Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mustangs are trash. They are so common that no matter what you do to one, they will not stand out or leave a lasting impression.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

That idiots that text and drive are not sent to prison for life.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

1. Hummers should have stayed Humvee military only vehicles. People that drive them (especially the H2 and H3) clearly love the cock.
    2. Rolling coal is for inbred redneck douchebags (when a ton of black smoke intentionally comes out of a diesel truck).
    3. People on motorcycles that drive between cars and don't use lanes properly deserve to get hit.

Jap cars are all boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    If you haven't tried a golf r dsg I'd highly recommend it.

I think the one I tried was 0 to 60 in 3.5s

In a golf.

Not a supercar
    That's tuned. Pretty easy to obtain in most of the hatches in that powerband.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Just a remap for a few hundred quid. It was shockingly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    HAHA, yea 58MPG on a Prius? The only way you'd achieve that is if you plug in your battery to charge up and drive mostly on battery before your car is forced to switch on the gas engine. Top Gear did a test where they showed a Prius vs BMW M3 in MPG and that is if you hammer the Prius you're not getting the benefits of the Prius's MPG. If you drive fast you'll waste more gas in a Prius than in a BMW M3. Cars like the BMW M3 and the Corvette have so much power that they can idle the engine down the highway at 1.5k RPM while a Prius will need to run at 2.5K RPM or more. Especially the Corvette where it has a very tall final gear, which is why it practically idles down a highway.

The Prius has regenerative breaking which is why it does so well on stop and go traffic, but otherwise not as good as you claim. Cars that have done traditionally well are the Saturn cars where they had fiber glass body panels, and the Volkswagen diesels where they can achieve over 50MPG without any hybrid feature.

A Prius is a very slow and not likely to get 30 - 40mpg, let alone 58 mpg without charging up the battery first. The Toyota Prius cannot escape the law of thermal dynamics. There's no free lunch here. If a 2018 Toyota Camry with a 2.5L gets 29/41 then a Prius should be like 44/41 cause driving down the highway has no real benefits from the hybrid feature. Regenerative breaking and being able to charge up the battery from an outlet are the main benefits you get from a hybrid. The only way to get 58 MPG from a Prius is to plug in the Prius at night and then drive no faster than 60 MPH on the highway. Assuming your job isn't more than 30 minutes away, bam you're getting 58 MPG.

But something like a BMW i8 makes the Prius a great Tonka toy.

Wait sorry. I thought you were directing your ire at hybrids in general and not some super niché car that is worse than all other current hybrids.

My hybrid Toyota Yaris is 58 mpg on a bad day. And it can't plug in over night.
    Any mention of a corvette saving gas is pointless when you factor in the buy-in cost + maintenance. You're throwing away a ton of money to save a handful of pennies.

Ps: Topgear is an entertainment show, not a documentary. They're all about confirming viewer bias and saying funny things so people go "haha did you see topgear last night?".

-Love, a mechanic who's now getting a degree in energy management.

All BMW drivers are arrogant assholes who thinks the rules dont apply to them for having one of the shittiest car brands in the world.

I prefer slower more efficient cars. 0-60 speeds don't impress/affect me. MPG gets me going. Aside from breaking the law and occasion race tracks, most cars don't need to exceed 65mph. No reason not to enforce that.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    private ownership of cars should be forbidden.
    But why? How would I get to work? I don't live in a city or even a suburb.

I hate cars and hate the fact I need one.

Deleted
    Attaching drive to the steering wheels is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giant trucks are a waste of space & money, and make you look more like a tool than cool.
    Last edited by Molis; 2018-07-23 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The Honda S2000 is the last 2 seater sports car you buy before you buy a Corvette C6.... HA! Also, a 6.2L V8 Corvette C6 will get better gas mileage than the 2L 4 cylinder Honda S2000... OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Toyota Prius owners, a Corvette C5 will do 30MPG on the highway. Also a Corvette with a twin turbo will get 40 MPG on the highway.

Am i supposed to trust him on it? Where's the actual tests on all of those cars? I can also shot numbers out of my ass, doesn't mean people will believe them.

Not saying it's impossible, engine tech has come a long way, but i'm not going to trust a guy just because he writes numbers on top of his footage...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    But why? How would I get to work? I don't live in a city or even a suburb.
    You don't do work that is absolutely useless to your local environment. Like, your work makes sense and fulfills you.

i wish half the people in washington state would die in their sleep so it wouldn't take me 55 minutes to drive 20 miles to work every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Big spoilers on a fast car looks cool. It can actually take a car from "okay" to "very cool" with just that one addition. Doesn't even need to be big either, just the presence of a spoiler elevates the status of the vehicle.
    spoilers are gay as fuck

I had mine removed because they look so fuggin retarded

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    having cars as a hobby is 100% a sign of being a danger
    Funny...I have owned MANY FAST sports cars over the last 20 yrs. We talking mid 12's for the most part in the quarter. All souped up from factory stock

Guess how many accidents I have? ZERO
    Guess how many Speeding tickets I have? ZERO
    Guess how many PARKING Tickets I have? ZERO.

Wow, I must be a real danger....

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They should not be privately owned by citizens.
    what did he mean by this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Nothing like cruising down the freeway in a gas guzzling 65 Cadillac, we'll a hot blond sitting in the passenger seat would make it better.
    Ahh the old pink caddy...also eating a cheeseburger out of the non-biodegradable styrofoam containers?

Outside of appreciating the hard work that went into maintaining antique Volkswagons from the '50's with wooden paneling or building custom hotrods, I don't value the "cool car" fad. Every day, I see the outside of my car for about one minute: the thirty seconds I'm walking to the car to drive it somewhere, and the thirty seconds I'm walking back to the car to drive home. As long as it gets me where I need to go, is safe, and is loud, I don't really care what it looks like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Ahh the old pink caddy...also eating a cheeseburger out of the non-biodegradable styrofoam containers?
    Damn assholes :P