Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    And have someone who lives in a gated whites-only community tell me how we're all equal no matter what? come on, even you're not that stupid

we are what we are, and some of us make the world a shittier place for the rest of us.
    Some of you sure do.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vents View Post
    OK I went and checked and saw this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stand-your-ground_law_by_US_jurisdiction.svg

WTF is "stand your ground in practice"?
    The states that have adopted stand-your-ground in practice, either through case law/precedent, jury instructions or by other means, are California, Colorado,Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington. Means those states use previous cases for a standard for their Stand your Ground law. They can vary depending on the state. Florida has certain standards which define when a case meets a Stand your Ground justification.

Castle law can also vary depending on the state. Ohio for example, extends it to your vehicle. Most states do not.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-07-23 at 11:45 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.wishtv.com/national/stan...ing/1312766959

A couple stops at a convenience store store for whatever. They chose to park in a handicap spot, inconsiderate but not uncommon a gas stations of they aren't busy.

The man/boyfriend runs into the store real quick. While he is instead another man approaches his girlfriend and son and starts arguing about the spot. The boyfriend comes out, sees the argument and pushes the other guy. The man on the floor pulls his gun. The boyfriend backs up, the man with the gun opens fire, landing a fatal shot.

Im not going to link the video because it's graphic but in it you the fighting had ceased (if you can even call it that) and the man who got shot had yielded to the shooter.

I know what the law says so the man isn't going to be charged but what does the court of public opinion think?
    Don't physically assault someone and you won't get shot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old psycho with a gun and wanting to shoot someone goes looking for a confrontation and finds one.

I can't wait to go to Florida and throw myself on the ground like a dramatic soccer player after someone touches me so I can put a bullet in their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Old psycho with a gun and wanting to shoot someone goes looking for a confrontation and finds one.

I can't wait to go to Florida and throw myself on the ground like a dramatic soccer player after someone touches me so I can put a bullet in their chest.
    Wonder if Stand Your Ground applies for any contact in sports, too.

Could have justification to say you fear for your life and shoot your rivals.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The old man asked to be physically assaulted? Nice victim blaming there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He went over and sought out a confrontation when there were still plenty of other parking spaces around.

In Canada we would all apologize and be on our way.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Wonder if Stand Your Ground applies for any contact in sports, too.

Could have justification to say you fear for your life and shoot your rivals.
    This is one of the most retarded applications of the stand your ground law I've seen to date. The guy who did the pushing was already backing up and away from the asshole on the ground as he sat there taking aim.

He went over and sought out a confrontation when there were still plenty of other parking spaces around.
    So in your world anyone you confront verbally deserves to be physically assaulted? You believe no one should be confronted verbally? I guess you defend the guy running his car into the antifa crowed because they came to confront people.

I mean the guy was shouting at his wife and kids. That deserves a shove. Shooting him was a total over-reaction
    Last edited by prwraith; 2018-07-23 at 04:41 PM.

he was shouting at someones wife and child/children, i guess you just hide in the bushes hoping the man will go away? Or a push is the same as life threatening violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    he was shouting at someones wife and child/children, i guess you just hide in the bushes hoping the man will go away? Or a push is the same as life threatening violence.
    So? I wouldn't have physically assaulted an old man, because I'm not a thug or a pussy. Only insecure men result to violence to resolve a situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean the guy was shouting at his wife and kids. That deserves a shove. Shooting him was a total over-reaction
    No it doesn't, verbal altercations never result in physical attacks.

So basically you could go into a "tough area", verbally insult someone and then when the other party touches you mow them down. Murica

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in your world anyone you confront verbally deserves to be physically assaulted? You believe no one should be confronted verbally? I guess you defend the guy running his car into the antifa crowed because they came to confront people.
    Did he simply inform the mother and child in the car they were parked illegally and he was going to report it to police like a sane person or did he stand there losing his shit at the woman till the father came out and pushed him away?

Being overly confrontational about non-issues like a single parking spot when plenty of others are around is the hallmark of a crazy person.

What would happen if the old man was the one who pushed, would it have been okay to shoot him?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So? I wouldn't have physically assaulted an old man, because I'm not a thug or a pussy. Only insecure men result to violence to resolve a situation.
    The guy pushed to the ground was 47. He's not an old man.

Did he simply inform the mother and child in the car they were parked illegally and he was going to report it to police like a sane person or did he stand there losing his shit at the woman till the father came out and pushed him away?

Being overly confrontational about non-issues like a single parking spot when plenty of others are around is the hallmark of a crazy person.
    He stood away from the car, never once made a physical threatening gesture, he did not deserve to be physically assaulted. You can get seriously hurt or even die, there have been people who have pushed or knocked down, hit their head on something and die or suffer severe brain damage, There is 0 excuse to assault someone over words 0

He stood away from the car, never once made a physical threatening gesture, he did not deserve to be physically assaulted. You can get seriously hurt or even die, there have been people who have pushed or knocked down, hit their head on something and die or suffer severe brain damage, There is 0 excuse to assault someone over words 0
    And there is 0 excuse for shooting someone just for pushing you.

The man was harassing people over a parking space, he needs to grow up.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-07-23 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    And there is 0 excuse for shooting someone just for pushing you.

The man was harassing people over a parking space, he needs to grow up.
    You don't know what a persons intentions are when they blindside you.