Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Great DLC comic. As I predicted, War Mode will only shine a spotlight on Horde dominance in PvP, which will only bring more PvP'ers to Horde and fueling the imbalance further. Eventually leading to Alliance opting out all together, meaning Alliance no longer get those juicy bonuses.

People don't want to join the losing side. Who'd of thought?

Fraud developers.
    This hasn't been my personal experience in either beta or live as an alliance player. I feel like I usually "win" most world encounters, unless they're rolling around in a huge gank-squad of 5+ players, in which case I've been able to successfully cobble together a group to fight them most times, or find good ways to fight back (like using the inns in Fallhaven to make a choke point).

To note, I mostly play holy priest/holy paladin, and will often be in the world with my husband who mains ret, so I know that's a pretty slick world pvp combination. But even so, getting a group together has been easy, and getting a bounty on you is a huge target. It seems to go back and forth very frequently between factions in any zone, even when I was messing around with wpvp on my arc mage (beta). No one holds dominance for an unfair amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of some of the other issues mentioned by others, I don't think it helped any that the movie spent years in limbo. I can still recall how there was some serious rumbles about a Warcraft movie all the way back during the days of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Great DLC comic. As I predicted, War Mode will only shine a spotlight on Horde dominance in PvP, which will only bring more PvP'ers to Horde and fueling the imbalance further. Eventually leading to Alliance opting out all together, meaning Alliance no longer get those juicy bonuses.
    First, you're being perhaps overly dramatic. Second, four letters: EMFH before nerfs. Third, if Alliance opts out, this will not necessarily be a bad thing
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The movie was garbage. I wish blizzard just did it in-house instead. Hell, even the in game cinematics of wc3 has more feels to them than anything in the movie.

Should of had HBO make the movie, Wun-Wun looks more realistic than the entire Warcraft movie

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    the sets look so fake... the entire movie looked like crap. Way to much CGI, and the parts of the sets that werent just blue screens, looked cheap and like some subpar sets you'd see at a theme park.
    Shame they couldn't have gotten Weta Workshop, aka the geniuses that produced the sets, special effects, etc. for the Lord of the Rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Shame they couldn't have gotten Weta Workshop, aka the geniuses that produced the sets, special effects, etc. for the Lord of the Rings.
    You cant argue that the sets weta made for LOTR look far superior to the ones made for warcraft. It may have been the art style chosen by the director, idk... but it looked like shit in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Amazing sets, they all look great. I wonder how much wood they used for the wooden acting though.
    Less than Episode II: Attack of the Clones at least. I didn't think the acting was as bad as just the pacing and story they chose to tell, but that's a different discussion for other threads. I wouldn't expect Shakesperean acting from Warcraft. I pretty much thought everyone was serviceable but Ben Foster, I just find him to be a terrible actor and a charisma vacuum in everything he's in.

Weta is top dog but Legendary Pictures is pretty good. I mean regardless of who worked on the special effects the writing and script were absolutely horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have started with LK, and not have a retarded studio on point.

I wonder if they're going to continue on with the movies and make a series out of it. Obviously the next film would be about the events of warcraft 2, tides of darkness (hopefully not squishing the expansion in there too).

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    The issue wasn't Duncan Jones, the issue was the Hollywood Studio trying to direct what to do in the movie (Politics)

I'm sure if Duncan Jones had free reign what to do with the movie, it would've been awesome. You can blame Universal Pictures if anything

Hollywood Studios needs to keep hands off the movies, and stop making everything about Politics.
    To a certain extent, I agree.... though things like the cinematography, meaning the way some scenes were shot and the final filter/color pass of the movie and some of the look of the movie were things that Duncan could have fixed even just in post for the most part.

Again, not saying the movie needed to go gritty per say, and Warcraft has always been a "bright" art style, but the sets would have looked better with a slightly different post production filter/color treatment....i.e. making the sets look less foam cuttoutish and more "real".

And even though the movie was clearly spliced and diced with input by too many people....in the end it is the directors job to get the performances out of actors, and a few of the performances are about as wooden as they come...and these are mostly solid actors...so that falls on Duncan in terms of getting the performance out of the live action actors. When the Orcs have better and more emotional dialog and emotes than the human actors...some of that is on the man directing the performance.

After watching his Netflix thing and some of his other work, I really think he is a big picture guy, a producer. I don't think he is that great at putting the day to day direction of a movie together. But that is just my opinion.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    You cant argue that the sets weta made for LOTR look far superior to the ones made for warcraft. It may have been the art style chosen by the director, idk... but it looked like shit in general.
    I will say all the small props, armor, and things of that nature tended to be pretty good. There were a few bigger prop items that were excellent too, like the call board.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say all the small props, armor, and things of that nature tended to be pretty good. There were a few bigger prop items that were excellent too, like the call board.
    agreed on that front. I was talking more the actual buildings