Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You break it, you buy it. Trump will just get a new shiny star each month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    How long do you think before these "Resisters" realize that acting like a bunch of fucking petulant child is just guaranteeing Trump get's re-elected in 2020?... This is exactly why #WalkAway is a thing. No one wants to be associated with these people.
    #Walkaway is Russian propaganda.
    Impeach the MF.

Thanks for proving my point.
    people keep saying this when there is absolutely no evidence to back it up, what so ever. please, why don't you explain it to us how the 2016 election is about Trump winning and not overwhelming more about Hillary Clinton losing.

Deleted
    Id do the same on every Trumpsupporters face if i had the power to do so.

People like you are why Trump was elected in the first place, and why he will be again. So thanks for fucking it up for everyone else.
    No, he wasn't elected because the mean widdle libruls were mean to you or did minor property damage.

He won because he gamed the system, winning the electoral college but losing the popular vote by a good margin.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Beware of the gnome's wrath!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How is it failing, exactly?

Because I'd say Obama's policies on most matters were working. Trump is enjoying the work that Obama did to dig the country out of the recession. Democrats have actively supported retraining policies for jobs that are no longer solvent (like coal) where Trump's solution is to artificially inflate a dying commodity so that he can pander to voters.

Socialized medicine, education, and strict gun control work in every other western country and work much better than in the United States. But republicans refuse to acknowledge this is the case, and instead point to hypotheticals for why they "could never work anywhere" rather than looking at why they work where they do. Their thoughts on the matter seem to be to plug their ears and pretend nothing is wrong.
    I live in such a country. Trust me its not that great. Where do you think the government is getting the money for said programs, hint : its not the big business.

Is that the "appealing ideology of the right?" Blame others, offer solutions that ultimately do nothing, and then lie about what does and doesn't work?
    The appeal of the right/moderates these days is we are moving away from ideology and are becoming more pragmatic. The left in my country keeps insisting that immigration the EU , globalism and the the euro all work fine when it obviously it doesn't. Thats why you see such a surge of the right in Europe.

Nobody is saying climate change is the end of the world. If you believe that that has been said, you've been mislead.

It's a problem to civilization as we know it. A problem that we have the capacity to solve, (and had the capcity to subvert, but that ship has sailed) but that requires acknowledging that it's caused by humans.

So what are the right trying to do to stop climate change? Hmmm... "pretend it doesn't exist?"
    No i said build nuclear power until the transition to green energy is complete. To bad even mentioning Nuclear power causes the left go totally apeshit.

In fact, let me ask you: what is "Trump's Plan?" And I don't mean some tocuhy-feely MAGA bullshit, I mean, actual, political positions designed to move the United States forward. Because all of his talk of trade wars and tax cuts are all projected to negatively affect the American economy. And even on the small scale, if he's "for American jobs," why isn't he hiring American workers at HIS OWN Mar-a-lago resorts? If he was all for "data security" that Hillary Clinton supposedly neglected, why is he keeping conversation with world leaders on his own private phone? If Trump is for "making America great," why is a rising tide of Russian influence being found in various people associated with his campaign?

- - - Updated - - -
    Really because the last numbers show that the USA economy is doing pretty great. And trump managed to gain a favorable deal wit the EU a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Because to reduce our deficit we would have to start to extract ore and produce the steel domestically to sell on the global market. That would take nothing short of an implosion of the current domestic steel industry back to WW2 levels.
    You really must explain this one to me because im completely confused by this. Because the USA is one of the greatest steel producers of the world and import a ton of iron ore mostly from Australia. Why would the USA suddenly increase iron ore production and why is this a bad thing. After all it means more jobs and less trade deficit and the usa has all the knowledge and material to expand said ore production without problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poorperson View Post
    Id do the same on every Trumpsupporters face if i had the power to do so.
    how cool of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Whichever group is responsible for placing them and their sponsors. I.E. They aren't hurting Trump's wallet.
    If you are awarded a star you have to pay around 30k out of your own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by EverDash View Post
    Winning the electoral college isn't the same as representing half the country. You're intentionally mixing up popular vote numbers with electoral numbers. Everyone knows he won the electoral game. And he wasn't the first to do so while also being outvoted by the majority of the country. I think it's important you not only remember that but also stop conflating the two to push some narrative.

Second, the "right" did plenty of awful things when Obama was elected. The set fire to likenesses of him all over the country, threatened to kill him daily, wore clothes and made flags of him and his family being hung, etc.

As for all of his awfulness that you seem to be blind to, here's a quick list that was stopped after seven month. Meaning, after this tiny list, there's been an additional entire year of insanity after it. If you'd like that list as well, let me know.

Monday, January 23
    * The first Monday of his presidency,
    <SNIP>
    Sounds like a pretty good first year or so...

The awful things done to Obama? Yes of course there are the extremists that are absolutely wrong and should be condemned. I condemn ANY group that would be so vulgar, racist, and violent on ANY side. But Trump deals with this DAILY from the mainstream media and the Hollywood elite... not some nutjobs.

Trump has been doing some really great things... and putting America first. It's about time, and I look forward to what he can accomplish in the next 6 years!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Trump was in the bottom quarter of electoral victories. Must sting, doesn’t it?

An executive order can’t change the electoral college. Are you that ignorant about the constitution? Sad.
    And neither can this supposed majority you claim the left have. That is sad.

The very Constitution you claim I am ignorant about, is what we followed that made Donald Trump president. By your own admission, he is duly elected and holds the office we wanted him in. You should be proud and allow him to represent the people who voted for him on the policies he ran on.

Our system worked when Obama was elected, it worked when Trump was elected.

