Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    The main problem is entitlement. People think that because either...

a. They already have a max level character
    b. They pay a monthly Sub
    c. They are already highly skilled
    d. insert other excuse to why they should get free stuff
    These are two very separate things (entitlement and leveling). You still have to level, it still takes time, and even before the nerf it wasn't something you looked forward to doing for the 5th+ time.

It's really more about e. It's what we're used to. No one believe their BS stories about people wanting leveling slowed down. I'm not saying no one does, but claiming it's what people want (one would think it'd have to be a significant number) is crap. I have all classes at 110 on Alliance, and a few on Horde. I'd like to make a sub class spec, but don't want to spend the now required time to level it. I've put in my time, I've seen all of the stories.

As people have said before, I wish they'd simply implement an XP buff for each toon you have at max level. The buff starts over with each expansion pack, and revs back up as you hit max level in the new expansion (buff would not apply to current expansion content).

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Vanilla was/is amazing compared to this crap. Leveling in Classic will have value and meaning.

Lol.. Blizzard is being altruistic and developed a $60 deterrent because they WANT people to play the game.

That assumption is far beyond stupid.
    Value and meaning? Boy, I sure loved running out of quests half way through a zone and being cock blocked by NPC's with silver exclamation marks over their heads. It was so meaningful to grind mobs for hours on end just so I could be a high enough level to continue the quest chain. I valued the time I was forced to walk back and forth from one end of a zone to the other over and over on foot just to make progress. Such epic gameplay!
    In case it wasn't obvious, I am being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Value and meaning? Boy, I sure loved running out of quests half way through a zone and being cock blocked by NPC's with silver exclamation marks over their heads. It was so meaningful to grind mobs for hours on end just so I could be a high enough level to continue the quest chain. I valued the time I was forced to walk back and forth from one end of a zone to the other over and over on foot just to make progress. Such epic gameplay!
    In case it wasn't obvious, I am being sarcastic.
    Actually... everything you described WAS fun. It made WoW an experience instead of a 2 hour trip to max level. The game wasn't just about max level... professions had meaning too, PvP if you like that sort of thing was all around the world...

Now it;s rush to max level and join the queues. That is not an MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    These are two very separate things (entitlement and leveling). You still have to level, it still takes time, and even before the nerf it wasn't something you looked forward to doing for the 5th+ time.

It's really more about e. It's what we're used to. No one believe their BS stories about people wanting leveling slowed down. I'm not saying no one does, but claiming it's what people want (one would think it'd have to be a significant number) is crap. I have all classes at 110 on Alliance, and a few on Horde. I'd like to make a sub class spec, but don't want to spend the now required time to level it. I've put in my time, I've seen all of the stories.

As people have said before, I wish they'd simply implement an XP buff for each toon you have at max level. The buff starts over with each expansion pack, and revs back up as you hit max level in the new expansion (buff would not apply to current expansion content).
    I have 23 level 110s... so what? if you have all those toons to 110.. why do you even care about leveling another toon? If it's about the experience of leveling.. well... you now have a more true to the game experience. If it's to have another tailor to craft bags... well then pay $60 to skip it.

Actually... everything you described WAS fun. It made WoW an experience instead of a 2 hour trip to max level. The game wasn't just about max level... professions had meaning too, PvP if you like that sort of thing was all around the world...

Now it;s rush to max level and join the queues. That is not an MMO.
    It WAS fun back in 2004 the first time through. But now in 2018, it'd be even more of a tedious chore than how it is in the game currently.
    Everyone's complaints about levelling nowadays mostly stems from the fact they have been through the whole thing numerous times before.
    Back in Vanilla, it was literally impossible to have fun levelling alts, unless you were some kind of brainless masochist.
    I assure you. If the old style of levelling was still present in the modern game, the outcries on the forums will be tenfold.

My warrior alt is level 80 right now. At that level I already know all skills except two talents at level 90 and 100. So I have to another 28 level without any character progress of doing same quests that I have already done 7-20 times already.

