Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    *stands 40 yards away casting spells untouched*
    *melee gets close*

"oh man this is no fair"
    Hyperbole is doing you no favors.

let me clean that up for you:

"Stands 40 yards away, casts a single spell"
    "Melee teleports on to you"
    "Melee kills you while you get no spells off ever again".

ANd yes, that is hyperbolic as well...

But it is a lot closer to reality than your scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

still very far-fetched...it depends on what spec the ranged & melee class are. in general, i would say a more accurate representation would be...

ranged: *stands 40yds away spam casting*
    melee: *sooner or later melee gets on ranged*
    ranged: *ranged begins kiting, using all cds to kill melee*
    melee: *melee eventually kills ranged, using all defensives*

30 secs later...same ranged and melee meet again...and the opposite happens.

its all about what offensives/defensives used and whether or not any help is around.

melee output damage (and CC) is just ridicolous compared to casters

vs rogue is dramatic, too much stun, silence, cloack od shadow, and absurd damage. From 100 to 0% in few global, and during this time i do 0 damage.

And i use the pvp talent to reduce damage with drain life on target by 25%...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    As for pre-patch this is it:
    only melee that got broken damage is rogue
    as for ranged, boomkins, hunters are broken

Then again its balanced to 120 and it always been like this. I dont mind either, its utter chaos in bgs
    i noticed also warrior, feral damage and paladin, but in general all melee deal tons of damage. I am lock affliction, 30k healt, and a melee can 2-3 global me during a simple stun and a kick. Versus rogue i can't do anything, from 100 to 0 in few second and the rogue don't take any damage.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-07-27 at 06:22 AM.

Deleted
    Rogue has just too much CC/gap closers and defensives currently...
    Damage alone many specs do rediculous damage... they just don't have all other things..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    Rogue has just too much CC/gap closers and defensives currently...
    Damage alone many specs do rediculous damage... they just don't have all other things..
    All the Rogues defensive cds are 2 minutes or more due to past crying..... Once they spend it on a single kill choice... they run or vanish or Die. BUT their current damage output is pretty high. Same with Ret. Nerf Bat a coming and your Divine Shield wont save you.

You can tell what class will get nerfed by just looking at the 2 Epic BG Ques.... when in a 40 man BG there are stupid high numbers of Pallies, Druids, and rogues. Had an AV with 14 Druids one team... FOTM rollers are many.
    Last edited by mmocd11c3b1cf8; 2018-07-27 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaine1234 View Post
    All the Rogues defensive cds are 2 minutes or more due to past crying..... Once they spend it on a single kill choice... they run or vanish or Die. BUT their current damage output is pretty high. Same with Ret. Nerf Bat a coming and your Divine Shield wont save you.

You can tell what class will get nerfed by just looking at the 2 Epic BG Ques.... when in a 40 man BG there are stupid high numbers of Pallies, Druids, and rogues. Had an AV with 14 Druids one team... FOTM rollers are many.
    Nothing quite more rage inducing than seeing some scrub ret just aggressivly use bubble and just speed at you mashing abilities. Divine shield needs to go back to how it was in Vanilla, you can still use abilities but you suffer a damage loss. Offensive bubble must not be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Divine shield needs to go back to how it was in Vanilla, you can still use abilities but you suffer a damage loss.
    quickly, remove this before someone notices

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Nothing quite more rage inducing than seeing some scrub ret just aggressivly use bubble and just speed at you mashing abilities. Divine shield needs to go back to how it was in Vanilla, you can still use abilities but you suffer a damage loss. Offensive bubble must not be a thing.
    Hi, long time ret here.

First of all divine shield is on 5 minute cooldown and dispellable (i dont know why). Anti-magic shell has 1 min, cloak of shadows has 2 min cd.
    I would be ok with divine shield lasting 4 or 5 seconds with either a reduced cooldown or a passive heal over time during shield so it keeps its defensive value.

Current
    5min cd 8 sec immunity.

suggested-1
    3min cd 5 sec immunity.

suggested-2
    5min cd 4 sec immunity + 50% hp heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Nobody cares about arena. The vast majority of players interested in pvp, aren't even at the ratings where locks/sham/priests dominate. That's if they even do arenas.

And locks, shamans and priests don't dominate jackshit in casual pvp (duels, wpvp, random bgs) , which is the content most players do.
    Listen, that's not how it works. If ranged is dominating arena, and they absolutely were most of the time in Legion particularly ele shamans, warlocks of all kinds and shadow/disc priests, and you're getting owned by melee outside of arena the issue is that you are not good at the game not that melee are op.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    We are still in that expansion. Rogues sucked ass in Legion at casual pvp.
    Utterly delusional. Rogues were so strong in Legion they could literally run around mostly naked and kill people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Yaaaaa if the ranged is some shitter in greens and also doesn't know how to play their class, and the melee is halfway decent and all decked out in top I lvl gear maybe.

This is reality right now: all ranged have better self healing and far more cc than any melee can make up for with gap closers and cc and there is no melee in this game that can just decimate you in one go unless you're bad really. Only changes in an arena or battleground environment which would be fine except there's so much emphasis on warmode and all that.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-28 at 05:37 AM.

In my experience yes, I get shit on as ranged in the beta constatly but I wreck face with melee. I'm not high rated or anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    melee output damage (and CC) is just ridicolous compared to casters

vs rogue is dramatic, too much stun, silence, cloack od shadow, and absurd damage. From 100 to 0% in few global, and during this time i do 0 damage.

And i use the pvp talent to reduce damage with drain life on target by 25%...

- - - Updated - - -

i noticed also warrior, feral damage and paladin, but in general all melee deal tons of damage. I am lock affliction, 30k healt, and a melee can 2-3 global me during a simple stun and a kick. Versus rogue i can't do anything, from 100 to 0 in few second and the rogue don't take any damage.
    Homie you have vastly more self healing than any other dps except like a druid or ret paly, escapes and 2 baseline cc's (fear, stun, up from 1, and more than any melee dps has at all except a feral druid), you have the option between 3rd cc or 2nd escape from talents.

If you are getting completely devestated by melee it is 100% a you issue. I do not have these problems on my lock that you do and I have a good 7k hp less than you.

People think that casters sucks because they don't understand differences between casters and melees. Casters are just harder. It's clearly l2p issue.

I am playing bgs as casters only because they bring more to bgs and if played correctly most of them top dmg without problems. I don't have problems vs melees in 1v1 scenario but i also see skill level of players playing random bgs - it will be the same in world pvp so it will be more than possible to win as any casters vs any melee.

Imagine what happe if they remove all the things people are crying about - gap closers and interupts. It will be 100% win for casters even for worst players. In order to counter casters ranged abilities, spamable CC, roots, slows melees need gap closer. It's not wotlk anymore where you could win 1v1 as frost mage vs melees without losing more than 5% hp because of perma kiting.

But we are talking about pvp not only 1v1. How many cancer caster comps we had? So many. I rly liked to play vs ele/bala/rdruid. It was nearly impossible to kill this comp But oh wait casters are bad

Deleted
    My fire mage does stupid burst in a small window with cds up. I find the fire mage the only class that if ur dumb enough to leave alone to cast will erase your healers in seconds. But has limited survival... which is run from melee and reposition. Glass Cannon. Not top damage usually since I spec for maximum single target damage to target heals.

The Pally Shield does suck as a Pally the long cd and then its also dispellable. I feel super weak as a Holy Pally in PvP compared to my Druid or Monk and notice their numbers are low compared to RET.
    Last edited by mmocd11c3b1cf8; 2018-07-28 at 11:35 AM.