I am happy this happened, you know why? BECAUSE! Nothing fires up Trumps voter base when people do these things! He may get a pat on the back in jail for doing it but he will get a pat on the back for me when Trump wins again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post

You really must explain this one to me because im completely confused by this. Because the USA is one of the greatest steel producers of the world and import a ton of iron ore mostly from Australia. Why would the USA suddenly increase iron ore production and why is this a bad thing. After all it means more jobs and less trade deficit and the usa has all the knowledge and material to expand said ore production without problem.
    Ok so the only two ways to reduce a trade deficit is to either sell more items made in the US on the global market (export) or produce items in demand domestically at the same or lower price than what is available on the global market. Due to being an advanced economy with large portions of our workforce being educated and having large disposable incomes, we have offshored many jobs and industries due to globalization, a consequence of technology and global market forces. To reverse this trend would take a complete unraveling of our current economy; a wholesale regression until we hit the same quality of life, disposable income, education levels, and technological sophistication as China, India.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

If Trump loses, his core base will lose it and start a civil war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    <SNIP>
    Sounds like a pretty good first year or so...

The awful things done to Obama? Yes of course there are the extremists that are absolutely wrong and should be condemned. I condemn ANY group that would be so vulgar, racist, and violent on ANY side. But Trump deals with this DAILY from the mainstream media and the Hollywood elite... not some nutjobs.

Trump has been doing some really great things... and putting America first. It's about time, and I look forward to what he can accomplish in the next 6 years!

- - - Updated - - -

And neither can this supposed majority you claim the left have. That is sad.

The very Constitution you claim I am ignorant about, is what we followed that made Donald Trump president. By your own admission, he is duly elected and holds the office we wanted him in. You should be proud and allow him to represent the people who voted for him on the policies he ran on.

Our system worked when Obama was elected, it worked when Trump was elected.
    Um, less than half the people voted for him, he does NOT represent America. You should educate yourself. It really stings, doesn't it. His polling is consistently less than 50%, people do not like him.

Please provide proof otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    If Trump loses, his core base will lose it and start a civil war.
    And then be cut down by the military and maybe things will make sense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And then be cut down by the military and maybe things will make sense again.
    Guy who claims to hate violence from authority wants violence from authority to shut down people.

How bizzare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Ok so the only two ways to reduce a trade deficit is to either sell more items made in the US on the global market (export) or produce items in demand domestically at the same or lower price than what is available on the global market. Due to being an advanced economy with large portions of our workforce being educated and having large disposable incomes, we have offshored many jobs and industries due to globalization, a consequence of technology and global market forces. To reverse this trend would take a complete unraveling of our current economy; a wholesale regression until we hit the same quality of life, disposable income, education levels, and technological sophistication as China, India.
    So you are saying that in order to compete with the chinese/indians you have to lower the life standard to match .Sorry mate i cannot agree . Australia which has a very high living standard produces more iron ore then India and china combined. Furthermore only reason why Chinese steel is so cheap is because the Chinese companies are heavily subsidized by their government . If not nobody would buy their crappy steel. And the last argument is that the EU also has massive trade tariffs on Chinese steal and we do just fine.

But it doesnt matter because it will never escalate this far. Trump uses the threat of trade wars to get better deals from both china and EU it will never escalate further because china and the EU realize the cannot win . But the way goes about his business is hamfisted to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Um, less than half the people voted for him, he does NOT represent America. You should educate yourself. It really stings, doesn't it. His polling is consistently less than 50%, people do not like him.

Please provide proof otherwise.
    Trump DOES represent America... he was duly elected. I know that hurt so very badly for some people to swallow... but it is fact.

Current approval rating is 45%. 45 out of 100 Americans like what he is doing. This is pretty darn good actually.

Obama, for much of his terms didn't fare much better... in fact much of his time was spend under 50% and often less than 45%. And he was "the amazing president" who got a Nobel Peace Prize before he did anything.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/...-approval.aspx

Say what you will... but the country is doing just fine... in fact better, than it has in the past 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Stock market higher than ever... nearly 35% greater than Obama's best levels.

Unemployment has never been lower in 17 years!

Our country is finally putting a stop to trade deals where other countries line up for our dollars for their crap products, but won't buy ours.

Our country is now expecting other countries to pull their weight in world affairs. No longer do they get to stand behind the might of America, happy to expend our sons and daughters to maintain world peace, but not providing a proportionate amount of support themselves.

Our military is being built back to what it should be. No longer apologizing for being a superpower... we are reinvesting in our country's security to make sure no other country represents a significant threat to our way of life.

Immigration is slowly being tackled. Allowing us to secure our borders, stop criminals and terrorists that would do us harm, and eventually overhauling the system so that we bring in quality people who want to become Americans and adopt constitution as their own.

Is the the greatest president ever lived? Hell no... but man... with an almost 100% resistance from democrats, a constant barrage of attacks from an insane media, and a completely fruitless investigation designed to de-legitimize his presidency... He has probably done better than any president could (almost as if he doesn't get mired down by swamp politics).

Say what you will... but he is EVERY bit as effective a president as Obama... but in a much more America oriented way.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You fixed nothing. It's a false equivalency to compare Antifa to the NeoNazi/white supremacists. Last I checked the only person to die at one of these protests was run over by one of those 'very fine' people on the right. Also, it's not Antifa showing up with semiautomatic weapons, tactical vests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    "Both extreme sides are fucking retards and need to have their heads examined for brain damage and the inability to have empathy for anyone who doesnt share their correct think herd mentality"

Fixed that for you
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious, why does Trump have one of them stars? As an Englishman, I honestly don't know, so it's a legit curiosity.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I am curious, why does Trump have one of them stars? As an Englishman, I honestly don't know, so it's a legit curiosity.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/4023036/...ason-you-think