Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Years later and I still believe Fel Flame is a fine movement-oriented ability. Low damage, spammable. Could even implement charges so it's not infinitely spammable while on the move. Or they could rework Shadowburn and make it baseline; we'd have one more button then!
    I actually think there's a lot of potential to return Fel Flame at this point now that Life Tap (and Warlock mana management in general) are no longer a thing. I'd like to see a version of Fel Flame that costs a significant chunk of mana, turning mana into Destruction's "movement" resource and making it relevant again. Pinging in the odd Fel Flame wouldn't be a big deal, but sustained periods of movement would run your mana pool dry and you'd have to wait to rebuild it before using Fel Flames again. This would give Destruction something to press while moving while simultaneously keeping positioning relevant by rewarding players for moving in staggered increments rather than large bursts.
    Obviously you'd also remove or significantly reduce the mana costs of all the other spells so that you couldn't lock yourself out of using other abilities. You could even do some fun things with mana regen like having it recharge from Chaos Bolt or RoF casts, creating an interesting build/spend cycle for your mobility.

My issue with destro is WANTING to play something that feels like a boat anchor. I love the spec is back to being about nukes but I detest its mobility issues. I literally feel like an out of shape dude on a bike ride constantly asking my friends to wait for me in nearly any dungeon. Its not just vs melee...most ranged too; destro has particularly bad feel and will really have functional balance issues if some middle ground can't be found.

*Soulfire: instant
    *CDF and Cata: castable on the move
    *Passive: allow mobile casting after standing still basically copying the norgannon leggo boots
    *Conflag: needs a 3rd charge and running speeds recharge vs casting (flashover)

Imo shadowburn is the perfect candidate for destro's movement issues.

As a talent its far too niche and is going to be pretty impossible to balance since its value varies dramatically based on the number of adds present. Either it needs to be under tuned for high add situations or its overtuned and reaches reap soul levels of issues.

But with the current iteration of shadowburn, its had so much power taken out of it and has charges making it a perfect response to movement. It only hits for around an incinerates worth of damage and only generates 3 bits when a CB costs 2 shards vs 1 whole ember which was 1 whole CB way back when. its basically a really weak conflagrate that only gives you bits if the mob dies. Makes it a great response for movement since you won't want to cast it unless its a last resort or the mob is going to die.

It doesn't make destro the most mobile thing on the planet, but its not supposed to be. Just nets you a couple extra globals to string together with conflag.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    My issue with destro is WANTING to play something that feels like a boat anchor. I love the spec is back to being about nukes but I detest its mobility issues. I literally feel like an out of shape dude on a bike ride constantly asking my friends to wait for me in nearly any dungeon. Its not just vs melee...most ranged too; destro has particularly bad feel and will really have functional balance issues if some middle ground can't be found.

*Soulfire: instant
    *CDF and Cata: castable on the move
    *Passive: allow mobile casting after standing still basically copying the norgannon leggo boots
    *Conflag: needs a 3rd charge and running speeds recharge vs casting (flashover)
    Made a thread about it (kind of) a couple of days ago
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...he-talent-tree

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Posted in another thread,
    I just cant play destruct at the moment
    so 1st time since 2006 im back as affliction already seen a huge difference in pvp.
    the mobs are dying faster also IMHO.

PVP you basically feel like a turd waiting to be trodden in. At least moving and firing off dots
    you are doing something. we know from before when people stop playing a various spec its the only
    thing the devs really pay attention about

I could see shadowburn being a good place to start. It certainly has some headroom for buffs. Best way to keep it from getting out of hand is put a ICD or special multiplier on havoc and also an ICD vs adds or some kind of DR timer? Then give it the balls/numbers it needs...

CDF needs mobile casting. It’s already a loser if you get sneezed at while casting and not exactly loved or super strong as is. I still want to puke eradication made it through. Maintenance buffs in nuke specs defeats the fun of a nuke spec. As for conflag, it needs something that speeds up the recharge when you are forced to move. That would naturally offset helter skelter without exceeding ABC (Always Be Casting) as a basic rule of dps casters.

