Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That's because Trump goes issue by issue, policy by policy. As opposed to generalizing one principle to every issue.
    Bullshit.

Even for you.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, those awesome fossil fuels. We should go back to when cars got 9 mph and could spew so much shit into the air. Fossil Fuels have never done anything bad for us and are certainly not a health or environmental hazard. Nope. You could breathe that in and fix your cancer, sinus problems, and baldness.

Fuck off with that shit. This is going against state's rights and you know it.
    i cant wait for leaded gas to make a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You know, sometimes I wonder if Trump watched that mediocre computer movie, "Hackers" and misheard the term "Hack the Planet" for "Fuck the Planet" and took it to heart. Would explain some things...
    I'm wondering if he watched Captain Planet, but only solely the villain's scenes.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump wants what is best for California, which means being pro-market and getting rid of fossil fuel regulations.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all, starting a trade war with your allies, causing retaliatory tariffs and also a challenge in the WTO, is not pro market. The market has already decided that Americans want foreign cars.

Second of all, putting a tariff on steel.

But third and most importantly, the fuel efficiency requirements of Japan and the EU already exceed California's. The best selling cars in the US are pretty much all imports. GM and Ford are doing okay, but are simply drowned out by the combined Hyundai, Subaru, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Volkswagen, etc. which are long-lasting, inexpensive, and, yes, fuel efficient. So unless a bunch of foreign manufacturers suddenly decide to make a second, worse-quality version of their car just to sell to America -- which I admit is possible, but is unlikely -- the only thing that would change is that the US motor companies would have to take the gamble that Trump's lower emissions would be long-lasting enough to intentionally make dirtier cars, which could not be sold abroad and get worse mileage.

Also, fourth, worse mileage is a problem if oil prices go up. Which can happen at any time. For example, if Trump THREATENS IRAN IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Incidentally, intentionally wrecking a market with a TWEET IN ALL CAPS is anti-market, not pro.

You cannot defend any word of your statement. Not even you believe what you typed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yep, California has very very very good reasons for wanting to reduce smog. Sacramento still has smog issues since it's in a valley.
    California changed car emissions for the same reason China dumped coal plants.

They both had the same, highly effective, positive results.

Going backwards isn't just stupid, it's suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yep, California has very very very good reasons for wanting to reduce smog. Sacramento still has smog issues since it's in a valley.

California is not the only state with air quality problem.

Washington D.C., Houston, Dallas, Baltimore have smog problem on par with L.A.

Ever heard the term “Smog Dome?”

Inside Salt Lake City's dreary, dangerous smog dome

Anybody for Las Vegas?

Report: Air quality in Las Vegas ranks as one of nation’s worst

All those places should be thanking California.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2018-07-24 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from China, the steps they are taking to fight smog is astounding. Millions of trees being planted. Massive green spaces in the cities.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    California changed car emissions for the same reason China dumped coal plants.

They both had the same, highly effective, positive results.

Going backwards isn't just stupid, it's suicide.
    But if a lot of Californians die from pollution the popular vote will move closer to favoring republicans...

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Just got back from China, the steps they are taking to fight smog is astounding. Millions of trees being planted. Massive green spaces in the cities.
    It's like China and the US are taking turns being progressive/regressive and sharing a weird inversely proportional relationship.

Few decades ago, it's China with the anti-intellectual and isolationist policies, today it's the US.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's like China and the US are taking turns being progressive/regressive and sharing a weird inversely proportional relationship.

Few decades ago, it's China with the anti-intellectual and isolationist policies, today it's the US.
    Don't get me wrong, China has MASSIVE waste problems... everything is plastic and disposable. Order a small drink and it comes in a plastic cup, with a plastic straw, a plastic lid in a plastic bag just big enough for the drink. But as far as smog goes, they are moving heaven and earth (literally). The trees they're planting are genetically engineered, related to juniper & teak. They reach full height in a few years and are specifically engineered to sequester carbon and other pollutants.

Still smoggy... but I didn't need a mask while I was there, which I would have a few years ago.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a typical Trump kneejerk. Obama did it must be bad.

Can't wait for California to tell Trump to go fuck himself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But remember we got out of the Paris Agreement because "China was doing something with coal and we were putting tons of money into it", or some shit like that, and America was still going to do stuff even out of it (of course that was a fucking lie). China still sucks at a lot of things, but at least they're moving forward in renewable energies and doing a little something while America is trying to save coal.

Of course Trumplestiltskins like @PrimaryColor will say this is awesome, because Trump said so.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

But remember we got out of the Paris Agreement because "China was doing something with coal and we were putting tons of money into it", or some shit like that, and America was still going to do stuff even out of it (of course that was a fucking lie). China still sucks at a lot of things, but at least they're moving forward in renewable energies and doing a little something while America is trying to save coal.

Of course Trumplestiltskins like @PrimaryColor will say this is awesome, because Trump said so.
    China isnt moving forward coal consumption is up and ozone is quickly becoming a problem there due to careless industry practices AND coal pollution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1K80F9

I swear people are too quick to believe state propaganda.

7+ Year Old Account

I supported environmental deregulation before Trump ran for president. But apparently you think these policy positions were invented by Trump.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well 80% of his choices have been pretty solid. From judicial appointees, environmental decisions(Paris Agreement, Keystone pipeline, EPA policies), tax cuts, ICE expansion, obliterating ISIS. There are many positives.
    Yeah, we showed the world by being the only country to not be in the Paris Agreement. Laughable.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and guess this will be bogged down in litigation for a while after they try it. I can't imagine any state standing by while the federal government takes away their ability to regulate their own emissions. But hey, it's not like California one of the biggest economies in the world, what do they know, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I supported environmental deregulation before Trump ran for president. But apparently you think these policy positions were invented by Trump.
    I should be able to pour all my used motor oil in your backyard. Fucking EPA and their regulations.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    I should be able to pour all my used motor oil in your backyard. Fucking EPA and their regulations.
    I'm talking about CO2 emission. What I support is fossil fuel and renewable technology in parallel. More of both.

I'm talking about CO2 emission. What I support is fossil fuel and renewable technology in parallel. More of both.
    Pretty sure you just support black lung and cancer.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    I see, so you have fallen victim to the politicization of climate science by the right (not just climate science of course, but all science really, I mean, they politicize evolution as part of their culture war) and downplay the impact a changing climate is going to have on our civilization?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    I see, so you have fallen victim to the politicization of climate science by the right (not just climate science of course, but all science really, I mean, they politicize evolution as part of their culture war) and downplay the impact a changing climate is going to have on our civilization?
    We'll adapt to the climate as it changes. The best pathway is to research energy production and batteries rather than push an immature industry onto the economy.