Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Holy fuck that's (almost?) worse than working 2 jobs.
    It seems rough at first, but overall a guild that kills the raid quickly with a schedule like that ends up spending LESS overall time raiding then your average 3 (or 4) day a week Mythic guild

depends on the guild

a world 500 guild expecting that is just delusional (altough I do respect the effort)

but on a top 100 guild it's completely normal.

why wouldnt you be expected to be good at at least 2 classes?

Most guilds that try to pull this alt agenda are wanna be top guilds. Split runs are dead, so the only reason for an alt is class stacking in Mythic, and unless you're top 25 world it doesn't matter, it will just take you a tad bit longer to clear the content.

We have a guy that can pick up any dps spec and parse 95%+ on even non-farm bosses with no problem. But I don't think that's normal. I think what will happen is that they will end up with a bunch of people who are ok at a lot of specs and masters at none because they'll be spread too thin. The people who can pull off these requirements and play at a very high level all around have their pick of raid groups and they're unlikely to go with a crew that's 2/11. Also, when people do all this shit they are asking and bosses do not fall over quickly the emotions can get out of control pretty quickly.

Hats off for setting the sights high but doesn't seam realistic to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes you have to be able to play several classes in a Mythic guild. I raided in a top 20 guild myself and yea...wanna play at that level u have to be able to play other classes well. I pretty much raided on every class and every spec in game on a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It seems rough at first, but overall a guild that kills the raid quickly with a schedule like that ends up spending LESS overall time raiding then your average 3 (or 4) day a week Mythic guild
    Some yes, that particular one clears quickly but then does clears on 3 - 4 toons each week (back on normal hours) however it's all farm and sales from that point netting a lot of gold etc. But some people just love that time of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Some yes, that particular one clears quickly but then does clears on 3 - 4 toons each week (back on normal hours) however it's all farm and sales from that point netting a lot of gold etc. But some people just love that time of raiding.
    I should have said progressing overall :P After that they can just make free game time and endless Hearthstone cards lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    just so you're aware, as of this posting, as a mythic raider on alliance side in EU, a world rank of between 600-800 is good enough to get 'hall of fame: ghuun' so no, they aren't a 'bunch of tryhards' as you care to put it, maybe try doing some research first before making yourself look like a twat.
    Actualy, the 100th Alliance guild that killed argus on mythic was world rank 408 (https://www.wowprogress.com/?faction...=&class=&spec= 20 guilds per page, jump 4 pages) and with hall of fame being world wide, not split by region (http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...ghuun-alliance) i'd say you'd have to probably be aiming above 500 world rank to get hall of fame on alliance, asuming numbers stay simular.

www.explosm.net

just so you're aware, as of this posting, as a mythic raider on alliance side in EU, a world rank of between 600-800 is good enough to get 'hall of fame: ghuun' so no, they aren't a 'bunch of tryhards' as you care to put it, maybe try doing some research first before making yourself look like a twat.
    I should have said Hall of Fame Horde then, if you want to be nitpicky. A top 600 guild absolutely doesn't need two geared character per DPS. Also HoF is worldwide so your region doesn't matter.

Man if your not in the world top 50 range you aren't getting your time and grinds worth. If you are then honestly you likely knew what you were getting into. If you like it do it if you don't then I guess leaving is the option.

If you are a DPS and choose to play Warlock, you are expected to master Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction and be willing to swap all specs
    OP also said that which 100% isn't limited to top 400 guilds, it's a pretty normal expectations for Mythic raiding. That if you play a pure DPS class that you're capable of playing other specs. Legion pre patch had a huge influx of Demonolgy warlocks as their damage was amazing. That quickly changed on release with seeing mostly Destro a little Demo until NH when Affi got amazing buffs and reigned supreme over all specs.

If someone chose Demo you would expect your lock to be switching to play Affi where it mattered and be competent at it (Fights like Coven for example). Otherwise they would likely slowly get phased out through recruitment.

Playing your main characters specs, all of them, should come as a no brainer if you raid mythic top 500. Some forgiveness if your class has tank/heal/dps (melee or ranged) so your offspecs are completely different roles, that said it really shouldn't be a "I can't play that" thing- there's a difference between not having a clue to just not being perfect at it.

As for having "two mains", outside top 100 I'd say it's pointless to have it as a requirement. You'll run into other problems way before stacking certain specs becomes a massive benefit, when I raided the most we did have 2 alts as a requirement for split run purposes but it wasn't required to be flawless on them.

And this isn't really a big demand, I've seen guilds who demand 5 alts for split runs and everyone should contribute at least 1 tank or healer so guild dungeon groups would go easily.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    I don't raid in this guild, but they just posted their requirements. Is this normal for most mythic guilds? Having to master two classes including all DPS specs if you prefer DPS?

