Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Unless its 2d, fraid i cant help with girls.
    2d?

/10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnersbane View Post
    2d?

/10 chars
    Anime/game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    He was making those tweets when he was 41-45 not 14, it was between 2008 and 2012, he is 51 now.
    I wasn't clear enough. That was in response to the person I quoted, from there I also mentioned that when someone has obviously changed (see Gunn's more recent Twitter habits and directorial choices versus his earlier forays in both), I'm not sure that a lynch mob is necessary, unlike if someone were to show a consistent habit of such behavior, like certain politicians.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    This is insane! But animal killer Chris Pratt is still not fired? what a joke!
    The simple fact that a child molestor like woody allen is still treated like a deity by prominent members of the #metoo movement should tell you more the enough.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Almost as bad as implying that a joke about pedophilia is pedophilia.
    There are jokes, then there are pretty disturbing and sick things which he said.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they are offensive.

Hollywood really needs to clean this stuff up or least bury it out of sight like in the good old days.

I think what Disney ultimately did is fine although late. I believe they knew about it and I seem to remember Gunn apologizing for it at some point in the past. Nonetheless, I'm sure the attitude at Disney was if nothing more came of it, then fine. If someone wanted to cause it to be an issue then they would deal with it then. Not morally the best but that's Disney these days.

What's most interesting is that this stuff exists, is not difficult to find, and doesn't seem to be part of the vetting process at some major companies. I suppose that it very well could be that in the entertainment business it's all gotten so strange that it's difficult to find anyone who shouldn't be registered as a child sex offender but think that's an exaggeration. Carefully vetting social media should be a thing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-07-21 at 09:01 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    This is insane! But animal killer Chris Pratt is still not fired? what a joke!
    Sweet summerchild

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess he could've just been told to apologize to the fans and delete those tweets. I believe his jokes were tasteless and quite inappropriate, however I'm also in favor of handing out appropriate punishment. firing a director over tasteless jokes in his old tweets seems really illogical and ridiculous. and I'm shaking my head at people comparing this situation with actual rape or sexual molestation cases that other celebrities have committed in the past which surfaced during the #metoo movement.

Apparently there is a petition to get Disney to re-hire Gunn.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I guess he could've just been told to apologize to the fans and delete those tweets.
    He did both of those things many years ago.

Deleted
    I get people wanting accountability when they're harassed directly and personally. That's great. People shouldn't be directly harassed. However, stop with this "oh I'm offended!" -crap already.

Who gives a shit. You don't have a right not to be offended.

So a dude makes a lewd joke about kids. Who cares. Nobody in their right mind would be equating a bad joke with actually deplorable behavior. Honestly, I'm happy we're all mortal and I'll die one day because this world is going to complete shit with these professionally offended snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    [snip]
    What are you trying to demonstrate? That the hysterical snowflake in your avatar is actually a picture of yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    There are jokes, then there are pretty disturbing and sick things which he said.
    You ever watch an episode of South Park, princess?

"Well, you know what I say about kids. They're all pink on the inside."
    http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Cripple_Fight

-A joke that aired on TV 17 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What is your position on pedophiles? Are you progressive enough to defend them before they become an official victim group in the next 5 years?
    Remind me which side was voting for one to become a Senator in Alabama last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You ever watch an episode of South Park, princess?

http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Cripple_Fight

-A joke that aired on TV 17 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Remind me which side was voting for one to become a Senator in Alabama last year?
    I like it when boys touch my special place, just jokes. Its JuSt A jOke mAn rElaX

the guy clearly has a thing for kids, im more surprised disney hired him in the first place and didnt do better vetting

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I like it when boys touch my special place, just jokes. Its JuSt A jOke mAn rElaX

the guy clearly has a thing for kids, im more surprised disney hired him in the first place and didnt do better vetting
    So you think Trey Parker and Matt Stone are pedophiles because they make edgy pedo jokes?

Is this some kind of virtue signalling for stuck up conservatives? Prude signalling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    *snip*
    I mean seriously, are we going to start a campaign to get everyone who ever made an edgy pedo joke fired?

Well you can start with basically everyone who has ever been on an internet forum or played a video game. Fucking ridiculous hypocrites. Like this kind of humour hasn't been completely mainstream here for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I guess he could've just been told to apologize to the fans and delete those tweets. I believe his jokes were tasteless and quite inappropriate, however I'm also in favor of handing out appropriate punishment. firing a director over tasteless jokes in his old tweets seems really illogical and ridiculous. and I'm shaking my head at people comparing this situation with actual rape or sexual molestation cases that other celebrities have committed in the past which surfaced during the #metoo movement.
    Here's him doing exactly that in 2012.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...es-gunn-395796

15+ Year Old Account
    I came in here having pre-decided that Mr Gunn was unfairly treated.

Then I read the abhorrent tweets. I hope he never works again.
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you can start with basically everyone who has ever been on an internet forum or played a video game. Fucking ridiculous hypocrites. Like this kind of humour hasn't been completely mainstream here for decades.
    I can say with complete honesty that I have never, ever made a pedo joke/reference while playing video games.

For that matter, I don't spread toxicity either.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I came in here having pre-decided that Mr Gunn was unfairly treated.

Then I read the abhorrent tweets. I hope he never works again.
    Again, ten years ago, he apologised for it eight years ago and hasn't done that kind of juvenile shit since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I can say with complete honesty that I have never, ever made a pedo joke/reference while playing video games.

For that matter, I don't spread toxicity either.
    Ever watch an episode of South Park? How about Family Guy?

This kind of humour has been mainstream since at least the early 2000s.