Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post

Cause you overloaded with the energy from that big ass sword.

Feed too much energy into a device and it pops.
    Yeah but where is that quest where you interact with the sword? I didn't get it, only saw some data-mined video.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

While getting very upset that they have to.

So what were these people expecting to happen?
    I knew it was going to happen, but I'm still upset that the cosmetic effects don't carry over to the transmog versions. My sheep staff screaming, my ashbringer ash-ifying, etc.

Not to mention the three sentient weapons and the Hati pet, all of which are being rightly mourned.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm still rocking a 152 polearm artifact on my Survival Hunter because I got World Quests for two guns instead...
    You should get a 180 level weapon from the Undercity event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I can see its possible you replaced it if you were a fresh 110, but the WQ reward is only a base 190/195. If you luck out with a titanforge, good for you. I just got a couple transmogs out of it because even my very rarely played alt still had a better artifact than 195.

Edit: Apparently Blizzard has changed the base item level after I did the WQs on my main and one alt yesterday. Lucky me. That means that alt might have been able to use the 2 weapons I got and vendored.
    The change wasn't retroactive. Any gear that was awarded at 190/195 stayed as such.

If the Darkshore weapons replace your artifact, your artifact was pretty low ilevel in the first place(or you got a huge titanforge). Not really a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I knew it was going to happen, but I'm still upset that the cosmetic effects don't carry over to the transmog versions. My sheep staff screaming, my ashbringer ash-ifying, etc.

Not to mention the three sentient weapons and the Hati pet, all of which are being rightly mourned.
    Hati won't be mourned. Utterly braindead piece of crap pet.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well if that happened the weapon was dog shit or the new one TF like crazy. Remember the good ole days when people were happy to get rid of shitty gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Sure it replaces the weapon if the ilvl and stats are better. But you can raise the ilvl of the Artifact, at the VERY least, by using relics. It was going to get replaced shortly into the expansion for most people that didn't raid Heroic. That happens at some point in every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually happy about this, chasing relic upgrades is a pain in the ass versus just one weapon upgrade, and the regular weapons can be transmogged to any unlocked artifact appearances for that spec/class that you have, so on my alts replacing their artifacts means getting to use appearances from my mains. Awesome!

And screw the way Blizzard squished relics, my two highest artifacts on my highest item level character are now my two lowest item level artifacts and her two lowest are significantly higher than her formerly highest. The relics got their item levels all out of whack with the squish. So my resto druid with a slightly lower balance artifact now has way higher level bear and cat artifacts than she does her main specs, and I never use the cat or bear ones >.> Good riddance to relics.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2018-07-25 at 09:18 PM.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the beta, this gear is quite a few ilvls higher then stuff you'll get right away, and sources seem to indicated this is a limited time event, a catch up/jump ahead source of a gear for players activlely playing during the prepatch. If it's the highest you have, it's probably gonna last quite a few levels before it gets replaced. If your current gear is better, it's gonna be even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You should get a 180 level weapon from the Undercity event.
    They'll get a polearm by that point lol, but stands to wonder if they'll raise the iLvl of the quest weapon.

Well now that the Artifact is a Stat stick... yes it's quite possible to replace it in Darkshore... Titanforging dependent. So far I've seen up to a 240, now I know that 985 was the TF cap in Antorus, and that got squished to 265, so... it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Well now that the Artifact is a Stat stick... yes it's quite possible to replace it in Darkshore... Titanforging dependent. So far I've seen up to a 240, now I know that 985 was the TF cap in Antorus, and that got squished to 265, so... it's possible.
    I just got a 250! =)
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They'll get a polearm by that point lol, but stands to wonder if they'll raise the iLvl of the quest weapon.
    Assuming the World Quests are temporary? Doubtful. Them being higher is a reward for playing now during a limited time event while the quest weapon is there for fresh 110s that didn't do any legion post game at all.

Deleted
    I have seen things titanforge from the WQs up to the 260 range, so even mythic raiders can in theory get upgrades.

Deleted
    good riddance fucking sick of fist weapons on my monk,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm seeing this a lot today and i don't know what people expected. When Legion was announced i had friends going crazy about the whole 'and you get an ashbringer' deal. But i said 'think about it, you can't keep it forever so you know its going to be depowered at the end and replaced with a quest green'. Which naturally lead to the usual 'dont be a cynical hater troll' you get with some people nowadays but that was that.

Now Legions over, of course they depowered the weapons and a lot of people that didnt chase raiding or mythic+ are replacing their artefact with something marginally better.

While getting very upset that they have to.

So what were these people expecting to happen?
    Your artifact weapon is useless seeing as relics and it's power is greyed out so yeah replace it.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yeah and people replaced their Thunderfury and Altiesh with some green back in BC... Same for all legendaries...artefact or not
    Thunderfury for tanks wasnt replaced in bc until a nerf during ssc progression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Your artifact weapon is useless seeing as relics and it's power is greyed out so yeah replace it.
    Relics still increase iLvl. They kind of have to in order to scale properly throughout the leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Its happened with a lot of the expansions. People dropped Shadowmourne for the first greenie they found. I just wasnt expecting this for the pre patch. Makes for a good catchup for alts i guess.
    so tired of seeing this horseshit, thunderfury was used by MT in BC raids and was BIS until late in the first tier, atiesh was too. you hit the new level cap with your BC leggos (legendary bow was never BIS for hunters, but not needing arrows made it the BIS leveling weapon in early wotlk), shadowmourne was better than anything you got in cata until heroic 5 mans, healing mace just wasn't an impactful weapon for leveing/questing from day 1, but was still the best weapon if you were gonna heal 5-man dungeons while leveling

it wasn't until mop when blizz intentionally killed off procs from leggos that last expansion's leggos were replaced so quickly. if you were smart you were still wearing your WOD ring until close to level cap in legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    so tired of seeing this horseshit, thunderfury was used by MT in BC raids and was BIS until late in the first tier, atiesh was too. you hit the new level cap with your BC leggos (legendary bow was never BIS for hunters, but not needing arrows made it the BIS leveling weapon in early wotlk), shadowmourne was better than anything you got in cata until heroic 5 mans, healing mace just wasn't an impactful weapon for leveing/questing from day 1, but was still the best weapon if you were gonna heal 5-man dungeons while leveling

it wasn't until mop when blizz intentionally killed off procs from leggos that last expansion's leggos were replaced so quickly. if you were smart you were still wearing your WOD ring until close to level cap in legion
    Yeah I wore my ring for a long time while leveling, about 5 levels at which point it's effect was nil.