Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Fuck, doing Chains of Harrow...I'm scared.
    Rap tap tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Rap tap tap.
    I wish they'd kept the quest intro thing from happening until after you close the Codex; by the time I did that, the effect was almost over.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Any good youtube channels for this game? I've been playing a shit ton, 64 hours played according to steam, so I'm out of the noobie phase and trying to figure out if there's more I should know now that I'm this far into the game. Most of the youtube videos that have been popping up in my recommended feed are all for people just beginning the game. It also seems like things change a lot, so when I'm looking for info or a video if its over a year old I feel like I have to just skip past it. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any youtubers that are still making relevant videos with deeper content than explaining what a warframe is?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Any good youtube channels for this game? I've been playing a shit ton, 64 hours played according to steam, so I'm out of the noobie phase and trying to figure out if there's more I should know now that I'm this far into the game. Most of the youtube videos that have been popping up in my recommended feed are all for people just beginning the game. It also seems like things change a lot, so when I'm looking for info or a video if its over a year old I feel like I have to just skip past it. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any youtubers that are still making relevant videos with deeper content than explaining what a warframe is?
    While I generally avoid Youtubers myself, there are a few Warframe players that have good and helpful channels I would recommend.

Mogamu immediately comes to mind, veteran player who has tons of videos and streams about Warframe.

QuiteShallow(quietteShy) also comes to mind, they show some builds, mix comedy, and review weapons. They do use a text to speech app, however, and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

DKDiamantes also does builds, often doing endgame build showcasing among other things.

To add: The Warframe Handbook

This is a labor of love by a member of the community, with plenty of community input to keep the contents relevant, up to date, and helpful for new and veteran players alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    While I generally avoid Youtubers myself, there are a few Warframe players that have good and helpful channels I would recommend.

Mogamu immediately comes to mind, veteran player who has tons of videos and streams about Warframe.

QuiteShallow(quietteShy) also comes to mind, they show some builds, mix comedy, and review weapons. They do use a text to speech app, however, and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

DKDiamantes also does builds, often doing endgame build showcasing among other things.
    I don't this game tutorial system is lacking. Coming back after missing an update or two can really sucks because of the amount new features you need to learn about but it's still really good content for the money spent.

A better tutorial system could help with that a lot.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I don't this game tutorial system is lacking. Coming back after missing an update or two can really sucks because of the amount new features you need to learn about but it's still really good content for the money spent.
    Yeah, Steve touched on this in an old interview.
    With how much they keep stacking on the game, new features, new systems, changes to everything.
    They kind of understood the community would need to be the providers, as the tutorials would have to change every year to try and keep up with DE's features.
    They recognize it is a problem, but don't feel too pressed to keep updating the tutorial.

The Warframe Wiki and the Warframe Handbook(I added this to my previous post in an edit) are both great.

Handbook is the best for quick access to a question about what you may have missed, or need to brush up on something.

Warframe Wiki will dive into the content much more and lay it out in a very informative fashion.

Edit:

It's why I normally ask people to add me as a friend, so I can aid them if they have any questions about the game.
    The community is usually quite good at being helpful though, Regional chat might have memes and silly discussion, but you will likely get an answer to any question. Or even an offer to help by inviting you and doing the mission/unlocks with you.

Thanks again Six. My biggest thing right now is I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to make my character stronger. I'm on Europa and I wouldn't say the content is difficult, but I'm definitely starting to feel a lot squishier on my Ember now, and I'm also seeing more people dying in my groups.

I had some flawed/damaged yellow mods I've been using for a while and I finally got a non-damaged Intensify mod by spamming one of the excavator missions, so I learned certain mods can only be acquired from things like the 3rd wave of an excavation mission.

I've got a catalyst in my primary and melee weapon now, and I'm using a forma every once in a while. I guess I just need to figure out what mods could be useful for me and if they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Thanks again Six. My biggest thing right now is I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to make my character stronger. I'm on Europa and I wouldn't say the content is difficult, but I'm definitely starting to feel a lot squishier on my Ember now, and I'm also seeing more people dying in my groups.

I had some flawed/damaged yellow mods I've been using for a while and I finally got a non-damaged Intensify mod by spamming one of the excavator missions, so I learned certain mods can only be acquired from things like the 3rd wave of an excavation mission.

I've got a catalyst in my primary and melee weapon now, and I'm using a forma every once in a while. I guess I just need to figure out what mods could be useful for me and if they're available.
    Catalysts and a Reactor are great, and getting non-damaged mods will be a good boon to your character power.

