Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmind View Post
    Good or bad specs are a matter of opinion, not talking numbers and tuning. To most people it might feel bad but to him it feels good, yet he can't say so because "You can't say it's good when it's not"...
    For pigs, rolling in mud and garbage feels good. Context is everything. And we have plenty of that from previous expansions, beta, and now live 8.0.

If people want to claim 8.0 is all super grand and great, we can't stop you. But they'll get hazed exactly like what's happening I'm this thread. And rightfully so, because right now the game isn't in a good place. History shows us very little changes between beta/ptr and live, and Blizzard has a bad habit of ignoring feedback during those phases.

So if people want to say this garbage is good, they can't be mad when someone tells them their opinion stinks. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-07-24 at 12:11 PM.

I practiced a lot on my BM opener in legion, making sure I could execute it perfectly in just a seconds time. Now i have to take a full 5-10 seconds waiting on GCDs to get off my opener Frankly, It may have changed, but having to wait on a gcd after using Bestial Wrath is just excruciating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Didnt know you had played 8.3 already. But Im pretty sure everything will turn out just like most previous expansions have.
    No it won't but I'm willing to concede if it means that you'll stop arguing against what theorycrafters have mapped out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Didnt know you had played 8.3 already. But Im pretty sure everything will turn out just like most previous expansions have.
    You don't have to have played 8.3 to be able to follow a graph. Either you don't understand the differences or you're deliberately being obtuse in your replies. Secondary stat scaling has been crushed in a way that no other expansion has seen. That is an objective fact and already means that nothing is going to scale the same way it has in every other expansion. If you don't believe me/the countless people who have been saying this, go find the graph on Wowhead that shows how differently they scale now. It doesn't require 8.3 precognition to be able to follow a graph and do some basic math.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    It's not positive, it's unrealistic. He said all of the classes feel the best since ever, which is an absolute lie and delusion. Several specs do feel better but a good many specs are not viable, feel stale and not engaging. That's a fact Blizzard themselves acknowledge. It's not up to opinion at this point. It's a reality.
    Interesting, good to know that "feelings" somehow are not subjective anymore.

Anything else you want to share? Wood is not made of wood? Water is not water?

Talking for ret paladins, I think we got out of the pre-patch fine.

It's slower, but that's mostly because of haste and really, I think I might prefer getting used to low haste during the pre-patcht and and actually notice the haste increase while levelling and gearing in BfA

I only did a couple of WQ on my arcane mage so far, but it still seems just as nuke-y there, not sure how it's in actual sustain situations. Still pissed about the Soul of the Archmage bait&switch but whatever.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I have played all of the classes on beta before this went live, and they all felt fine. Now I'll admit, even though on live I have every class at max level...I'm not nearly as familiar with them all as I am my main and 2 main alts. With that said...anyone who says playing frost mage is ANY different now than it was prior to the patch is a fookin liar. It is 100% the exact same. The ONLY difference is that I can't bake IV into a multi ability/trinket macro. I haven't noticed ANY clunkiness on my pally or hunter either. People are overreacting because in most cases they now have 1 or 2 extra buttons to push. I absolutely hate saying git gud, but in this case...you really need to. Good players...they aren't making threads and complaining. Bad players are...the ones who just can't grasp having to press an extra button.
    Kthxhugsbye

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the majority of people just look at others complaining and think that every class is complete dogshit besides the odd couple. If that were the case, everyone would just play Warrior and Warlock and I can tell you now, theres currently 37 people in my guild wanting a spot for mythic and theres 2 warriors and 3 warlocks, so it can't be that bad people.

MMO-C posts about WoW all fall into one of these three categories:

1) OP says something positive about the game... everyone pisses on it with negative opinions
    2) OP says something negative about the game... everyone pisses on the OP because he/she is being negative
    3) OP introduces lore or game element he/she wants to see in the game... everyone bickers about it like its absolutely going to be in the game

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    For the 1st time in as far as i can remember all of the classes feel really good. Way better than before the patch.
    Cmon Ion, youre better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    No troll post here, I am also happy with all the classes. Since I am an alt-aholic I welcome any changes that simplify them.

