Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5 pages of people being obstinate and wrong.

War mode = PvP ruleset

Non War mode = PvE ruleset, i.e no *forced* pvp. Players can still attack enemy faction npcs if they choose to flag. Just like on a normal server pre 8.0. there is no bug, no exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by hatun View Post

Non War mode = PvE ruleset, i.e no *forced* pvp. Players can still attack enemy faction npcs if they choose to flag. Just like on a normal server pre 8.0. there is no bug, no exploit.
    Did you even bother reading the OP before posting random ramblings?Because i did and it is not what you are claiming it to be.Players currently killing NPCs with disabled War mode can't be killed unlike before.The old PvE rule set was once PvP flag you can be killed.This can't happen now.Stop posting bulshit.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Did you even bother reading the OP before posting random ramblings?Because i did and it is not what you are claiming it to be.Players currently killing NPCs with disabled War mode can't be killed unlike before.The old PvE rule set was once PvP flag you can be killed.This can't happen now.Stop posting bulshit.
    I read the OP.
    At no point did he say he put on his pvp flag to fight back. PvP flags on non warmode servers work just as they have worked on PvE realms since they took off the ability to blueflag. You have to /pvp or click "enable pvp" from the char menu or you won't be able to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    We need the old pvp flagging rules which worked fine all these years and the problem would be solved instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate this is no longer existent you have to be in SW to enable or disable pvp and what the OP is saying is you can disable pvp and go kill npc's without flagging in quest hubs.
    jesus h christ yall do not understand.

Listen. take off warmode. fly to thrallmar/honor hold. attack any faction tagged npc. you can do that. that is not a bug. that is how pve servers work.

i.gyazo.com/ac04191c2fd2f40577c27dfa6dc33a4e.png
    And being aggroed/attacked by pvp flagged mobs flags you for pvp.

Proof or you lie obviously

100% a bug. Prior to war mode, pve realm players would be flagged for pvp if they attacked opposite faction npcs. If thats not happening, then its a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

jesus h christ yall do not understand.

Listen. take off warmode. fly to thrallmar/honor hold. attack any faction tagged npc. you can do that. that is not a bug. that is how pve servers work.
    Prior to war mode , it would flag you for pvp, allowing other players to flag themselves for pvp and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    100% a bug. Prior to war mode, pve realm players would be flagged for pvp if they attacked opposite faction npcs. If thats not happening, then its a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Prior to war mode , it would flag you for pvp, allowing other players to flag themselves for pvp and kill you.
    exactly, it's either 1) a bug or 2) op didn't /pvp to be able to retaliate.

i.gyazo.com/4c5aeeeb5280e77d64d77ab24a244925.jpg

here you go

exactly, it's either 1) a bug or 2) op didn't /pvp to be able to retaliate.
    You can't /pvp. Are you new to the game? Not played 8.0?

I repeat, as others have said to you a thousand times:

YOU CANNOT /PVP ANYMORE, IT GOT REMOVED IN 8.0. THERE IS NO WAY TO RETALIATE. THE ONLY WAY TO FLAG FOR PVP IS TO GO TO STORMWIND AND PRESS 'WARMODE' WHICH PUTS YOU IN AN ENTIRE DIFFERENT PHASE TO THE PLAYER KILLING NPCS.

YOU CANNOT /PVP ANYMORE, IT GOT REMOVED IN 8.0. THERE IS NO WAY TO RETALIATE. THE ONLY WAY TO FLAG FOR PVP IS TO GO TO STORMWIND AND PRESS 'WARMODE' WHICH PUTS YOU IN AN ENTIRE DIFFERENT PHASE TO THE PLAYER KILLING NPCS.
    i.gyazo.com/26813d35aabb16beb07b600569eae14b.jpg

You're wrong and loud about it.

This is completely false as I flagged myself for PvP to so Warden Towers on multiple toons yesterday. The only one of my characters with Warmode on is my Hunter. The difference between it and my other characters is that I don’t need to flag myself to do towers on the Hunter. I just fly there and commence.

Ok i believe you and am utterly confused now wtf is going on.

So:

1. We have a toggle enable pvp ON/OFF (not sure why)
    2. We have WARMODE (can be ON/OFF in capital city/rested(?))

So my question is:

1. I have it OFF and enable pvp ON. Does this mean I can attack NPC and flag? But then I flag without talents so Im gimped?
    2. I have it ON and enter dungeons/raids from SW. As warmode "enables pvp talents in pve" does this mean we will have people packed in SW entering dungeons via teleports etc?

3. I have it OFF and play outdoors and enter a group that was in SW and toggled ON. So Im gimped in comparison to them?

They really should clarify this.

My experience so far: With warmode ON I find very few alliances and an abundance of horde. With Warmode OFF it seems like im in a full realm its crazy everywhere. Haven't logged to BGs with OFF to see if they enable talents etc and havent been to dungeons with ON to see wtf happens.

That pvp on/off toggle further confused me as I find it totally random in relation to warmode.
    Okay

You don't have talents until you enter pvp combat in non-warmode. (ganking npcs is pve with your pvp flag on)
    You are never pvp flagged in dungeons
    You don't get talents unless you are in actual pvp combat, or have warmode enabled. Warmode enabled players exist in a separate phase. You aren't gimped because you can't interact with each other.

warmode = old pvp servers with pvp talents enabled at all times
    warmode off = old pve servers.

I said this shit in like my first or second post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This is completely false as I flagged myself for PvP to so Warden Towers on multiple toons yesterday. The only one of my characters with Warmode on is my Hunter. The difference between it and my other characters is that I don’t need to flag myself to do towers on the Hunter. I just fly there and commence.
    I think this dude believes that bolding his point makes it right, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They have never stated this, ever. So stop spewing fake information.
    I'm not going to go find the interview or source it came from, but it was in one of the Q & A's. They said you'd still be able to flag as PVP.