Heirloom exp bonus should be increased to 200% or more for us who don't care about the "leveling experience" and just want to get to the current content. Just like altoholics and PvPers can just avoid raids or mythic+ if they don't enjoy that gamestyle, end game PvEers should not have to spend a week or more to level or pay the same amount that a new game cost to skip outdated content.

Quote Originally Posted by sedridor107 View Post
    remember this? This was 2 years ago..
    Everyone was complaining about the leveling, that it was broken because you could lvl so fast..
    it all Comes back to bite you now..

[video=youtube;XdAgCrH76oo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAgCrH76oo[video]
    "everyone" wasn't. shitheaded little cumstains like that guy was. these fetid mongrels need to go to the classic server where we on live never have to hear from them again. live should NOT be made to emulate the classic servers.

what did i want to improve leveling? level scaling. did i want xp nerfed? no. did i want health sponge mobs i can't 3 or 4 shot? no.

I have 23 level 110s... so what? if you have all those toons to 110.. why do you even care about leveling another toon? If it's about the experience of leveling.. well... you now have a more true to the game experience. If it's to have another tailor to craft bags... well then pay $60 to skip it.
    As I stated before, I'd be leveling again due to the new sub-races. It has nothing to do with the leveling experience. I've experienced it plenty. My comment on having every class was to point out that I've put in my share of time experiencing the stories. That's "what" it's about....

And your comment about just paying $60 is part of the problem with the new shift in leveling.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    You're in the minority thinking 7.3.5 leveling is better than it has been for years. According to some blues defending the complaints though, everyone complaining is also the minority since not many use the forums. Guess we're all screwed since our votes don't matter :'(

It is better, and in fact, it is not much different, I don´t understand the complaining, people just want things granted with no effort.

It toke me 3 days of gameplay to get a void elf up from it´s level 20, and getting to level 20 takes no time anyway, even now. And I am busy, I could not play straight, those 3 days where spread among maybe 2 months. AND you can do it in less, much less time even.

Troll thread 02/10 try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It WAS fun back in 2004 the first time through. But now in 2018, it'd be even more of a tedious chore than how it is in the game currently.
    Everyone's complaints about levelling nowadays mostly stems from the fact they have been through the whole thing numerous times before.
    Back in Vanilla, it was literally impossible to have fun levelling alts, unless you were some kind of brainless masochist.
    I assure you. If the old style of levelling was still present in the modern game, the outcries on the forums will be tenfold.
    The problem isn't that they've been through it before... it's that it no longer has meaning to the character you are leveling. Economy being so inflated means gold is of no use, items that drop are not needed, professions, materials, etc... all of no value whatsoever.

Unless you enjoy leveling... which a lot do.

And it was fun back then.. and fun now for those that play private servers. Why? Because everything IS relevant and valuable.

And you are building a character... advancing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf to heirlooms/RAF is what irks me the most. I'd like the option to level within the current system, just with my fat RAF bonus.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    As I stated before, I'd be leveling again due to the new sub-races. It has nothing to do with the leveling experience. I've experienced it plenty. My comment on having every class was to point out that I've put in my share of time experiencing the stories. That's "what" it's about....

And your comment about just paying $60 is part of the problem with the new shift in leveling.
    The reward for leveling is subraces. If it's not worth it.. don't do it. If it is... then do it.

A max level character represents a significant amount of value to an account. Being able to make even more gold. Craft more time-gated items, etc. That is value you must pay for with time or $$$.

Troll thread 02/10 try harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Leveling doesn't need to be (and shouldn't be IMO) at hyper speed. It's a huge part of an MMO, whether people like it or not. And there totally is an option to skip it if you want already.
    On the contrary, to some people it should be at hyper speed.
    You do not need it, i do not need it to be fast either, i have always enjoyed leveling, i do have more than 20 110 alts, but i can not find a valid reason for forcing someone who has already leveled one char to maximum, to having to spent the same amount of time leveling a second char, instead of being able to do so, even faster than at hyper speed, it should even be instant if people desire it so, because they have already leveled one char at normal speed.
    And again it is something i do not need at all for myself, but there is no reason other than profit, for leveling an alt taking the same time as leveling your first char.

