Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I also would have preferred Anduin or Velen to be our first priest representative, but eh...not too broken up about it. I always did like Whitemane's design (my paladin actually had a similar color scheme before I even know who she was) and I'm also liking what seems to be her HotS redesign, assuming the art on Twitter is representative of it.

We did get another Paladin recently in the form of Yrel, despite already having Uther, so it's always possible there will be more priest-themed heroes and it's obvious that neither Velen nor Anduin are going anywhere anytime soon.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Why not. But I still kinda prefer Mengsk after the first teaser.

vanilla represent!

glad to see her in the game

The art they posted on Twitter was far too badass for her to be a support. I'm hoping she'll be a holy priest assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    The art they posted on Twitter was far too badass for her to be a support. I'm hoping she'll be a holy priest assassin.
    dps Disc priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    dps Disc priest
    Unpopular opinion, but the game needs supports that can hold their own without silly niches. None needs a Tyrande v2

Sometimes I never know how much I want someone in the game until people start speculating about them, then when they’re wrong, I’m disappointed it wasn’t them. That happened with Blackfuse, glad it didn’t happen here. Happy she was added, even if I won’t play her much if she’s a solo support.

Whitemane announcement means Blizzard is thinking a lot about WoW: Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but the game needs supports that can hold their own without silly niches. None needs a Tyrande v2
    we have plenty of straight healers. I could see her possibly being the sort that does damage which heals those around, along with armor +/shield procs.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Unfortunately, can't seem to get excited about this hero. So many other more meaningful characters in the Warcraft universe that haven't made it to heroes yet. Hope her abilities are interesting and not just a bland healbot.
    She's likely going to be the "Disc Priest" from WoW, given the two abilities she uses in her boss fight are Power Word: Shield (like Tass) and Holy Smite (Ranged damage spell). Also the famous Resurrection bit with Mograine.

So if she is a healer, she's probably gonna be some kinda Tassadar/Tyrande hybrid. maybe. Disc Priests nowadays have the ability to heal by dealing damage, so her trait could be to heal players with PW:S by an amount when she deals damage/uses Holy Smite (or other holy damage abilities)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Why not. But I still kinda prefer Mengsk after the first teaser.
    Mengsk is kinda hard to do imo... he'd have be a hero in the same vein as Abathur, manipulating the battlefield from afar.

Seeing him on the frontline is just not something i'd see him doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by B4lmung View Post
    Anduin for most people is an immature crybaby who loves trees and rainbows everywhere. And Velen still some AFK-IDle Character who never does anything. They might have grown over Legion but over a decade of having a negative image will many people make not want to give them a chance. HotS was always more about nostalgic characters and for this Whitemane is a shining bacon. When you remember classic, you remember the scarlet monastery and her. Even if it is only because as Alliance you traveled 20-30 min to get to the monastery and then had to wait another 20-30min cause someone went through western plague lands and is constantly on max resurrect-timer. Nobody would even connect the MoP Version with her, her the recent Legion DK campaign.
    Nostalgic characters like Garrosh? He's relatively new(And dead). I think they just pick whatever character they want weather relevant or not. Hell the reveal for Varian was very much intended to hint at whats going on in Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Mengsk is kinda hard to do imo... he'd have be a hero in the same vein as Abathur, manipulating the battlefield from afar.

Seeing him on the frontline is just not something i'd see him doing.
    They managed to do characters like Abathur, Cho'gall, Lost Vikings and others. They would come up with something for an unarmed dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    dps Disc priest
    an atonement priest would be an interesting adition

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she is going to be a Discipline Priest, probably an Assassin/Support hybrid. I expect an Atonement mechanic being a huge part of her kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nostalgic characters like Garrosh? He's relatively new(And dead). I think they just pick whatever character they want weather relevant or not. Hell the reveal for Varian was very much intended to hint at whats going on in Legion.
    Wasn't he at the 2016 Blizzcon? I think that was after Legion launched so it wasn't really a hint. Tied in with it, sure. And Garrosh has been around for a decade, so Nostalgia could fit.

But yeah, that is interesting that they are putting out a well remembered Classic WoW Character... I wonder if they've made more progress than I figured on porting Classic over then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Becoz she will be last missing class from WoW (Tyrande doesn't count), she is evil (I like evil characters) and she is better than "Crybaby" Anduin or "IhavenoideawhatIamdoing" Velen.
    We also have Moira as a priest option.

Note: I personally think she may bring an unique playstyle if they include Morgraine or just other Scarlet Crusaders to her kit.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Whitemane announcement means Blizzard is thinking a lot about WoW: Classic
    Classic was trash, but more importantly she was featured in Legion where she was risen as one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Classic was trash, but more importantly she was featured in Legion where she was risen as one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    Classic was more fun than anything after BC. Now let's try to prove each other opinion wrong by spending years of empirical research.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    more importantly she was featured in Legion where she was risen as one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    And judging by what Blizzard have show HotS ignores that (just like it ignores Kael ending WoW as a shrivelled semi-undead).