I wonder what people would do to not prune and at the same time keep adding passives and actives. The game would be a mess, we would have 50+ abilities and passives by now. You HAVE to prune at some point, the same you have to stat squish every once in a while or it grows out of hand. You can not realistically keep adding abilities and passives without bloating the game to the point it's just a big mess. Arm-chair devs obviously don't understand this.
    I was fine during MoP era, juggling with many crucial and occasional skills altogether.

Pruning is effectively stultifying compared to a time where having to rely on many tools was not considered unachievable by Blizzard in regard to their player base capabilities of harnessing a plurality of skills and tricks, of which they have been severely deprived since then.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really funny to see so many still spouting vague nonsense like pruning and GCD.
    It's like someone brainwashed an opinion that isn't even yours into your brain.

Have the twitch/youtube drones among you even tried pausing the circlejerk and actually tried getting the hang of the new gameplay on each spec?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

you really did 7 levels in a day through bgs ?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    However, my BM hunter alt feels completely awesome now and may actually be my main unless they fix my main.
    Wow. BM is totally, completely ruined for me, and my hunter is totally retired as long as it remains in it's current state. FUCK Barbed Shot and it's shitstack buff garbage with a red hot sledgehammer, and whoever came up with this garbage should be taken out and beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    if you look at any best expansion poll in the past, idk 2 years on here, vanilla is usually just ahead of wod and cata but behind everything else
    Yet at the same time I'm constantly seeing forum threads and videos made by dumbass nerds wearing their rose tinted goggles saying how much better Vanilla was compared to modern WoW. Despite how much of a tedious grindy broken mess it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's very little that objectively good about 8.0. MANY things are outright not even working.

Sure, all things in the universe are relative, but the only way I look at 8.0 and BfA and say "This is good" is by comparing it to something like WoD. And even that's iffy.
    Ok, yeah you could say there are things that are objectively not working. But OP said "classes feel good". This is clearly a subjective post that you turned into objectivity because it seems you have a burning desire to spread your subjective discontent and toxicity about BFA in all areas of these forums.

So perhaps instead of saying "you can't say it's good when it's not" about an entirely subjective post you could say "in my opinion, classes DON'T feel good, and here's why:". Then you won't look like an idiot trying to present your opinion as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    For the 1st time in as far as i can remember all of the classes feel really good. Way better than before the patch.
    Reported for trolling.

Am i the only one who likes the gcd changes? It makes the gameplay more tactical, isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
    I love that someone can have a positive opinion about something and still be called a troll. The times we live in...
    As someone who plays everything casually, I actually agree with OP and second your opinion about how silly it is that "people being positive are viewed as trolls, if the community, as a whole is upset."

I think that if you had a single main and fully min/maxed playing that toon, with a single spec, then yeah, it makes sense that the pruning of Ability Traits, combined with a stat squish is going to feel awful.

I've been just casually running old raids for farming transmogs (switching up specs, to try out the new feed of each), and for the most part, the content as I'm familiar with is as easy or easier. Re-discovering the new playstyle of each spec/class has been invigorating and exciting for me. Specifically, I've never been able to stomach playing Survival (at least not since MoP), Fury or Unholy specs... and stuck to alternate specs for those classes. I've found all three to be quite fun currently and that's exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    Am i the only one who likes the gcd changes? It makes the gameplay more tactical, isnt it?
    Yes, the GCD is incredibly overblown. I'm having fun on all the specs I've played, and I play pretty much every one.

WW
    Enhance
    Fury/Arms
    Havoc
    All Mage
    All DK
    All Warlock
    Survival
    Ret
    Outlaw

These are all great. Heck, even shadow priest is much more tolerable, at least from a WQ/Leveling perspective.