Will getting more RAM stop my frame drops

so I have intel i5 3337u processor and AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB GPU with 4GB of RAM. When I play games the fps are sometimes pretty good but they have frame drops.
    So my question is if I add more RAM to my Laptop will it at least stop the frame drops?
    And will 2x4 GB be better or 1x4+1x8 GB (12GB)?
    thank you.

Deleted
    Don't know where to start really, please could you confirm OS, which games, resolution and general settings are used when hitching is seen.

Hitching is generally an indication that the GPU frame buffer is exceeded and with 4gb of RAM you are probably in swap-file territory when this is occurring, worsening the issue. With 4GB It could be down to insufficient system memory also, what does usage max at when gaming?

Honestly dude, if playing PC games is your thing that laptop is probably not great to do it on, but if there is no other way I would look to add just another 4gb stick (spending more money on it would be a waste imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, stop playing games on a laptop. It's not going to work ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1 View Post
    so I have intel i5 3337u processor and AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB GPU with 4GB of RAM. When I play games the fps are sometimes pretty good but they have frame drops.
    So my question is if I add more RAM to my Laptop will it at least stop the frame drops?
    thank you.
    Assuming your laptop can even add more RAM-most cannot-and that you can find the right RAM for your laptop, it will help to reduce paging. There's no guarantee that it will actually solve your problem. Honestly, your laptop is pretty old, and you'd be better off just getting a new one.

4G ram is superbad, even 8 is lownowdays. and yes if you get ram you should add it in pairs for doublespeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    ^ This. A laptop will never be the choice for gaming. Even if it could product the power of a desktop, it would be a heat equivalent to a fusion reactor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, some people need to travel frequently for work or school and can't lug around a desktop.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just nonsense. You have plenty nice laptops that can fire up games just find AND don't weight a ton. Laptop with 1060 and decent CPU is more than fine for gaming, it won't be mega ultra 4k whatever bullshit, but it will easily run games FHD with good settings AND will actually be good for other things you do on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1 View Post
    thank you.
    Adding more RAM may help. I assume you're running Win7, which can have performance issues with less than 6GB RAM. Your CPU can handle up to 32GB, but there may be limitations elsewhere (motherboard, 32bit OS, etc).

However I wouldn't recommend spending any sort of money on that machine. Instead, consider saving a bit for a mid/low-mid range laptop. Personally, I find MSI laptops to be the sweet spot as far as performance per dollar. Any GTX 1050/Intel i5/7 machine would serve your purpose beautifully, and for under $1000. (For example - https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RE.../dp/B074VLX5XV)

If a new machine isn't in the cards right now, you can upgrade your current machine- I'd add a bit of RAM and a SSD. That CPU makes use of DDR3-1600. 2x 4GB DDR3-1600 SODIMM + a SSD should give you a workable experience until you can afford an upgrade. Currently a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD is $100 on Amazon, and I saw a couple 4GB sticks for ~$28 shipped via Prime. All in you're looking about $150 for a pretty substantial upgrade, especially running off an SSD.

Laptops are unwise for gaming because they often suffer from poor ventilation. A lot of people achieve a large drop in temperatures by using an external suction fan system like in the link below:

CoolCold Ice Magic 3

https://www.amazon.com/CoolCold-Suct.../dp/B074N753R3
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    ^ This. A laptop will never be the cost efficient choice for gaming. Even if it could product the power of a desktop, it would be a heat equivalent to a fusion reactor.
    A more accurate statement.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I mean if you have no choice a little more ram would likely help but not by a lot. That system is just starting to show its age with the video card and ram.

I have a small gaming laptop I travel with and it is just how it works with these things. Their time comes a little faster than a normal PC and when their time comes its usually comes hard.

gaming laptops are a scam. unless you travel often, just build a proper desktop and you will almost never have issues with wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Laptops are unwise for gaming because they often suffer from poor ventilation. A lot of people achieve a large drop in temperatures by using an external suction fan system like in the link below:

CoolCold Ice Magic 3

https://www.amazon.com/CoolCold-Suct.../dp/B074N753R3
    Does this thing really work? The low price tag makes me wonder,.