Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogues are still annoying me in bgs, I want an AoE sleet detection spell

I think I might be able to take a single rogue, but they usually gang bang me with multiple stealth. A solution to these surprises would be an on use sleet storm aura that radiated out from the frost mage and put visible material on the stealthers.

Once this happened, they could be seen visually but not targeted directly or tab targeted, but they could be hit with standard AoE to knock them out of stealth.

OP? maybe, but who cares, it would be nice to have.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

A man can dream...
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

You feel that need because clearly you do not play Arcane in PvP. If you did, you would laugh maniacally everytime a Rogue opens on you. Rogues themselves are learning very quickly to avoid Arcane mages like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    You feel that need because clearly you do not play Arcane in PvP. If you did, you would laugh maniacally everytime a Rogue opens on you. Rogues themselves are learning very quickly to avoid Arcane mages like the plague.
    I usually do better as frost because of more heavy burst combos, but I agree arcane is more of a nightmare for melee. I always run with that nether storm something or other ability that dots the enemy with AoE arcane energies, keeps them from restealthing without cooldowns, you take the arcane shield to be able to spam it, and as a consequence have regular blink by default to get out of stuns. Arcane is strongest against rogues. But... I want frost with detection too!
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I usually do better as frost because of more heavy burst combos, but I agree arcane is more of a nightmare for melee. I always run with that nether storm something or other ability that dots the enemy with AoE arcane energies, keeps them from restealthing without cooldowns, you take the arcane shield to be able to spam it, and as a consequence have regular blink by default to get out of stuns. Arcane is strongest against rogues. But... I want frost with detection too!
    I guess... you play the spec that is strong or you get destroyed?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Give your recent spurt of "I hate rogues" threads, you must have gotten your butthole widen recently by some? I suggest organized BG's or changing class, or waiting for balance to shift away from them (melee).

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Give your recent spurt of "I hate rogues" threads, you must have gotten your butthole widen recently by some? I suggest organized BG's or changing class, or waiting for balance to shift away from them (melee).
    LOL, If I waited for that, I'd have to stop playing wow entirely.

And my greater irritation comes from being gang banged by multiple cloaked melee at once that I am not aware of. You will die no matter what in those scenarios more often than not, but you can't even avoid getting near no win situations if you can't detect them.

There really isn't a counter to rogues, not melee either. My biggest problem with rogues isn't the gank part. It's the fact that they pussy out when they realise they are gonna lose, vanish and dont come back again untill all their CD's are ready again, for their 2nd attempt (if they come back at all)

I'm sure you already do, but for any other mage struggling: get the double frost nova talent; it makes all the difference in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

And they go straight for the shadow priest instead fml.

Haven't had a chance to pvp yet since patch - what about Arcane is causing rogues issues? On paper I'm not seeing it.

why not ask for free perma DH vision without the drawbacks of it

or would a simple i win button suffice?

Is Arcane Explosion not a spell all mages get anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Is Arcane Explosion not a spell all mages get anymore?
    arcane only

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Haven't had a chance to pvp yet since patch - what about Arcane is causing rogues issues? On paper I'm not seeing it.
    Their CC is basically useless against Arcane.

Every 15 seconds you can remove a Stun thanks to blink, and you can regain that blink via Displacement. Thanks to Mana Shield you can negate most of their burst, since you are not stun locked while they dish out their damage. Nether Tempest prevents them from re-stealthing without Cloak of Shadows, which they are reluctant to use because otherwise they will outright die during Arcane Power.

In addition to this, Arcane can keep them perma slowed and keep himself perma quickened thanks to Slow and Chrono Shift, enabling for the astounding ability to kite pretty much all melees, including Rogues.

Try it, it's so satisfactory it's unbelievable.

Deleted
    My man, if two - three mages cast onto you with icey veins you will die too. Ofcourse you die if several melees hit you while they're immunity spell is active. You're not supposed to outplay several players at once anymore, those times are over. It would also be highly unfair to be able to just pull stealthers out of said stealth simply by existing. I find one rogue to be managable mostly, depends on the rogue but most of them will blow everything in the opener anyways - including cloak -, fighting two of them is next to impossible if you're not a good/they're not bumbling idiots/they somehow BOTH have zero cooldowns or don't know how to move their character.

- - - Updated - - -

Every 15 seconds you can remove a Stun thanks to blink, and you can regain that blink via Displacement. Thanks to Mana Shield you can negate most of their burst, since you are not stun locked while they dish out their damage. Nether Tempest prevents them from re-stealthing without Cloak of Shadows, which they are reluctant to use because otherwise they will outright die during Arcane Power.

In addition to this, Arcane can keep them perma slowed and keep himself perma quickened thanks to Slow and Chrono Shift, enabling for the astounding ability to kite pretty much all melees, including Rogues.

I assume you run Charged Up for maximum annoyance?
    Last edited by mmoc5a0c5650aa; 2018-07-27 at 08:46 PM.

So basically you are only running into the outlaw herpaderps who think they can kill everything with killing spree, have fun running into a proper played assassin rogue.
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    So basically you are only running into the outlaw herpaderps who think they can kill everything with killing spree, have fun running into a proper played assassin rogue.
    How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Oh, i am sure that every Rogue i have faced had no idea what to do, you must be right.

On a more serious note, the intent of my post is not to state that Arcane steamrolls every Rogue it encounters. Sin Rogues have the tools to beat any class, plain and simple. But, whilst on Fire and Frost we basically have no chance whatsoever, Arcane actually provides the means to fight back, so much so that it is not unusual for our extreme survivability to mess up said Rogue's timings, giving our allies a chance to support us and forcing him to retreat or swap target for some cross CC, which is a luxury that not many classes/specs can claim to have, seeing as they are often defeated in a single well executed extended stunlock.

5+ Year Old Account
    They made all melee classes so unbalanced comparing to ranged, and some instances are still bugged. I hope they will fix it, because it’s really annoying. I feel like my mage spells are so slow to cast while the rogues, warriors and paladins are doing twice damage as me, it’s so weird.

Oh, i am sure that every Rogue i have faced had no idea what to do, you must be right.

On a more serious note, the intent of my post is not to state that Arcane steamrolls every Rogue it encounters. Sin Rogues have the tools to beat any class, plain and simple. But, whilst on Fire and Frost we basically have no chance whatsoever, Arcane actually provides the means to fight back, so much so that it is not unusual for our extreme survivability to mess up said Rogue's timings, giving our allies a chance to support us and forcing him to retreat or swap target for some cross CC, which is a luxury that not many classes/specs can claim to have, seeing as they are often defeated in a single well executed extended stunlock.
    It's also worth noting, blizzard seems to have made the choice to take something other than shimmer far more compelling. If you want extra armor with ice barrier, you have to not get shimmer in the talent tree. If you want spammable prismatic armor, no shimmer, and the result of those choices means more mages will once again have regular blink where we can break out of stuns.