"In BFA, everyone is expected to play and master two classes. Mains must be chosen by July 30th. Please inform an officer of your choice at your earliest convenience. Example: If you are a DPS and choose to play Shaman and Warlock, you are expected to master Elemental, Enhance, Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction and be willing to swap all specs across your two classes within your roles (when rolling for loot your current spec will be considered your MS)."

Like I said I don't raid, I just thought this was extreme, even for Mythic. They didn't have this requirement in Legion and it went well. I'm afraid this may turn off a lot of people.

What do you all think? Necessary or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    That is very typical for a very top-end Mythic guild. They appear to be pushing content aggressively and want their raiders to be multi-faceted. It is extreme, for an extreme progression guild. Perhaps the requirements changed from Legion because they had a problem in Legion. I feel like these questions you're asking are very much motivated by something, and you're doing your best to play coy.

Not all Mythic guilds operate this way.

Who are we to say what is necessary or not? It's their guild, and if you have no plans on joining, it's really none of your business what they require. Their guild, their rules.
    That is generally the requirements for top end guilds though standard mythic guilds don't have that high of requirements.

The one I am in I am only supposed to have 1 class and keep my dps off-spec viable.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joranjopie View Post
    Actualy, the 100th Alliance guild that killed argus on mythic was world rank 408 (https://www.wowprogress.com/?faction...=&class=&spec= 20 guilds per page, jump 4 pages) and with hall of fame being world wide, not split by region (http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...ghuun-alliance) i'd say you'd have to probably be aiming above 500 world rank to get hall of fame on alliance, asuming numbers stay simular.
    out of the top 100 guilds from antorus, only 5 are still alliance, all the rest went horde, extrapolate that out to the top 1000 where there's less than 200 alliance guilds currently with the vast majority swapping to horde over the last few months in preparation for BFA.

just so you're aware, as of this posting, as a mythic raider on alliance side in EU, a world rank of between 600-800 is good enough to get 'hall of fame: ghuun'.
    Unfortunately that is not true. Hall of Fame is the top 100 Horde and top 100 Alliance WORLDWIDE. Therefore, a top 500-1000 guild has no chance at it. They would get cutting edge, assuming they finish before the next patch, but not Hall of Fame.
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...ghuun-alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    Unfortunately that is not true. Hall of Fame is the top 100 Horde and top 100 Alliance WORLDWIDE. Therefore, a top 500-1000 guild has no chance at it. They would get cutting edge, assuming they finish before the next patch, but not Hall of Fame.
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/achievement=1...ghuun-alliance
    since you're the third person that has quoted this part of my post, i'm guessing english isn't your first language as reading comprehension is lacking, i'm fully aware that hall of fame is a worldwide thing, perhaps i should have stated in exact specifics instead of using the words i did, i meant that i am a mythic raider in the EU on alliance, and if i wanted hall of fame i would simply need to reach ~700 world rank for the tier as things stand right now.

Unless there aim is to be in the top 10(at most top 20) those requirements are over the top.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I don't raid in this guild, but they just posted their requirements. Is this normal for most mythic guilds? Having to master two classes including all DPS specs if you prefer DPS?

"In BFA, everyone is expected to play and master two classes. Mains must be chosen by July 30th. Please inform an officer of your choice at your earliest convenience. Example: If you are a DPS and choose to play Shaman and Warlock, you are expected to master Elemental, Enhance, Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction and be willing to swap all specs across your two classes within your roles (when rolling for loot your current spec will be considered your MS)."

Like I said I don't raid, I just thought this was extreme, even for Mythic. They didn't have this requirement in Legion and it went well. I'm afraid this may turn off a lot of people.

Why is this extreme?

What they say is "We don't want to spend 6 months to clear, if our raid setup is not optimal and maybe the classes are undertuned. We rather want to spend 2 months, as we have classes that can squeeze the fights".

You need to have a strategy. And this is a bare minimum(if you aim for top 10, you most likely play 3 or 4 classes, so you can perform the best per fight and pull up some crazy raid setup).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-07-25 at 09:04 AM.

You can do mythic raids with a casual guild which raids 2 or 3/7 days a week... of course you won't get ream/region first. I got the achivement for killing Xavius MM before Nighthold... I don't ask for more. That guild was raiding 2 days/week + 1 "bonus day" if enough ppl
    I'll never join a guild who forces me to reroll or even change specs...

Try harding with a lot of alts is NOT new and its NOT fun. Nefarian first kill (cata) was done with 25 DROODs, yep 25 droods...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-07-25 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    depends on the guild

a world 500 guild expecting that is just delusional (altough I do respect the effort)

but on a top 100 guild it's completely normal.

why wouldnt you be expected to be good at at least 2 classes?
    I wouldn't say normal... I bounced between some pretty high up there guilds the top being world 7th and they only asked for one class. Though it is always a arms race and I haven't raided at that level since mop so it could of easily changed but for anything under a top 30 that seems a bit extreme.