Deleted
    A max level character represents a significant amount of value to an account.
    No, i do not think so, i have more than 20 level 110 alts in wow us and 22 level 100 chars in wow eu, none of my accounts has a significant value because of that, because it ain´t such a big deal to begin with; and because i do like leveling in a certain way i did not level all those chars as fast as people that level chars up as fast as possible do.

Quote Originally Posted by Analle View Post
    I've played ever since the end of TBC, got my first max at WotLK, skipped cata and most of MoP but have played the entirity of WoD and Legion. I've played Vanilla on a couple of occations on private servers. I don't understand why people cry about the leveling after 7.3.5 or more after 8.0.1

The leveling scaling is an improvement, I can play with friends even if they're 10+ lvls ahead or below me. I don't have to force myself to do all the quests in a zone even tho I'm 5 levels higher and should move onto other zones (I do have Loremaster, but still want to finish a zone rather than do half the chapters). I got 14 max lvl chars, 2 Horde, 12 Alliance. Yes, the leveling takes a little longer, but seriously, some of us love leveling, the feeling when you unlock a new spell or talent and it changes your rotation or gives more mobility or whatever, it's super rewarding. Yes, after 60 it starts to feel a little slower, but I don't want leveling to take 5h. I want it to take time, to appriciate the effort and not just *boom, max lvl, what now*. I don't know if most want to only focus on the max lvl content, gear up fast and be the most powerful person there is. Sure, do that, but if you want to be the most powerful, why do you complain about the leveling when you should focus on gearing up. If you don't like the leveling in WoW, it's clearly not for you, but don't think that everyone agrees. Some of us really love leveling, and it's better after 7.3.5 than before it.
    I have levelled over 15 alts to 110 and about 30 around 80-90 level range. I am not eager to go through weeks long levelling with fucked up dungeon scaling anymore and I have to if i want heritage armor.
    Boost heirlooms to give 200-500% more xp and buff their stats and then people can choose which way they want to level.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    No, i do not think so, i have more than 20 level 110 alts in wow us and 22 level 100 chars in wow eu, none of my accounts has a significant value because of that, because it ain´t such a big deal to begin with; and because i do like leveling in a certain way i did not level all those chars as fast as people that level chars up as fast as possible do.
    Then what was your motivating factor to level your alts?

Deleted
    Then what was your motivating factor to level your alts?
    That I love leveling, and i absolutely love to have one of each class, it is like a need for me in every RPG i play, but that is ME, it does not mean other people have to be forced to do alt leveling if they hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    This won't work. Because I, you and everyone else knows that if a faster option is available - EVERYONE - will use it.

Leveling was slowed down on purpose to create a better gaming experience overall. For a lot of people (who were acknowledged by Ion before the change came out), this change will create a worse gaming experience, because they were used to another way of doing things. What Ion was saying was that the experience you were used to was bad gameplay design, and needed to go away for the games health. Personally, I agree with him. This same logic applies to the GCD change.
    If that doesnt work then they truely didnt care enough for the experience of slower leveling vs getting to max faster.

As far as the reason these changes happened, it's clearly to increase boost sales. For anyone that can't see it your are blind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    ...that they are entitled to a free max level character and shouldn't have to work for it.
    That is correct.
    Do you know why?, because this game is all about performance of the classes, either for PVE or PVP, and sometimes a class is bad as hell in performance for a long long time during an expansion.
    How this is not a problem? if you allow instant alts, otherwise please make it so every fukin class performs exactly the same as the others who have their same role, something we all know after all these years is never gonna happen, so yes allow people to have instant alts without having to level them up, and again this is not a problem i myself have ever had.