Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Only do quests until friendly"

Hey guys,

So while prepping for BfA. Alot of people say that you should do quests in your first zone until you are honored, after that only do quests in the other zones until you are friendly. From my understanding, this is to activate world quests.

What i don't understand is why not just finish up the zone you are leveling in if you need the rep later anyways? Also finishing up for pathfinder so i have a hard time understanding why people believe only questing till friendly is a viable tactic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arazboy View Post
    Hey guys,

So while prepping for BfA. Alot of people say that you should do quests in your first zone until you are honored, after that only do quests in the other zones until you are friendly. From my understanding, this is to activate world quests.

What i don't understand is why not just finish up the zone you are leveling in if you need the rep later anyways? Also finishing up for pathfinder so i have a hard time understanding why people believe only questing till friendly is a viable tactic?
    People are lazy. The goal is to rush to the point where you can finally complain about having no content.

15+ Year Old Account
    You unlock final quest scenarios by finishing all the zone stories (at least for Horde, I haven't done all Ally yet so not sure).

If all you care about is 120, then just do the zone stories. You'll get your friendly rep, you'll get your 120, and you'll have them finished for the post-zone story content.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

First of all this won't work anymore since they increased the XP needed, you have to quest through about 75% of all leveling zones to reach 120.

And the idea is like often the min/maxing.
    You want to gain max reputation as quickly as possible, so you unlock all world quests as quickly as possible, so when you hit 120 you can do both world quests as well as completing the zone for rep.

If for example you quest 2 days and complete 2 zones completely and hit 120, then for the next 2 days complete the other zones, you have lost 2 days on world quests in the zones you did not level in, while the one who unlocks all wqs first can complete those and continue questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    People are lazy. The goal is to rush to the point where you can finally complain about having no content.
    The sad thing is people actually do this to themselves.

Never understood it.

The idea is that you want WQs ASAP so you can get them done ASAP, to maybe catch an extra reset since the normal quests in the zone wont go away if you wait an hour. It honestly shouldn't really matter, as you'll be close to, if not at friendly with everyone anyway through normal questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    The idea is that you want WQs ASAP so you can get them done ASAP, to maybe catch an extra reset since the normal quests in the zone wont go away if you wait an hour. It honestly shouldn't really matter, as you'll be close to, if not at friendly with everyone anyway through normal questing.
    That was what i was thinking aswell. I leveled once through beta and by the time i was 120 (took around 11 hours with alot of slacking) i was already friendly with all factions and could unlock WQs. That is pretty much why i didn't see the point of "quest until friendly".

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post

Never understood it.
    Many people don't find questing to be compelling, so they try to do as little questing as possible.

Never understood it.
    That is beauty of humanity. Different people like and dislike different things

Efficiency. If you finish a zone... you will get to masx level asnd still have to do quests in other zones to get to friendly so you can have world quests open. but if you move on at friendly... world quests will open immediately when you reach max level.

you can always go back and finish zones at max level.

7+ Year Old Account
    There difference between leveling and endgame content.

Hey guys,

dont listen to peoples who want to rush everything, just play and appreciate the game on your character, reading/seeing the lore, looking the map you are in, smelling flowers, you know ? having fun to have new contents, after it is done, you can go for a full rush on your alts =D

i dont understand peoples who rush everything ... well i can understand the mythic guild members for the first down and all, but the 99% left should have fun with a new expansion and appreciate what going on before the grinding begin when you have finish all the zone

its not like a new expansion will suddenly dissapear after 2 week if you dont do it quickly
    Last edited by kaintk; 2018-07-26 at 06:22 PM.

Never understood it.
    Not like leveling is a big part of the games experience. Just say it takes a casual player 1 month to level the only too they will play...2 years later you level again. The end game is what you make it. Unless you are the top 1% you have plenty to do. If leveling is all you decide to do then yea sorry that's all the game has to offer you.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Not like leveling is a big part of the games experience. Just say it takes a casual player 1 month to level the only too they will play...2 years later you level again. The end game is what you make it. Unless you are the top 1% you have plenty to do. If leveling is all you decide to do then yea sorry that's all the game has to offer you.
    Wtf are you on about man? That's not even close to what I'm saying nor what I was quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    There's always stuff to do in WoW, especially at launch of a new expansion. No one who complained about a lack of content actually had nothing to do, they probably just didn't like the options. Even if you're top 1%, you have A LOT to do. Leveling and equipping multiple characters, for example. And because of titan forging, there's also always a reason to do otherwise meaningless content.

Deleted
    You finish one zone completely with all side quests, then go to the other two zones and quest until friendly. This + the war campaign gets you to 120.

This is for efficiency reasons, obviously for rep gains you would want to complete all quests in all zones anyways.

World quests come in "waves" and respawn in "waves". The idea is that you don't need to 100% all Zones to get to 120. You 100% one, and then do the others till friendly. That should get you 120. Then you can unlock world quests right away and catch an extra "wave" or two of the good early items from them. The rest of the normal quests in said zones don't go away, potential world quests might.

Ding ding ding. People have been doing this since Jan., 2007.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's still possible, i could see it. If I hit 120, before zones are finished, i'll wait for a Darkmoon rep buff before I finish the zones.

Hey guys,

I mean...it's practically impossible at this point in beta to level without doing 2 full zones and like 2/3rds of the 3rd zone if you only do questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.