Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    For Kul'Tirans, sure(Daelin was a Paladin in War3, prob most for gameplay purposes though). For Zandalari they would have to give a very good explanation as to why they suddenly know of the Light and how to wierld it.
    Daelin was not a paladin, there was a single paladin unit to give the Kul Tirans a healer hero, Daelin was a Lord Admiral, a unit unique to him, and used all water based abilities. They also had a Mountain King, and Archmage, and many dwarven units. That was just a generic paladin, who's existence is essentially no longer canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Zandalari Paladins are coming, it's been all but confirmed by Ion Hazzikostas himself.
    I might be out of date, but didn’t he basically something to likes of “we will see where the story goes”. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t call it confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I might be out of date, but didn’t basically something to likes of “we will see where the story goes”. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t call it confirmation
    Having the lead developer tease "the story might lead to Zandalari Paladins" and then having it not come true would be too major of a cocktease for Blizzard to even consider it, given the absolutely rabid fanbase they have.

Kul Tiran paladins make a lot of sense. Kul Tiran shaman on the other hand honestly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    To me it is simple... Either Blizzard unlocks every class for every race and be done with these threads and wishes.
    Or just continue with the current theme. Which is: humans get paladins. Which means every human race (and yes that means worgens too) should have the option to play a paladin.
    Trolls on the other hand, not so much. I get that some people are excited about it. It is just something that should not happen really. Maybe I am too old skool and brainwashed by Dungeons and Dragons... Then again... there are already many races that have the paladin class which they should not imo. So I am actually more for option 1. Just give every race everything.
    They killed that idea off with Blood elf and Tauren Paladins

Also dwarves have been Paladins since the beginning, so it was never human only

I'm glad they do it this way, makes it feel like there's still some RPG in this RPG. Zandalari Paladins are more likely than Kul Tiran Paladins, since they're basically confirmed already.
    Seeing the class icons grey out when you're first making a character like, "Oops, too bad you wanted THAT option, it just didn't line up with what WE wanted." Like, wee... fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Kul Tiran paladins make a lot of sense. Kul Tiran shaman on the other hand honestly don't.
    Have you played the zones, at all?

Kul Tirans worship the sea, and their version of priests and paladins are tidesages. Said tidesages ask their goddess, the Tidemother for the elements, mainly water and lightning, but they have been seen using all four. Kul Tiran shamans already exist, where Kul Tiran paladins would be a retcon from the same expansion of lore. If they do that, they do that, but it's unlikely they'll do that.

Having the lead developer tease "the story might lead to Zandalari Paladins" and then having it not come true would be too major of a cocktease for Blizzard to even consider it, given the absolutely rabid fanbase they have.
    I’m not trying to be adversarial to your position, but it sounds just like typical Blizzard vagueness so they can dodge answering. I think people will be upset if they take that as conformation

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Have you played the zones, at all?

Kul Tirans worship the sea, and their version of priests and paladins are tidesages. Said tidesages ask their goddess, the Tidemother for the elements, mainly water and lightning, but they have been seen using all four. Kul Tiran shamans already exist, where Kul Tiran paladins would be a retcon from the same expansion of lore. If they do that, they do that, but it's unlikely they'll do that.
    Yeah but Tide sages are still mostly portrayed as priests.

They wear clothes, wielding staves, bells and lanters. Not Axes, shields, and maces ready for direct combat.
    They Talk like catholic priests during the mass
    They bless stuff and pray, but at the same times aren't ever portrayed as stury melee fighters that dive in to rage at times.
    They reached out to void with their sea worship and we saw them growing tentacles.

So if anything they're like priest with resto shaman specc instead of holy (light).