There's also some unique mods that you may not have encountered yet.

Dual Stat mods(sometimes referred to as Nightmare) are found in either Nightmare missions(unique time-sensitive missions you'll find on the star chart) or through certain missions as a special reward.
    -These mods have two positive stats together.
    -Ex. Vigor. which has Health/Shield Capacity and stacks with Redirection/Vitality.

Corrupted mods are found in Derelict missions and you have to have a Vault key equipped and find the vault on the map(and have the matching vault key).
    -These mods have a positive and negative value. The positive is stronger than a normal mod, at the cost of losing out on another stat.
    - Ex. Blind Rage: Increase Power Strength, Lose Power Efficiency
    - Ex. Transient Fortitude: Increase Power Strength, Lose Power Duration

There is also Exilus Mods, and the Drift ones in particular offer power boosts. Drifts are found in Orokin Moon(Lua) tile sets where a puzzle is present.
    -These mods provide a utility bonus and a power bonus.
    -Ex. Power Drift: Increases Power Strength and Knockdown Resistance.
    -Side Note: Drift mod farming is best done in a group, as some of the puzzles require multiple players.

Finding or creating a great build utilizing all of these mods will help immensely in improving your character's power and survival.

Started 2 days ago, got excalibur and trinity prime to 30, now building rhino and got to Uranus hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Started 2 days ago, got excalibur and trinity prime to 30, now building rhino and got to Uranus hehe.
    Can't wait for your reaction to the cinematic questline (starts with Natah). Don't research anything. Just scan an Orokin drone (random spawn) in the sealab tileset on Uranus to start the questline. You'll know that there is a drone nearby when Lotus tells you that her sensors are having problems or going dark. DON'T RESEARCH ANYTHING ABOUT THE WARFRAME QUESTLINE UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Can't wait for your reaction to the cinematic questline (starts with Natah). Don't research anything. Just scan an Orokin drone (random spawn) in the sealab tileset on Uranus to start the questline. You'll know that there is a drone nearby when Lotus tells you that her sensors are having problems or going dark. DON'T RESEARCH ANYTHING ABOUT THE WARFRAME QUESTLINE UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS!!!
    correction: NEVER RESEARCH QUESTLINES.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    correction: NEVER RESEARCH QUESTLINES.
    Only when I'm absolutely stuck lol

Like the first time you have to use the synthesis scanner. I had no idea I was even given a new scanner. I messed around with that shit for too long.

Then last night I met a guy that was doing the same quest and he asked for my help. He did the same thing I did and couldn't figure out how to progress. I joined his mission and walked him through it. Neither of us would have figured that shit out on our own.

I gotta be honest i'm kinda digging this whole "relics come from the void" thing they have now. I can just turn my brain off and chain run 1.00 - 1.15 capture missions. I'ts fantastic.

Question: i'm goign to unlock the Phobos junction but i still miss the "scan 3 things on mars". HOW DO I SCAN THIGS?? XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Question: i'm goign to unlock the Phobos junction but i still miss the "scan 3 things on mars". HOW DO I SCAN THIGS?? XD
    You meed to buy scanners from the market orr from the cephalon simaris(his give rep) then equip them under gear.

Use it like a weapon to scan blue thingies orr get a helios and he will auto scan

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You meed to buy scanners from the market orr from the cephalon simaris(his give rep) then equip them under gear.

Use it like a weapon to scan blue thingies orr get a helios and he will auto scan
    Ok. I have 50 scanners and i equipped them, so now i just need to find the stuff to actually scan - do an "interact" option appear when i'm near one?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Open the item wheel (Q) and select the scanner, then just point and scan.

You can also use Helios, it will scan shit for you.
    Don't use Helios before you get the infinite charges widget from Simaris; it gets expensive early on when that fucker scans everything.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Don't use Helios before you get the infinite charges widget from Simaris; it gets expensive early on when that fucker scans everything.
    OK, i was checking where to buy the blueprint and found that aswell - so i was wondering how to make it less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    OK, i was checking where to buy the blueprint and found that aswell - so i was wondering how to make it less expensive.
    Only use your charges on the personal targets. Once you've got that widget, you don't even need to buy traps because you can just brute-force the scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I gotta be honest i'm kinda digging this whole "relics come from the void" thing they have now. I can just turn my brain off and chain run 1.00 - 1.15 capture missions. I'ts fantastic.
    Oh shit, is that how the Rhino/Nyx Prime stuff is working? Interesting.

I will be swimming in argon over the next week.