Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Honor Levels ... is that grind for real?

So I was looking trough the honor required to level up ... so 8800 for an Honor Level. With 500 Honor levels that means 4.4 million Honor required.
    Assuming that an average random bg awards 500 honor (which is actually less) for winning, that means over 8000 battlegrounds.
    Which in turn, assuming 20 minutes per bg, you end up with pvp-ing for over 120 days, by playing 24/7.
    What the actual fuck?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably a base level and, eventually, you will get extra sources of honor. In BFA there is a lot of pvp action and honor rewards will probably rain.

The Honor Level is not something you are supposed to complete quickly. Its a long linear progression with cosmetic rewards. Just something you slowly move up on. There is no real gain to "finish" it.

Im sure that the honor lvls are "Scaled" towards BfA ! which means that legion's honor sources arent enough to fill up the bars,wait till the expansion and im sure we will get enough to complete it,not easily but duable after a few months of bfa!

Im sure that the honor lvls are "Scaled" towards BfA ! which means that legion's honor sources arent enough to fill up the bars,wait till the expansion and im sure we will get enough to complete it,not easily but duable after a few months of bfa!

makes sense actually,i hope this is the case cos atm it seems like a long hard grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    ^This. It may also be intended to take multiple expansions, like the bloodthirsty title.

Deleted
    Dont play mmo games if you dont like grind. Not like grind is core aspect of mmos anyway.

yeah it's fun ... I'm level 201 atm and my next reward is at level 400
    (up to 300 is old prestige rewards and I was prestige 25 before patch)

~~ actually the tactician title will become account wide that's my reward for level 300 rofl

141 levels until I get back to where I was. Same Honour rate as during Legion (One every three to four weeks) means one rank every week in BfA, so the better part of three years before I can start unlocking new shit.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Having to regrind for rewards I already earned feels bad all around. I actually enjoyed the honor grind in Legion and feel like I'm a big part of the target audience for this feature but the fact that I have to gain literally hundreds of honor levels to see a new prize is a major, major turn-off.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Clearly they saw us wanting to be able to do the grind on any character, and decided that meant we should have to do it on EVERY character.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Having to regrind for rewards I already earned feels bad all around. I actually enjoyed the honor grind in Legion and feel like I'm a big part of the target audience for this feature but the fact that I have to gain literally hundreds of honor levels to see a new prize is a major, major turn-off.
    I agree with this. I was rather annoyed that I went from max prestige badge down to like rank 13 or 14. I figured p25 would be worth more... but I’m like honor level 139 now. So since I got grandfathered in on the title and midnight horse, I literally have nothing to look forward to until level 500 >.<

Oh well, pixels n stuff.

Honor 663 here.
    The grind is already over for me before it even started

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How the hell??????

But yeah, I was wondering the same as OP. But in the old system it was like 43 000 honor to advance 1 rank (since each rank hat 50 levels and you needed between 800 - 1000 for each of them).

In the area where I am now..between 100-250, it is 25 levels for a new reward (assuming it stays at 8800 honor needed per rank) that is over 200 000 honor for the next reward...hmmmm A hefty bloody bump up from 43000. At least you can now progress account wide, but they killed the insta complete Order Hall quests...damn!

In the old system, every rank gave a reward...so I made it to rank 11 on one toon (500 000 honor) and rank 2 on 11 others to unlock the pvp skin ( 1 million honor) - that is 1.5 million honor....gained in something like 9 months of just pvp world quests.

So....I might, just might go to rank 250 (currently 135...would be approx 1 million honor needed) and ...yeah...there definitely will be new sources of honor (warfronts? Island expeditions?)
    26 x 44000 to get Tactician (25/49) in the old system: 1,144,000.
    300 x 8800 to get there (300) in the new system: 2,640,000.

I basically need to earn the same amount of Honour in BfA that I earned during all of Legion, just to get back to where I was in terms of rewards.
    Then there's another 200 levels (1,760,000) on top of that for the new launch rewards.

They're taking the fucking piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    just wish i would get awards till honor level 300, already got em all with prestige
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, really. Add a reward every 25 levels ffs...this is pretty shite so far

It really seems that way, unless the equivalent of Legion world towers gets us 600 honor in BfA and the equivalentof Bareback Brawl / Murloc freedom 1000. And there better be an auto complete trait in whatever version of Garrison / Order Hall BfA has to offer.
    I was doing all the Honour world quests I could, all the way through Legion; even after they sometimes got hidden behind Assaults, I was getting enough to get a full Prestige every three or four weeks.

I get the same amount of Honour from the world quests now, but they've pushed away the rewards I already have by about three years, based on my Honour rate. That's just to get from 150-odd to 300; this concept of "well they can have fifty characters, so let's make everything fifty times as grindy and tedious" is bullshit.

Doubling the Honour gain just makes it take a year and a half to get back to where I was instead. Even being able to realistically get a full Honour level every single day still means half a year of no progress.

It's something that you are supposed to gain passively while doing various kinds of PVP. If you want to make it a grind, it will become one, but it's not intended to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's something that you are supposed to gain passively while doing various kinds of PVP. If you want to make it a grind, it will become one, but it's not intended to be.
    The problem with statements like that is that if you don't make it a grind, you'd never finish it.

I cannot believe they actually went through with it. Really really cannot. And with an even worse conversion than what was initially seen. (5500 vs 8800 honor per level)
    Having prestige 25, honor 50 and getting all rewards nets you 139 honor levels, so you actually need to grind 161 more honor levels to break even and get literally nothing at all the entire time. We're talking longer than your entire legion honor gain took.

They have to increase bfa honor gains by 3-4x for these levels to make any sense.

And it is still a wonderful spit in the face to all pvp'ers/wq completers of legion.

Why are people in here saying there is no reward for doing the grind? You get a bad ass mount at honor 500.