Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Help me understand these new Honor Levels

So after the patch I'm now Honor lvl 130 and according to the PvP window my next reward is at lvl 150, a Prestigious Royal Courser. Problem is I already have that mount... and the mount that comes at lvl 250 as well. Does that mean I have at least 120 more lvls of nothing ahead of me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Since the system became account bound, the pacing is different. Prestige cap in Legion only got you 130 honor levels equivalent, but will have gotten you all the rewards up until 300 (minus the new 175 banner). So if you had prestige cap in Legion, you won't get any new reward until honor 400.

Yeah, basically all old rewards were put into the new system until rank 400 or something.

So you got to 25 on the old system and had zero progress on any other character? Of course that can't be true because 25 would have put you above 130 in this system so you are confusing the 2nd mount or fibbing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Since the system became account bound, the pacing is different. Prestige cap in Legion only got you 130 honor levels equivalent, but will have gotten you all the rewards up until 300 (minus the new 175 banner). So if you had prestige cap in Legion, you won't get any new reward until honor 400.
    Well that sucks for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    So you got to 25 on the old system and had zero progress on any other character? Of course that can't be true because 25 would have put you above 130 in this system so you are confusing the 2nd mount or fibbing.
    Here's my armory with my mount collection and Honor lvl on it. The lvl250 mount is the Prestigious Midnight Courser.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...unts?collected

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you're wrong. Prestige cap (Prestige 25, honor 50) gets you just shy of honor 130... like honor 129 and 8750 honor.

If 130 is the cap it was only from having the old 25 convert to 130, because I am well above that and I have done any pvp since the change.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If 130 is the cap it was only from having the old 25 convert to 130, because I am well above that and I have done any pvp since the change.
    Right, 130 is the max from one toon. Any more than that is from alts being added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you were right in that I reached cap with only one alt and didn't bother to get a single honor level on anything else. I don't really play alts much, but as you can see by my armory I'm neither "confusing the 2nd mount nor fibbing".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well that sucks for me...

Here's my armory with my mount collection and Honor lvl on it. The lvl250 mount is the Prestigious Midnight Courser.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...unts?collected
    Already having the rewards sucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you were right in that I reached cap with only one alt and didn't bother to get a single honor level on anything else. I don't really play alts much, but as you can see by my armory I'm neither "confusing the 2nd mount nor fibbing".
    You can also prove on the armory that you got prestige cap on one char: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ayer-vs-player so don't sweat it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Already having the rewards sucks?
    Let me paint you a picture. You do the max pvp system in an expansion. You get every reward. The new system goes live. Your old max getting -every- reward is now 130/500 progress in the new system, with nothing new until 400. You literally have to do *3* times the amount to see a new reward, all the while passing milestones that re-reward everything you have.

Yes. That sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Let me paint you a picture. You do the max pvp system in an expansion. You get every reward. The new system goes live. Your old max getting -every- reward is now 130/500 progress in the new system, with nothing new until 400. You literally have to do *3* times the amount to see a new reward, all the while passing milestones that re-reward everything you have.

Yes. That sucks.
    Or you could take the rewards you've got an just say, "Yeah, that's good enough." But I get why that wouldn't appeal to many people, just lazy people like me, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could take the rewards you've got an just say, "Yeah, that's good enough." But I get why that wouldn't appeal to many people, just lazy people like me, lol.
    For sure, it only matters if you care about the achievements or the new rewards. But you can easily extrapolate it into something you care about. Imagine working at a job for a year, you hear you can get $500,000 salary if you put in the maximum effort for that year. You do your best, get the max salary. Next year they decide to repace your structure. Now you can earn up to 2 million, for 4 times as much work! Sweet you think. But then they tell you, oh also, you don't get ANY money until you have done 3 times the amount of work you did last year, because you earned the max last year. So work for free, and if you manage to do more than 3 times the work, we'll pay you bigger!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's a more positive way of looking at it, it's just that I was looking forward to getting my hands into some new rewards, but it looks like that won't be happening for a LOOOONG time, unless you count the lvl175 pennant.

Follow up question: I just looked up some pictures of the lvl175 pennant (Glorious Pennant) and... am I correct in assuming it's 100% identical to the Esteemed Pennant that I already have? Please tell me this is just a bug, these flags are already a lackluster reward and I don't need the only reward for the next 270 lvls to be a copy of something I already didn't care for in the first place...

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    For sure, it only matters if you care about the achievements or the new rewards. But you can easily extrapolate it into something you care about. Imagine working at a job for a year, you hear you can get $500,000 salary if you put in the maximum effort for that year. You do your best, get the max salary. Next year they decide to repace your structure. Now you can earn up to 2 million, for 4 times as much work! Sweet you think. But then they tell you, oh also, you don't get ANY money until you have done 3 times the amount of work you did last year, because you earned the max last year. So work for free, and if you manage to do more than 3 times the work, we'll pay you bigger!
    Yeah, that's a good analogy. Pretty sure I'd just 'nope' right on out of that.

yeah enjoy 270*8800 honor for a reward.

2,376,000 honor lets say 500 a game win or lose, 4752 BG's.

honor levels are literally a korean no lifing mmorpg grindfest.

7+ Year Old Account
    So after the patch I'm now Honor lvl 130 and according to the PvP window my next reward is at lvl 150, a Prestigious Royal Courser. Problem is I already have that mount... and the mount that comes at lvl 250 as well. Does that mean I have at least 120 more lvls of nothing ahead of me?
    since it became account bound the pacing is differant, and with some new rewards added they got put in between, also because of this new settup you got set back abit, so if you had 1 toon you are at a loss and will need to level abit before you get a reward, but if you had alts you should be fine.

and level 150 and 250 yes, but you will get a reward at 175 and 200

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah enjoy 270*8800 honor for a reward.

2,376,000 honor lets say 500 a game win or lose, 4752 BG's.

honor levels are literally a korean no lifing mmorpg grindfest.
    BFA will have ways to earn ohonor much earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow up question: I just looked up some pictures of the lvl175 pennant (Glorious Pennant) and... am I correct in assuming it's 100% identical to the Esteemed Pennant that I already have? Please tell me this is just a bug, these flags are already a lackluster reward and I don't need the only reward for the next 270 lvls to be a copy of something I already didn't care for in the first place...
    They hotfixed in the Glorious Pennant today as a toy, it was bugged until now. But yes, at the moment they're the same model exactly. But I'm hoping that is an oversight.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's a more positive way of looking at it, it's just that I was looking forward to getting my hands into some new rewards, but it looks like that won't be happening for a LOOOONG time, unless you count the lvl175 pennant.

the penannt is bugged, its supposed to give a better one but its not actually in game yet, the item doesent even gift to you but some have had it given by Gms to find out it does not have a model yet, so most liekly something in the works.

and idk a toy that is permant and adds something as cool as a physics effected flag to your character is the coolest of the rewards IMO

- - - Updated - - -

They hotfixed in the Glorious Pennant today as a toy, it was bugged until now. But yes, at the moment they're the same model exactly. But I'm hoping that is an oversight.
    it is for sure, what would be the point of earning the same toy twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content