Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    7.1 came out 2 months after launch if i have to wait until October for Zandalari Trolls i will to be very sad that is what i want to do as well
    Blizzard said 7.1 came out way too quickly. I agree. It made the other new launch content less relevant. They even said 8.1 will likely come later. So i suspect you will have to wait 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    This has been known for quite some time. It doesn't make sense to be able to play as a Zandalari troll at the start of the expansion...

...and travel to Zandalari in order to gain their support for the Horde?.
    This would make more sense if you didnt have to do exactly that for other allied races (like the highmountain reskin).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It's even worse for people wanting Vulpera, we don't even know WHEN they'll be an allied race this expansion.
    fixed your flaw. probably sadly at the end of it.

I know quite a few people are a little disappointed that they can't have Zandalari be their mains for this expansion and they will probably be forced to do a race change if they want them. I don't think Blizzard should introduce Allied races in .1 patches. Logistically it is a mess for people that want to decide on mains, but I guess Blizzard will make bank on race changes.

Not so much anymore since "ll have DI Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs anyway, gives me two months to play those before I have more level 20's to level for fun while leveling all my max levels to 120 as well. For the first time I'm actually going to be overwhelmed by content because I don't play like I used to and last time I played like I used to was Mists, which was content-healthy but it didn't have cool new sub-races coming out every few months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Coming from a certain viewpoint, I can understand why Blizzard would have you want to do the story up to 120 to unlock the race. I'm fine with something like that. But is anyone else disappointed that they won't be letting you unlock the race until patch 8.1, more than 2 months after initial release?

In my guild Zandalari was hands down the most anticipated race to be added, with Nightborne a close second. Most of the people I talked to said the same, and that they would be rolling one immediately. Hell, I HAD three new characters planned right from the get go for the new trolls. But this massive wait for it has killed pretty much all the enthusiasm I had for the expansion, at least on a personal level.
    Yea I had my fingers crossed for my paladin to go troll but it seems they kicked that into the ground pretty hard (until later atleast) ok sure, Zandalari troll druid it is! Oh meh, need to wait a couple of months.. sucks but still gonna race change so if I'm not willing to vote with my wallet I can't cry really about it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Fair enough. I understand where you're coming from; I suppose it doesn't help that they were a bit ambiguous in regard to the release schedule of the announced allied races until well after pre-orders were available.

I guess you can look at the bright side: Two months wait for an announced race is better than people waiting on unannounced/unconfirmed races like Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

The armor is entirely aesthetic though. Although, I will agree that leveling has become such a daunting task that a lot of people feel obligated to either boost or race change as opposed to leveling a new character; the recent nerf to leveling speed hasn't helped that either. I won't pretend to have any magic solution to that issue (but I do feel it's one Blizzard will have to address in the near future).

If I might ask, what alternatives do you feel would be acceptable?
    An elaborate quest chain to get the heritage armor? Starting the new races at a higher level, like 80? A free 120 of Zandalari with the armor already unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Coming from a certain viewpoint, I can understand why Blizzard would have you want to do the story up to 120 to unlock the race. I'm fine with something like that. But is anyone else disappointed that they won't be letting you unlock the race until patch 8.1, more than 2 months after initial release?

In my guild Zandalari was hands down the most anticipated race to be added, with Nightborne a close second. Most of the people I talked to said the same, and that they would be rolling one immediately. Hell, I HAD three new characters planned right from the get go for the new trolls. But this massive wait for it has killed pretty much all the enthusiasm I had for the expansion, at least on a personal level.
    Just out of curiosity: How many of those initially interested in Nightborne are now actually playing them? (on a scale above "no care for-the lulz- Alt").
    I ask because in my guild the initial interest in allied races died rather quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari are, so far, the only reason im looking forward to BfA.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until 2019
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I am, but moreso for Mag'har not Zandalari. I was hoping to level up and head right into BFA. Zandalari, I understand due to reputation, but we've already helped the Orcs out. Bummer.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-07-24 at 09:10 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Hopefully they add actual Nightborne before 7.1 instead of the goofy reskin.
    Has there been word on this ever happening? I was pretty hype for them until I seen the terrible models and ogre hands.

Yeah, which is why they want us to take our time unlocking them. This is how games work, you play the game and through effort, unlock cool stuff. If you don't like it, go play Candy Crush.

Exactly! I mean I remember having to wait for blood elves/drainy for months in TBC, death knights were the big thing we had to wait months for in Wrath, cata was worgens and goblins (4 or 5 months was it?) and lets not forget the fact that DH have only been playable for the past few weeks.

Wait...No, this is all wrong. My bad, ignore my post.

This whole expansion for me is a HUGE let down, I was 101% against vanilla, now that shit can't come soon enough.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    (exception of Vol following The Prophet to Pandaria, but Zul was not really leading the Zandalari, but his own cult faction).
    This has the part that has be confused - why are we ok with this guy living for so long when we meet him? after everything with MOP and the Thunder King we're like just like cool, you nearly destroyed pandaria and everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Story restriction is not an excuse. Blizzard probably still need more development time for the Zandalari Trolls. plain and simple.

Imagine playing the first 2 months of Legion without access to Demon Hunters.
    Imagine 2 months of MoP without access to Pandaren.

Sucks so hard.
    Lore is everything from the RPG standpoint of things.

I remembered the initial idea of ulocking Death Knights was that you needed to do this quest chain to save a death knight in order to be able to roll one. I loved the idea, and a lot of people were disappointed when the requirement changed. I understand the reasoning for a class to be available upon the start of expansion though as you invest into gearing that character.

When it comes to allied races, you will need to gain their trust and help them in order to be allies. If you tell the Zandalari to fuck off and handle the trolls themselves, I can understand it when they tell you to fuck off when you want to recruit one. Yes, I'd rather have my zandalari from the get go, but story wise it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    This has the part that has be confused - why are we ok with this guy living for so long when we meet him? after everything with MOP and the Thunder King we're like just like cool, you nearly destroyed pandaria and everything?
    I don't pretend to understand politics, I mean look at our current Warchief, look at BE in the Horde, look at many other things that are totally out of character for a Darkspear Troll to be ok with, but it is what it is. But in the lore it does say that Rastakahn was getting annoyed with Zul and told him to take his best ship and GTFO of Zandalar, so I don't know. I DO know that I wish I could sport a pair of tusks like his!
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    HaHAA, what a goofball you are! That is so you @Stryke of the Wolverines. So random and quirky HaHAA!
    ‘Tis a strange breed of person that invokes sarcasm, after missing it in what he’s quoted.

That might be your sole rarity.

Hold on to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    ‘Tis a strange breed of person that invokes sarcasm, after missing it in what he’s quoted.

That might be your sole rarity.

Hold on to it.
    Aye me captaino HaHAA! /holdsontoitsohard
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I am generally not really a fan of allied races. I am absolutely behind the idea that you can unlock more customization Options and/or "subraces" (variations of existing races)... but I don't think that new races should be unlocked this way. New races should be available for everyone and they should have their own dedicated starting area.

I just want my warrior to be Mag'har and my Pal to be Zandalari.

Guess I'll have to wait for this to happen ='D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Aye me captaino HaHAA! /holdsontoitsohard
    Fair do's, you've proven me wrong.

You have no rarity.

Good for you.

I look forward to your next "hilarious" mockery, styled exactly as you've been programmed.

Don't disappoint us all.