If you're upset about it, don't play, but this is intended.

I read the OP.
    At no point did he say he put on his pvp flag to fight back. PvP flags on non warmode servers work just as they have worked on PvE realms since they took off the ability to blueflag. You have to /pvp or click "enable pvp" from the char menu or you won't be able to fight back.
    It is clear to me you didn't read the OP.
    I will underline for you the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    The thing is that players not marked for war mode can now kill NPCs in quest hubs forever because they cannot be killed by Pcs in defence of said hub. Players should be forced to go to war mode to attack NPCs of said quest hubs.
    What he says is that the switch to toggle PvP combat is still possible without you being in War mode.What this means is that you can attack NPCs but you can not be attacked by players because you are still in the PVE server.This is by all means griefing and a huge fucked up from blizzard side.

- - - Updated - - -

1. We have a toggle enable pvp ON/OFF (not sure why)
    2. We have WARMODE (can be ON/OFF in capital city/rested(?))

They really should clarify this.

That pvp on/off toggle further confused me as I find it totally random in relation to warmode.
    As you say Blizzard must clarify on the issue because they did not think it well enough in the 1st place.
    You have 2 PvP stages possible right now as you sayed. Warmode and the old togable PvP combat on a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I'm not going to go find the interview or source it came from, but it was in one of the Q & A's. They said you'd still be able to flag as PVP.

If you're upset about it, don't play, but this is intended.
    They have NEVER stated this. So without your "proof" you're actually speaking out of your ass. They've said more against it than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    It is clear to me you didn't read the OP.
    I will underline for you the important part.

What he says is that the switch to toggle PvP combat is still possible without you being in War mode.What this means is that you can attack NPCs but you can not be attacked by players because you are still in the PVE server.This is by all means griefing and a huge fucked up from blizzard side.

- - - Updated - - -

As you say Blizzard must clarify on the issue because they did not think it well enough in the 1st place.
    You have 2 PvP stages possible right now as you sayed. Warmode and the old togable PvP combat on a PvE server.
    sigh, trying to explain to people with their own preconceived notion is annoying.

Warmode =! pvp flag

You can pvp flag outside of warmode

secondly

you do not need to go warmode to defend said npcs, you do, however, have to pvp flag (actually you cannot warmode bc that puts you into an entirely different world) like you did before on a normal server ruleset
    the people griefing would be pvp flagged. OP just had to manually put his pvp flag on, as he would not be able to attack them (and defend the npcs) without doing so.

why are yall confused? jesus christ.

Deleted
    I just tested it, and unless the players in question used a non-conventional way to attack NPCs, you WILL be PvP flagged if you kill NPCs.

I went to the Crossroads (as Alliance obviously) with War Mode DISABLED. I tried to attack a guard and it flagged me for PvP (got the icon next to my portrait and the "5 m" above it - indicating that in 5 minutes, my PvP disables again).

So yeah, that should settle it... Unless there's a bug in which players can kill NPCs without getting flagged.

They have NEVER stated this. So without your "proof" you're actually speaking out of your ass. They've said more against it than anything else.
    Well, one of us is wrong. Seeing how you're making a claim that something never happened, the burden of proof is a lot higher on your side. Go show me all the posts and Q & As and EVERYTHING Blizz has ever written on War Mode and PVP going into BFA and I might believe you over my own recollection. Until then, continue thinking the sky is falling and Blizz is out to get you by letting these players "grief" you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    I just tested it, and unless the players in question used a non-conventional way to attack NPCs, you WILL be PvP flagged if you kill NPCs.

I went to the Crossroads (as Alliance obviously) with War Mode DISABLED. I tried to attack a guard and it flagged me for PvP (got the icon next to my portrait and the "5 m" above it - indicating that in 5 minutes, my PvP disables again).

So yeah, that should settle it... Unless there's a bug in which players can kill NPCs without getting flagged.
    The people bitching in this thread, like Zyky seem to think that PVP should be completely 100% disabled when you don't have warmode on. Blizzard promised them that, or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Well, one of us is wrong. Seeing how you're making a claim that something never happened, the burden of proof is a lot higher on your side. Go show me all the posts and Q & As and EVERYTHING Blizz has ever written on War Mode and PVP going into BFA and I might believe you over my own recollection. Until then, continue thinking the sky is falling and Blizz is out to get you by letting these players "grief" you.

- - - Updated - - -

The people bitching in this thread, like Zyky seem to think that PVP should be completely 100% disabled when you don't have warmode on. Blizzard promised them that, or some such nonsense.
    It isn't my job to provide you with proof, nor do I care if you believe me, the facts are very clear and Blizzard has posted very specifically that the extra rewards in Warmode were to compensate time loss, if someone can flag and kill quest givers in non-Warmode and there's no extra reward for having the time loss from this act then it's an oversight. This is common sense bro.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-07-22 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It isn't my job to provide you with proof, nor do I care if you believe me, the facts are very clear and Blizzard has posted very specifically that the extra rewards in Warmode were to compensate time loss, if someone can flag and kill quest givers in non-Warmode and there's no extra reward for having the time loss from this act then it's an oversight. This is common sense bro.
    No, you made a BIG assumption there. You're saying ANY PVP that results in Time Loss should be War Mode only, Blizzard didn't feel that way. They were talking about the time loss from battling other players, not time loss from quest givers being killed. If they meant what you were saying it was a VERY easy fix. Turn of PVP altogether outside of Warmode. They didn't. They didn't want to.

If they had wanted to, they'd have done it by removing the pvp toggle. They didn't want to, so they didn't do it.
    That's common sense, bro.