Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

"wtf blizz darkshore replaced my artefact?!?"

So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

While getting very upset that they have to.

So what were these people expecting to happen?

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably to get to use it, full power, until an eventual blue/purple replacement in the 105+ range.

I dunno, people are often surprised by big changes.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Yeah and people replaced their Thunderfury and Altiesh with some green back in BC... Same for all legendaries...artefact or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Editing because I’m getting tired of people quoting me days later to tell me the rewards were always 210 (they were not). I understand the WQ rewards are now 210. They were 190 on US realms when they first went live and I completed them. They were bumped to 195 about an hour later when I ran through on an alt. After that they jumped them up to 210.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2018-07-29 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Ugh

i'm not upset about it, but i figured they would last at least until 111.

not pre patch.

but oh well, stats!

Replaced Doomhammer with an ilevel 220 oh and 210 mh fist pair. Couldn't be happier.

Deleted
    Remember when Plate wears created a rune axe to rival Frostmourne. Those are now sitting in a bank somewhere. This happens every expansion. Like complaining your now longer max level dispite putting all that effort into reaching it.

Deleted
    I hadn't raided since nighthold & tomb, so I was pleasantly surprised.
    no complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I can see its possible you replaced it if you were a fresh 110, but the WQ reward is only a base 190/195. If you luck out with a titanforge, good for you. I just got a couple transmogs out of it because even my very rarely played alt still had a better artifact than 195.
    I was getting 210 weapons out of the WQ base

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

Eh, I personally haven't seen Ashbringer all expansion. First thing I did after leaving the scenario was turn it into a polearm. Haven't see it since.

Just tell them to Tmog it back into their precious sword. They'll get over it. Thus is the nature of an RPG; shit progresses or it dies. You either progress with it, or you get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I can see its possible you replaced it if you were a fresh 110, but the WQ reward is only a base 190/195. If you luck out with a titanforge, good for you. I just got a couple transmogs out of it because even my very rarely played alt still had a better artifact than 195.
    Darkshores WQ base ilvl is 210.

Exactly what I expected to happened did. Blizzard took the exact same system... re-skinned it as an artifact necklace and gear pieces... and sold it as "new content". Nothing new or exciting in this expansion.

Now here is what I expect for BfA... faster than any other expansion in history of WoW, people are going to get to endgame and realize that it feels EXACTLY like Legion and get bored. 3 months tops and the subs will tank to the lowest since Vanilla.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Especially since Blizzard said, even before Legion launched, that the artifacts for for Legion only.

Is this your first expansion, or your friends first expansion? Because this happens literally every time a new xpac comes out. It is the nature of the game and MMOs in general. Dont get too attached to any of your gear because there is always going to be something better to go after. Do you just miss the golden-yellow boarder or what, an upgrade is an upgrade regardless if you like the color it comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I was getting 210 weapons out of the WQ base
    Same here. Was genuinely surprised to almost replace Titanstrike and Talonclaw from those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i'm not upset about it, but i figured they would last at least until 111.

not pre patch.

but oh well, stats!
    If you raided you won't be replacing your artifact as it will be higher then 210.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Darkshores WQ base ilvl is 210.
    The main page post needs to be updated in that case. Cause it shows the base ilvl to be 190

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    The main page post needs to be updated in that case. Cause it shows the base ilvl to be 190
    It was 190 during testing. Its 210 on live (because 190 would be lower then Argus gear).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

Your friends need to pay attention more. They said literally from the first day that Artifacts would be a Legion thing, much like Garrisons/farms were WoD/Mists.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If you raided you won't be replacing your artifact as it will be higher then 210.
    right, i raided normals casually and did weeklys that gave gear. my main's weapon was a 980 something before the squish, now a 218 i think. just kind of a bummer.

casuals can have opinions too, blizzard said so.