Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed the pop ins, they are pretty insane. I still hearth to shrine of the seven stars in MOP and fly down to my garden (trillium is still a big deal) and on the flight down the pop in on animals, garden veggies and NPCs are like blinking lights. So the OPer is not wrong. I think its just one of the many bugs that BFA had at pre patch. I don't think there is a console conspiracy happening. Who cares if there is. Maybe some of those dead servers will get new life. PPl so negative. Look at the bright side for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Yeah. Well, the recent graphics card price hike has not help those people who count their pennies. Like me.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-11379...words=gtx+1050

To be fair that is quite cheap. Throw a tenner aside each month and you would have it by the end of the year.

And Palit while not the greatest brand are still very decent from personal experience.

I guess unlike many people here, I happen to have a massive archive of screenshots from 7.0 - 7.3.5 era. I usually captured a good view distance because I have always loved that about WoW.

I decided to do a comparison with one of those older screenshots and here it is:
    https://imgur.com/a/66SFXjR

Game is set to maxed graphics on both screenshots. You can clearly see a whole lot of trees missing in 8.0. In 7.3.5 screenshot, you can see trees all the way down in Aszuna. And yes, I have also noticed the issue of nasty pop-in objects like other people mentioned. Hoping all of this is a bug and not intentional. We're supposed to move forward with graphics, not backwards.

If someone is still finding this hard to believe, I have uploaded a bunch of my 7.3.5 screenshots for people to do their own comparisons. You can head to those spots and see for yourself -
    https://imgur.com/a/tqM37tX

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    Xbox 1080² XX.
    Got me in tears, good one!

I'ma still buy it though. Apparently it's actually called Xbox Crimson or something.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Yeah. Well, the recent graphics card price hike has not help those people who count their pennies. Like me.
    They're basically settled back down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsmith View Post
    They secretly reduced view distance und there is crazy pop in with objects and NPCs now. Was this done so people would think switching to DX12 is a performance increase? Or is this possibly to prepare a console launch? View distance is heavy on the CPU and those are the weakest links in consoles.
    uhhhh what?

think thats enough examples, i could link battlefield stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, the max view distance from the base ui is still pretty massive and good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I dunno, the max view distance from the base ui is still pretty massive and good IMO.
    Not the point being made. Point being made is that some people are experience weird object rendering that just pops out at you due to the distance being reduced overall which why they did is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not the point being made. Point being made is that some people are experience weird object rendering that just pops out at you due to the distance being reduced overall which why they did is beyond me.
    It was the point some people were making and I haven;t experienced that at all.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    I don't want to make things even more glaringly obvious.

but the 1.12.2 client is only 5gb in size.

and it's also incredibly, incredibly fast.
    The "size" of the client is almost all media files. Such as voice work and art. Both have improved and expanded rather dramatically in 14 years. As for speed, 2.0 introduced a new shader model which made Outland even possible. 3.0 introduced extremely intensive shadow rendering. The list goes on. Each expansion added to the technical capabilities of the client, which adds to the minimum requirements. Plus, as hardware and software evolves it is in Blizzard's best interests to let the game keep pace and to utilize the PC power we now enjoy.

WoW was never meant to be static, and so it isn't. As for staying on Windows 7 forever, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    What in the world have you been smoking?..
    "Let he without sin cast the first rock, and I shall smoketh it!"

On topic, I don't know, but I'd love WoW on console to play with friends on the TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    "Let he without sin cast the first rock, and I shall smoketh it!"

On topic, I don't know, but I'd love WoW on console to play with friends on the TV.
    Dude, how the fuck would you put WoW on a console? Be real.

The only thing I noticed was my fps dipping once in a while. You sure the patch didn't just mess with your settings?

Deleted
    https://streamable.com/mze77

That´s just bad.

That looks like a phasing issue. Everything pops in when the subzone switches.

Did the players who experienced this issue test the command that was posted a few pages ago?

You could see the Hyjal tree from thousand needles before the prepatch.

Can someone confirm if you still can at max settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    You could see the Hyjal tree from thousand needles before the prepatch.

Can someone confirm if you still can at max settings?
    They didn't change the fog distance by much if at all; what they nuked was the object rendering distance. Things like smaller trees, fences, stuff littered around zones which is not actually part of the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadius View Post
    @Banard - Just checked and it still happens in Highmountain - specifically down below Thundertotem with the bodies, baskets and sacks around the little huts. They exhibit the same pop-in behaviour as the graves in Honor Hold, perhaps a little further out (hard to be sure).

Same settings (10) as the other test.

It's an odd thing to change and really noticeable once you catch it.
    /console SET lodObjectFadeScale "300"

from reddit fixes the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

They secretly reduced view distance und there is crazy pop in with objects and NPCs now. Was this done so people would think switching to DX12 is a performance increase? Or is this possibly to prepare a console launch? View distance is heavy on the CPU and those are the weakest links in consoles.
    /console SET lodObjectFadeScale "300"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I agree, it looks like shit and they once again fucked with your ability to increase it further than the in game sliders using console commands. Not all of us run this game on a 15 year old macbook.
    see above.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Dude, how the fuck would you put WoW on a console? Be real.
    How would I play a video game on a console more advanced than a PS4, like say, a PS5?