Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Ever notice the guys who want to use that word so bad won't actually use it real life where they could get a bloody lip saying it? They just want to be able to spam it at people online.
    people dont like getting beaten up for saying a word.

more news at 11.

also, I would never call a black person a nigger, because I know its a sensitive issue for them.

however making a joke and a play on words without targeting anyone is completely fine, since that's all it is, a joke.

I feel like people today need to be educated on what the word "context" means

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That's not what's got us concerned. It was that Blizzard changed it to something random (with random numbers and such) and then charged the GM to change it to something else.

That tells me it's not the first time this has happened with the guild name. Blizzard only does that if it's multiple strikes as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Pretty much the world we live in where no matter what you do, if you're white, you're racist.

TBH I'd find "Slave Pens" to be a lot more potentially abusive than "Naga Slave Pens", at least if I gave a single shit whether it was a racist joke or not because I'm not overly sensitive to dumb shit like this.

People seriously need to relax. There's a reason "nigger" is so powerful because people let it be powerful. It's a fucking word, god damn.

Because we're talking about words which only hold meaning if you give them meaning. People could start taking offense to "blarglsnarf" tomorrow if they wanted. Joking or not, this is just petty to be sensitive about when it's not even the word. It's a word used to describe a species in the video game they're playing that some people decided to replace "nigger" with.
    I really don’t understand your point. Naga Slave Pens is an obvious reference to black slavery. There’s literally zero other way to interpret it unless you’re a naive child. If you can’t understand why clear references to black slavery are offensive then I guess you must be some kind of childish edgelord.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Your GM knew damn well what he was doing with that name.
    If you say so. To be honest, I never "got" the "naga = nigga" thing until reading the responses in this thread. I just assumed it was a reference to the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Linthirri Ravensong View Post
    That tells me it's not the first time this has happened with the guild name. Blizzard only does that if it's multiple strikes as far as I know.
    I bet each time was just an "innocent misunderstanding".

- - - Updated - - -

If you say so. To be honest, I never "got" the "naga = nigga" thing until reading the responses in this thread. I just assumed it was a reference to the dungeon.
    Considering your beliefs on the shape of the planet, I don't doubt some things might go over your head. But your GM knew, I assure you.

Deleted
    Back in vanilla there used to be a lot of that. I remember having one of my alts in a guild called "Wigga stole my Nike". At some point in Burning Crusade we had to change to "Naga stole my bike" which was much deemed okay by the administrators.

Times have changed since then and people are very easily triggered and offended apparently. I imagine you could even get banned for something like that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I really don’t understand your point. Naga Slave Pens is an obvious reference to black slavery. There’s literally zero other way to interpret it unless you’re a naive child. If you can’t understand why clear references to black slavery are offensive then I guess you must be some kind of childish edgelord.
    Okay so why don't you just report Blizzard to the National Racist Conglomeration for using the words "Naga" as a species and "Slave Pens" for a dungeon? I mean, clearly Blizzard is also being racist because "Naga" is instantly seen as "nigger". Therefore, all the "Nagas" you kill are actually black people, right? That's the exact same logic that you're using.

What if the guild simply really liked the Slave Pens dungeon? Naming it "Slave Pens" sounds a lot more like slavery than the "Naga Slave Pens" which is instantly recognized as the WoW dungeon.

Good for you OP, you don't always assume every word even remotely close to a racist one is instantly seen as racist. Seriously, some people in here have such thin skin, it's unbelievable.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So you're calling the entire world around you in 2018 retarded? Ok bro, good luck with that.
    Entire world? I'd wager less than 1% actual real world people would take offense at something like "Naga Slave Pens", even if they didn't know Naga is an actual in-game race where this name was used.

A lot of SJWs and PC police on these forums it seems.

Well to be fair if you can't name a guild that..it would make sense to say you can't name a dungeon that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was nobody butthurt about this product of Razer? It is still on the market for years :-D

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-trinity

and then we have this here too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga

What if the guild simply really liked the Slave Pens dungeon?
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was

The guild of one of my toons was called "Naga Slave Pens" for years up until today. Apparently, someone complained to Blizzard and so Blizzard changed the name to something random and then charged the Guild Master to change it. The guild was named after an area in Outland called "The Slave Pens" that features a lot of, you guessed it, Naga.

I'm still scratching my head.
    Scratching your head? You can't possibly be that stupid. The GM obv didn't name it that as an homage to the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Well to be fair if you can't name a guild that..it would make sense to say you can't name a dungeon that either.

To also be fair, the dungeon isn't called Naga Slave Pens. They are called The Slave Pens.

I think what got them was the Naga part being used as slang for another word now days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    People are retarded for taking taking offense by it. Which kinda validates the point in the first place, doesn't it.
    I hope this policy applies when people diss you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Entire world? I'd wager less than 1% actual real world people would take offense at something like "Naga Slave Pens", even if they didn't know Naga is an actual in-game race where this name was used.
    No, the entire world would know it meant nigger slave pens if you were to go outside and ask any and every person in the street "what do you think 'naga slave pens' means?".
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Linthirri Ravensong View Post
    To also be fair, the dungeon isn't called Naga Slave Pens. They are called The Slave Pens.

I think what got them was the Naga part being used as slang for another word now days.
    True. Kind of forgot it's just called slave pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So you're calling the entire world around you in 2018 retarded? Ok bro, good luck with that.
    I bet you feel real brave right now.

The guild of one of my toons was called "Naga Slave Pens" for years up until today. Apparently, someone complained to Blizzard and so Blizzard changed the name to something random and then charged the Guild Master to change it. The guild was named after an area in Outland called "The Slave Pens" that features a lot of, you guessed it, Naga.

I'm still scratching my head.
    Oh for fucks sake. Please don't even start. Everyone knows exactly what is being said when someone types something like 'Naga Stole My Bike', or makes it their guild name. Everyone knows exactly what is being said when someone types 'Naga, Please'.

You know exactly what that guild meant and why it was changed. Stop pretending to be retarded - if you do it for long enough people will stop even trying to discern whether you're pretending or not and just assume you're straight up retarded.

Okay so why don't you just report Blizzard to the National Racist Conglomeration for using the words "Naga" as a species and "Slave Pens" for a dungeon? I mean, clearly Blizzard is also being racist because "Naga" is instantly seen as "nigger". Therefore, all the "Nagas" you kill are actually black people, right? That's the exact same logic that you're using.

What if the guild simply really liked the Slave Pens dungeon? Naming it "Slave Pens" sounds a lot more like slavery than the "Naga Slave Pens" which is instantly recognized as the WoW dungeon.

Good for you OP, you don't always assume every word even remotely close to a racist one is instantly seen as racist. Seriously, some people in here have such thin skin, it's unbelievable.
    That’s not how that works... at all.

I really don’t understand why these forums have so many people who are so obsessed with people being “triggered” and getting butthurt over people asking them not to say offensive shit. Is it really that hard to not be a dick to other people? Does it really affect you that much to be barred from making obvious references to the horrific treatment of an entire race of human beings?
    Beta Club Brosquad