Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Again... wrong. It's one thing to have reward be titles, mounts, weapon skins, etc... but to have core abilities "pruned" and new ones created that can ONLY be used if you agree to PvP is wrong. To have 11 abilities not available to me unless I choose to play a mode I do not like is not a reason to choose Warmode, it's a good reason to not play BfA at all.

The system will be dumped 100% should they ever make another expansion. Maybe even dumped before BfA is over.

WPvP is dead because it is. Nothing will revitalize it... and this "system" is only going to beat a dead horse further. Instead of incentivizing people who enjoy PvP to play more, it's going to deter people from enjoying the game at all.
    The most obviously false thing you said there is that PvP talents are core abilities. The whole idea is that they're only available in PvP. They're not even a new BfA feature; they've already been in the game for two years. The sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The most obviously false thing you said there is that PvP talents are core abilities. The whole idea is that they're only available in PvP. They're not even a new BfA feature; they've already been in the game for two years. The sky is not falling.
    No, they are available whether you engage in PvP or not... you just have to enable a mode that makes you vulnerable to attack. And Legion talents were not available in outdoor content which is the core game... thus the talents are core game but not available (taken away) from non-warmode players.

No, they are available whether you engage in PvP or not... you just have to enable a mode that makes you vulnerable to attack. And Legion talents were not available in outdoor content which is the core game... thus the talents are core game but not available (taken away) from non-warmode players.
    PvP talents have always been available in outdoor content, provided you were engaged in PvP combat or were in a PvP area. That restriction has been broadened, yes, but War Mode is a PvP feature, which is why PvP talents are active in that content. If you want to split hairs about what is the base game and what is not, PvP and PvE are both part of the base game. If you want to limit yourself to only PvE, you have to give up PvP features, in just the same way that anyone who wants trinkets or Azerite gear from raids has to actually do the raids.

More importantly, consider the experience from the perspective of a PvP only player. For instanced PvP, and in the moment that you engage in combat with another player, you have access to a certain set of abilities, and then the rest of the time you simply don't have access to part of your toolkit. How does that make sense? Instead, War Mode means that you agree to PvP rules when you leave your home city, and those rules remain active until you return. On the other hand, a PvE only player never uses those abilities.

So, yes, if you want to use PvP talents, you have to be willing to accept being vulnerable to attack from other players. That is the nature of PvP. Have fun in BfA!

If you turn on Warmode, you have 3 more abilities on your bars (or passives)... if you turn it off they go away. You don;t see me talking about the 15% more exp... THAT is a benefit. having 3 abilities made unavailable unless you PvP? That's pretty huge difference in gameplay, and so therefore is taking away.
    Bolded parts man, by default if you logon, warmode is off. you dont lose anything, you just GAIN it if you choose to risk pvp. Also its up to 10, not 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like you are why I wish they would bring back dishonor. Ganking low levels and totally overpowering people with no chance is not fun. If that is the only joy you get out of PvP you probably shouldn't PvP.

Deleted
    its absolutly not dead... we got massive fights in elwyn forest the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    People like you are why I wish they would bring back dishonor. Ganking low levels and totally overpowering people with no chance is not fun. If that is the only joy you get out of PvP you probably shouldn't PvP.
    Pretty sure dishonor just worked on NPC

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So world pvp is dead because everyone that chooses to be in that phase is there for pvp now?
    You did not understand his point. What he said is that you used to be stuck in it.
    How it was before: You want to complete a quest but you get ganked. You must fight back. If you lose, then you get camped and have to call friends to help you. If your friends aint as strong, there is nothing you can do other than find more help or logout.
    How it is now: You want to complete a quest but you get ganked/camped by a group of people. You heartstone to Capital and turn off PVP mode.

Before, you must ensured you had a strong main or friends.. Now you can ask for help and people will respond to turn off PVP mode. You understand now?

pvp is 5% of the game 95% pve, go to cs or any stupid shooter if you want a real pvp game

and op, you saying that the real pvp was to greykill ? lol, your life must be sad if this is the only fun you have.. and now that the pvp is really fair, well, learn to play if you want to have fun with all the others ex-greykiller

World PvP has been dead for years. I've seen this thread, or a variation of this thread, for every expansion pretty much. Maybe not BC. World PvP's been dead since folks stopped doing the big Tarren Mill battles. That's the reality.

At least there's an actual incentive now, that's the positive of War Mode. As opposed to every other expansion, where World PvP was dead because there was literally no reason to do it. World PvP never gave epics, it never gave anything, really. Oh, you get a bit of honor from kills? Cool, Battlegrounds give WAY more. What's the reason? If there's not epics, or some kind of currency you can use to GET epics, then a big majority of the playerbase is 100% not going to give a fuck about it. Why spend time on some bullshit that's not gonna give you epics, when you could go spend that time on something that does? That's the bottom line for a LOT of players, and it makes total sense. At least War Mode GIVES you stuff. It's a damn sight better than what we had in the past.
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Bolded parts man, by default if you logon, warmode is off. you dont lose anything, you just GAIN it if you choose to risk pvp. Also its up to 10, not 15.
    Doesn't matter what is "default"... you must turn on Warmode to access 11 more abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP talents have always been available in outdoor content...
    http://www.wowhead.com/war-mode-world-pvp-system

What are PvP Talents?
    PvP talents are very similar to Legion Honor talents, just with a different interface. You have four talents to pick, one being your PvP Trinket, a choice between Gladiator's Medallion, Adaptation, and Relentless and the other three being any choice between your remaining PvP talents from the Legion Honor talents.