With that being said I wouldn't make a big deal if they'd be released with shaman class. Tide Sages are in itself interesting but I don't think they are in essence shaman equivalent. I hope i make sense.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    They killed that idea off with Blood elf and Tauren Paladins

Also dwarves have been Paladins since the beginning, so it was never human only
    No I know that. We were talking about Kultiran thingies... being human. So I ran with that. Obviously dwarves can be and should imo be paladins.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm glad they do it this way, makes it feel like there's still some RPG in this RPG. Zandalari Paladins are more likely than Kul Tiran Paladins, since they're basically confirmed already.
    More rpg eh? Funny that, since the original rpg (d&d) did away with race-class restriction almost 20 years ago...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Seeing the class icons grey out when you're first making a character like, "Oops, too bad you wanted THAT option, it just didn't line up with what WE wanted." Like, wee... fun...
    Yes. RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I’m not trying to be adversarial to your position, but it sounds just like typical Blizzard vagueness so they can dodge answering. I think people will be upset if they take that as conformation
    That's usually "no plans right now" - ie saying no but having an option for yes. The answer they gave is the reverse, and a childish playerbase isn't going to accept that and Blizzard is fully aware.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    For Kul'Tirans, sure(Daelin was a Paladin in War3, prob most for gameplay purposes though). For Zandalari they would have to give a very good explanation as to why they suddenly know of the Light and how to wierld it.
    He wasn't. His class said paladin, but his abilities were all storm and water ones, such as forked lightning and summon sea elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    More rpg eh? Funny that, since the original rpg (d&d) did away with race-class restriction almost 20 years ago...
    And D&D is the only possible RPG? Taurens being Rogues would make sense because D&D doesn't have race-class restrictions? Ok

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    And D&D is the only possible RPG? Taurens being Rogues would make sense because D&D doesn't have race-class restrictions? Ok
    I said "the original", not the only one... And there are plenty of Grimtotem Tauren rogue npcs through out the game, and plenty of tauren pirates....

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    That said, humans having paladins is like water being wet. I'm not worried about Kul'Tirans having Paladins.
    The human tribe most closely related to the Kul Tirans does not have Paladins, and they've been playable for years. So, basically, you're saying water isn't always wet.

Zandalari prelates already do exist, and it’s not really sudden either. There were clear examples in ToT, using “Seal of the Loa” and “Light of the Loa.” Their story is explained in the Zandalar questing experience for Horde, and has quite a bit of depth. There was also a map entitled “8.1 raid” or something that suggested a continuation of that storyline. Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=284001/p...-zuldazar-raid

On the Q&A quote, if Zandalari paladins we’re going to remain unplayable for the story of the expansion, Ion had no reason to hold back and say that he wasn’t going to spoil the story after already spoiling the fact that their connection to the light was “interrupted.” I think it’s also worth mentioning that interruptions are by definition temporary.
    Last edited by protip; 2018-07-25 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I said "the original", not the only one... And there are plenty of Grimtotem Tauren rogue npcs through out the game, and plenty of tauren pirates....
    Yes and "the original" is a non-argument, so I assumed you meant something more akin to "the only one" since otherwise you're not even making an argument. It's more RPG to have limitations to the races as to what classes they can be. Especially when you have so many.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Worgen can't and Kul'tirans are even further from the light. Kul'tirans worship the sea.
    Worgens probably might be paladins but due to lore it would atleast make sense for them to not be be. Yea sure a lot of people wanted to be furry paladins but not whole lot of people would be excited to see them being paladins through. I guess nobody is interest in wolf holy knights. Through I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well of course Zandalari Deserves paladin class. They look fantastic, they have theme and background to fully support it.

And tbh I like more idea of Kul'Tiran Paladin than Shaman as I feel that giving human both druid and shaman class is a bit too much. But we have to see how it will go.
    Yea! Aztec Skull Knights!

Also I do agree. It is bit too much for the Kul'tirans to be both Druid and Shaman. So Paladin and Druid is good enough for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No more Paladins. And no Troll Paladins.
    Never say no to more Paladin options. Just like original Elven races but I don't want to get into that topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    Well it does look really nice. Through I do agree with Ramz here. Giving Kul'tirans both the druid and shaman is bit too much. I mean wouldn't mind them being shamans I much would rather be pally than another shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I love the idea of Kul Tiran paladins! Sign me up!
    Me too!
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and "the original" is a non-argument, so I assumed you meant something more akin to "the only one" since otherwise you're not even making an argument. It's more RPG to have limitations to the races as to what classes they can be. Especially when you have so many.
    My point is: you are wrong.