those long enough to feel changes in four days since patch released? Impressive speed.
    He probably used them as gold mission farmers and left order hall once in a month to get some resources. "I play" lol.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one because there always has to be a worst spec, and you might be it for this patch.

And for two, these specs are designed around level 120 and full Azerite gear. None of which we have right now. Heck we don't even have an artifact anymore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

Technically, X.0 patch always brings the new expansions balance.

But I agree with you. In beta you forget about the squish very quickly because you're doing new content. Right now everyone is in a strange limbo and I can understand how it doesn't feel exciting at all. Not sure this was the wisest decision by Blizzard.

OT : I can't really agree with the original OP. There are certainly problem specs (Shadow Priest, Havoc DH, every Shaman spec) but its far from 90% of them.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-07-21 at 06:08 PM.

I've done LFR on all of my healers: MW, H.Pally and R.Druid - I gotta say, healers don't feel much worse. I do miss moving as MW and R.Druid, but all in all I like the new MW more than the old version.

As far as DPS goes...well, I think A LOT of specs can use some work. The worst being Shadow Priest, by far. Marksman Hunter feels MUCH better to me, though. I absolutely love the new Marksman. I got my Fury Warrior to 101 and I'm loving it. Mage specs don't feel bad, either. Outlaw rogue feels fine.

The ones that feel bad are the sluggish ones or the ones who feel like they lost purpose. Shadow priest is chief among them. I don't like Arms Warrior, but I've heard other people do, so meh. I don't like Feral, but I didn't like it in legion very much either so there's that. Affliction feels like it's hitting like a wet noodle. DK specs just feel sluggish, now - especially frost.

PVP-wise, pretty much everything feels awful. WW lost its burst, affliction lost most of its umph, Most casters have no real way to escape mongoloid melee leaping on their face, Warrior is the most mobile class in the game right now(Why? Double charge double leap 6 seconds of sprint on a 30 sec cd...just why), not to mention the MASSIVE gear disparity.

My fingers are crossed but I'm not hopeful for the start of this xpac.

Protection Warrior since 2004 and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    A lot of it feels like change for change's sake. Doesn't seem to be a clear plan, purpose, or ideology behind many of the changes.
    From what I understand, the driving ideology was to nail down a simple, playable core which they can make iterations on for the course of an expansion, then revert and try a new direction, while keeping the basics the same. It seems to be an attempt to stop changing the core of classes into something entirely different every two expansions. It comes from the idea that Ion has mentioned in a couple of Q and As now that they can't keep adding new things forever without everyone ending up homogenised. The issue is of course that they did go down that route until MoP, when many classes had many of their weaknesses patched up over time, so now not being able to do everything feels bad, because we had it before.