The major differences from Legion are that these talents are active in all Outdoor content, are accessed from the main Talent tab instead of a separate Honor Talent Tab, and you pick four down from six. You also do not need to grind out Prestige in order to unlock PvP talents.

I think im done replaying to the 3 of you obstinate ppl because you seem to not be playing the game at all. I just logout after 2 hours of constant darkshore fights i didnt even finish all 4 wqs. There were 3 raids trying to control them (2 horde, 1 ally) basically making both your points moot (1, wpvp being dead by the OP, and 2. too big benefits by turning the mode one, i repeat after 2 hours i only got 3/4 wqs, if i had turned warmode off, i could do it in 10 minutes tops)

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    This looks like bait
    It has to be.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Doesn't matter what is "default"... you must turn on Warmode to access 11 more abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/war-mode-world-pvp-system

What are PvP Talents?
    PvP talents are very similar to Legion Honor talents, just with a different interface. You have four talents to pick, one being your PvP Trinket, a choice between Gladiator's Medallion, Adaptation, and Relentless and the other three being any choice between your remaining PvP talents from the Legion Honor talents.

The major differences from Legion are that these talents are active in all Outdoor content, are accessed from the main Talent tab instead of a separate Honor Talent Tab, and you pick four down from six. You also do not need to grind out Prestige in order to unlock PvP talents.
    Yeah, we had a chat about that already. If you want to quit over PvP talents, that’s fine. People do pointless things all the time. The issue you’re imagining here is not a problem.

IMPORTANT!

So I made an rogue on opposite faction on my server and boosted him to 110 level. I am having a blast! So many targets to kill, finally some really fun pvp experience.

And as many others posted about Darkshore - I went there, even joined pvp raid - one of my most boring pvp experiences.
    Last edited by Malderon; 2018-07-26 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Have nothing to say so you bash my nation and mods are fine with that? If all, Russians are superior on BGs, you are scared of us(proven by MANY topics here and on official forums). So who are bots, are European players, and this topic proves it. If they can see one thing out of a lot of text, they are blind idiots. Though perhaps I am idiot myself trying to prove something to idiots...
    Is it nation bashing if it's true? And the only reason people are "scared" of Russians are because they queue as a full 10 man team that sits on discord (proven by another user on here). It's a bit different to the opposing team with 10 solo players.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    IMPORTANT!

So I made an rogue on opposite faction on my server and boosted him to 110 level. I am having a blast! So many targets to kill, finally some really fun pvp experience.

And as many others posted about Darkshore - I went there, even joined pvp raid - one of my most boring pvp experiences.

No idea if I posted here already lol

Anyway; I don't agree with just ganking low levels, BUT something fun I've discovered with my friends is with the recent squish, we can 3-man 110s if they aren't too elite This is a fun change and for this to be available, we DO need gankers - so that's a silverlining I guess?

We've knocked them over edges, chain-stunned and killed, pulled around, baited, disturbed gathering - all in all, this is a sort of gank but the reverse situation. Very different interaction only possible right now

Deleted
    We should have a different tuning for existing talents and abilities specifically for PvP, not having abilities exclusive to PvP, which could be useful in PvE as well.

Beside that - I don't care if wPvP exists. Will not be using warmode, anyway. If I want to PvP, I have arena and battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    I think im done replaying to the 3 of you obstinate ppl because you seem to not be playing the game at all. I just logout after 2 hours of constant darkshore fights i didnt even finish all 4 wqs. There were 3 raids trying to control them (2 horde, 1 ally) basically making both your points moot (1, wpvp being dead by the OP, and 2. too big benefits by turning the mode one, i repeat after 2 hours i only got 3/4 wqs, if i had turned warmode off, i could do it in 10 minutes tops)
    LiPiNo, you are the guy from @opposite@ who I respect the most, you actually try to give some proper feedback and that's great. While doing Darkshore YOU chose to become a part of raid, while you simply could do just quests. I joined a raid, 40 pll were chasing 2-3 people trying to do World quests. REALLY FUN. 100 honor for bountry is too low, not worth the time. But as for myself I finally found fun in pvp by 1) Killing NPCs without warmode, 2) Playing on opposite faction with 0 population

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    Have you tried posting this on the official forums, it would be a whole lot more productive.
    There are actually already posts there! You can see I linked one in this topic already!

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Is it nation bashing if it's true? And the only reason people are "scared" of Russians are because they queue as a full 10 man team that sits on discord (proven by another user on here). It's a bit different to the opposing team with 10 solo players.
    Hey, sorry I have no intention to talk to you offtopic and gets this topic closed. This discussion has nothing to do with my topic so leave your braindead ideas out of my topic please. Thanks.

Yeah, we had a chat about that already. If you want to quit over PvP talents, that’s fine. People do pointless things all the time. The issue you’re imagining here is not a problem.
    Nah.. I quit because the game since WoD is just a very bad MMO. The PvP talent thing is just another change that will lose MORE subscribers. When you think about it... NOTHING Blizzard is doing with WoW is drawing new cusotmers, and there are several things that are losing customers.

Not a winning business model.