Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Scaling doesn't magically become exponential after being deliberately changed to be linear. But OK, we'll see what happens a year from now.
    Did not know about it being changed that way, would be stupid if it doesn't increase enough throughout the expansion though. So guess we'll indeed wait and see what happens!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Did not know about it being changed that way, would be stupid if it doesn't increase enough throughout the expansion though. So guess we'll indeed wait and see what happens!
    People have told you in this very thread on numerous occasions that secondary stat scaling had been changed and to look at graphs.

survival hunter is the only class that ive played and genuinely liked

Deleted
    I leveled my hunter on beta and I must say maybe BfA will be the best addon ever released (except bugs). I play since Vanilla raided Naxx etc played every addon (Wod only in beginning and end).

People have told you in this very thread on numerous occasions that secondary stat scaling had been changed and to look at graphs.
    People said shit about graphs, not what the actual crucial change was. If anyone would've said they changed the stat growth from exponential to linear I would've understood that right away.

Is Jaylock banned? There is no way the OP isn't him.

I'd say mods should check IP's, but only on MMO-C can a troll thread make it 7 pages (so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say as a healer the pre-patch has been fantastic. You actually have to pay attention and use your spells/CDs wisely. I've been healing H/M0/LFR as elemental for half the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Scaling doesn't magically become exponential after being deliberately changed to be linear. But OK, we'll see what happens a year from now.
    It entirely depends on the base starting point and the rate at which we gain stats. Exponential scaling just brings us to a point every expansion where dungeon bosses die in under 10 seconds. Linear scaling will work fine if they implement it properly.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naid View Post
    I leveled my hunter on beta and I must say maybe BfA will be the best addon ever released (except bugs). I play since Vanilla raided Naxx etc played every addon (Wod only in beginning and end).
    Played since vanilla : calls the expansions, addons.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    troll post reaches 7 pages...

I agree, it's fun trying out some of the new talents as well.

Your opinion does not match that of the vocal whingers, so please stop posting it!

I am really enjoying some classes and specs i haven't enjoyed for YEARS. but that is 100% subjective.
    The specs i "hate" are hte minority though, and overall im happy with the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    troll post reaches 7 pages...
    Opinion is different to my cry baby complaining - must be troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Opinion is different to my cry baby complaining - must be troll.
    Right? The community does not want you to enjoy the game. If your opinion is that the game is good, you're labelled a troll. wtf is with that rhetoric lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Right? The community does not want you to enjoy the game. If your opinion is that the game is good, you're labelled a troll. wtf is with that rhetoric lol
    It seems the desire to be seen as a victim extends even into gaming. People see a popular narrative, and just blindly jump on the bandwagon. I would argue many of the ppl parroting about how bad ele shammies are, or how bad fury is, have never touched either spec, possibly not even the class.

I find it really hard to understand why so many people want so desperately to feel hard done by, but its a sad reality we live with now. People want to be outraged and furious over the most trivial things. The fury warrior changes are the perfect example of this - when the changes first occured, there was nothing but outrage. Page after page of 'hardcore' players just devistated by the gcd and class changes, and how bad the spec was. No amount of 'calm down, its early days, try to see the bigger picture' would work at all. It was the end of the world, blizzard had ruined warriors forever, ruined fury forever, ruined wow, and in turn, ruined there life.

Fast forward to pre patch, fury is in a really good place enjoyment wise, and overall is considered a really good spec. do you see page after page of these same ppl saying "hey guys, we were wrong, they fixed it! its great now!" no, not a chance.

Feels good to play wow on a tablet.

Anyways, OP is trolling.

Also, if you enjoy playing shaman, you're insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It seems the desire to be seen as a victim extends even into gaming. People see a popular narrative, and just blindly jump on the bandwagon. I would argue many of the ppl parroting about how bad ele shammies are, or how bad fury is, have never touched either spec, possibly not even the class.
    You, sir, sure know a thing or two about irony, considering I have yet to see a fury bash post. This makes the rest of your rant the epitome of irony. Joke's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    For the 1st time in as far as i can remember all of the classes feel really good. Way better than before the patch.
    The only way this is true is if you're a clicker and keyboard turning. Classes are more dumbed down than ever and a monkey could play most of them with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

relax people, he's probably elemental shaman
    buffed to the sky
    owning everything he sees (every critter rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    You, sir, sure know a thing or two about irony, considering I have yet to see a fury bash post. This makes the rest of your rant the epitome of irony. Joke's on you.
    So you are claiming that when the GCD changes first came in, Fury was never mentioned? was not used by both players AND blizzard themselves as an example of the impact of the changes? you are dreaming kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The only way this is true is if you're a clicker and keyboard turning. Classes are more dumbed down than ever and a monkey could play most of them with ease.
    This is just try-hard elitist garbage from a try-hard elitist. There are classes that have had abilities removed, and some that have maintained the same complexity, and some that have added complexity for those who wish to pursue it. What is not clear, and what is REALLY important, is if the more complex iterations of a spec will reward the player with higher throughput. One of the biggest issues with dps classes in particular is when the very simple version of the spec performs almost as well as the most complex version of the spec - ie skill floor, and skill ceiling. BM hunter is the usual suspect here, with a skill floor and ceiling VERY close to each other, and overall, quite low when compared to other specs. This wouldn't be the end of the world if its performance was further down the pack, but at certain points throughout legion, this was far from the case.

Using a straw-man argument to belittle someones opinion isn't helping your argument, it just makes it look soft. But you are coming from a tough position - usually to produce a strong argument you would put forward some objective examples of specs that have had a drastic reduction in complexity. However in this case, that is almost impossible, as someone will just link various specs with added complexity, or even the same class with a different, more complex spec. The obvious comeback to that is "yeah but that spec does bad dps!!" which is again a fare argument, but not for the case you are trying to put forward. Instead, that comes down to an issue of tuning.

My opinion is most specs should have an 'easy mode' to get people into the spec and starting to play it. As they grow and improve as a player (for some a few hours, others a few days, others might take weeks) they can add complexity to the spec, and directly be rewarded with an improvement in performance. This is not always the case, and THAT, in my opinion, is the issue - simple versions of specs performing too well, and complex iterations of the spec not being rewarded with appropriate increase in throughput.

PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
    I love that someone can have a positive opinion about something and still be called a troll. The times we live in...
    Not really positive if it's just meant to stir up shit and isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Feels good to play wow on a tablet.

Anyways, OP is trolling.

Also, if you enjoy playing shaman, you're insane.
    So anyone with a different opinion to your is insane? i think that attitude is pretty insane, and quite childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not really positive if it's just meant to stir up shit and isn't true.
    How can someone be 'wrong' about enjoying something?