Destro just feels like /run is macro’d into your keybinds somewhere. Direct damage is nice but looooong casts and casts for everything makes the spec feel like it’s always slightly late to whatever is going on. Like playing laggy or on a bad system. This is with 35’ish% haste and crit...the spec gets painfully slow at pre raid itemization.

To get a numbers pass that will be reasonable over mythic and dungeons consistency of more mobility should yield better results than balance around “too powerful when standing still, too weak when moving”. That is just frustrating for devs to balance and no fun to play.

What are chances for getting dimensional rift back in any form?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    What are chances for getting dimensional rift back in any form?
    Hopefully none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Hopefully none at all.
    Extremely low, certainly. Dimensional Rift existed because it was thematic for the Scepter of Sargaras, not Destro. I mean, an instant cast semi-random DoT on a charge/cooldown throttle? That's really not part of Destro's spec profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Hopefully none at all.
    But it was beautiful! maybe it can become a passive of some ability akin to Shado Priest spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeam View Post
    Destro feels really really simple and not really that interesting. After casting all your cds at the begining of a battle the single target rotation is so boring - nothing really to thing about.. just keeping eradication up and that's it. Generate shards - cast chaos bolt, generate shards - cast chaos bolt for 3 minutes and just wait your cds to be back up.
    I'm feeling you. It feels gutted which comes with the removal of artifact traits and abilities. With the Lessons in Space Time legendary shoulders, gameplay revolved around dimensional rift uptime and cooldown usage. now it's just blow cds as you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    But it was beautiful! maybe it can become a passive of some ability akin to Shado Priest spirits
    Agreed. I was at least hoping they'd snag the graphic from the green rapid fire portal, and use that for a new Channel Demonfire animation ( which is currently crap imo)

Deleted
    It would be nice for cataclysm to hit your main target and the area around it like HoG if it's going to be in our main rotation. Think we have enough casting circles as destro as it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    It would be nice for cataclysm to hit your main target and the area around it like HoG if it's going to be in our main rotation. Think we have enough casting circles as destro as it is
    There is a command option to do target circle spells on target. Can't remember it from top of my head but something like /cast [target] spell. That does exactly what you ask and make the cast always center the circle above your current target and immediately cast it (no need to target the circle any more).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    There is a command option to do target circle spells on target. Can't remember it from top of my head but something like /cast [target] spell. That does exactly what you ask and make the cast always center the circle above your current target and immediately cast it (no need to target the circle any more).
    Cast at player spells yes that would work. Ground targeted is something different. However, you can do a /cast [@cursor] macro to prevent having to click.

Deleted
    I didn't know that was possible I'll look into it thanks

I wouldn't recommend it since you don't get to see the circle so you can't strategically place it to make sure you're gonna hit all the targets in it but it does work.

Is the command [target]? I use @cursor and it works almost like that but not centered arround a target.

Not sure if [target] even works like that.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Real talk though...

Did anyone care about Fel Flame? Did anyone actually enjoy the Life Tap play-style? Shadowburn was fun in MOP - yes it can be hard to balance but Destro inherently, via Havoc, arises the same concern... I think people overall just want something meaningful to do while moving (doesn't matter what class/spec).

I know I never cared for Fel Flame personally, nor did I enjoy Life Tapping in any warlock spec - it just became habit. Rifts were fun to some degree but I was personally 50/50 with them.

Whenever I think of Destro and movement, I can't help but think of the KJC iteration allowing Incinerate to be castable while moving (casting CB is obviously too strong and it is still our #1 damage source). I'd imagine it would be easier to balance a simple filler ability when the spec itself necessitates short and calculated periods of burst to be effective.

But, that's just me

Deleted
    Have all other ranged been gutted for movement? Logged onto my mage for 1st time since the patch and fire seems super mobile still. Not sure about others but getting a mechanic as destro currently feels awkward after a conflag it's just running. Ontop of that I feel alot more squishy I can't stand in the things I used to be able to to keep dpsing, so we aren't tanky and can't move very much. They are gonna have to either give us something or tune us to be top by a margin on tank and spank to compensate for and decent amount of movement

Just feels they have gone to extreme, just wondering if other ranged are the same. Demo seems immobile also only affy can move around