Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is not an essential part of RPGs, it's just a gating system and to instill a sense of progression. It works in games with a finite end. In games that gets continuously updated it sucks because it takes longer to get to relevant content.

I don't have a problem with leveling. I just hate the slog that sets in. BC & WOTLK content is really slow to level through. I've now put allied races through both (one for each) and to my infinite shock, WOTLK was worse. At least with BC, you can get up to 6-7 quests at a time in Hellfire and Zangarmarsh. But WOTLK leveling is like riding a snail.

What I really wish they would do is just give us the option to level 60-100 in whatever zones we want... BC, WOTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD. All of em. Let us go through the expansions we want to go through.

I have literally only done 1 1/2 zones per expansion, except WOTLK where I needed 3, in the new system with heirlooms on. Hell, in the WoD zones for my second one, I did the opener scenario and almost nothing but treasures and bonus areas. I think I only did Valley of the Four Winds and a little bit of Kun-Lai for MoP the last time too. But it felt like it took years to go through the WOTLK zones.

(and I really wish they'd lose the forced pathways... why can't I start Pandaria in Townlong, for example? Or start WoD in Nagrand?)

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Having to slog through all those levels just to get to the actual game. They don't even teach you how to play your class.
    See, this is the biggest problem that all you no lvlers have. You do realize that there is MORE to the game than endgame right? As you say
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's almost like different people like different things.
    There is Enjoying the story.
    There is traveling and seeing the sights.
    There is those who want to experience the journey.
    There are those that enjoy just doing something.....

See me personally, as I create new alts, I travel to zones that I didnt do on previous toons to see their story, see what is the hub bub in that zone. I have been lvling 5 toons for the last 3 weeks, 3 are 65-67 one is 35 and the other just hit 37. I did all 5 in those 3 weeks. So that is about 250 lvls completed on 5 toons which is two 110.

Of course I also have Mining and Herbalism on all 5 too. at 3x the xp as killing a single mob, I would average about 5 lvls from farming alone on all of them. With the new scaling, there is actually time for a rotation to be pulled off not just 1 button hurdur pew pew kill kill kill get xp.

Now this is just me being a different person liking different things! See how that worked?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    There is Enjoying the story.
    There is traveling and seeing the sights.
    There is those who want to experience the journey.
    There are those that enjoy just doing something.....
    Sure, and that's why a lot of people are clamoring for the fix to be built into heirlooms. Want to enjoy the story and travel and see the sights and experience the journey? Just don't use 'em. Level exactly how you want to level at your own pace. And people who just want to level their characters quickly? Let the heirlooms cut that journey in half or more (I'd go 75% as a fix to the current issue.) No harm no foul.

Choice.

Sadly they won't do it because I'm sure they also want to sell boosts. Not a conspiracy, just reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    I'm not against slow leveling but 60-80 is ridiculous. Anyone that disagrees has obviously not experienced the current state of 60-80 leveling.
    I am in the middle of 3 toons mid 60s and I cannot AGREE more with the above lol. such a slog.... But I did manage to go from 59 67 on my Ally lock doing ALL of Hellfire Pennisula lol. But that was because I wanted to do all of Outlands and Northrend to avoid that GOD AWEFUL place called Pandaria.. Talk about BORING........

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind leveling, just wish it was faster again. I will gladly spend 500k gold on an item that gives me 500% increase experience or something. I'd even pay $ for something like that. Another idea would be for every character you leveling you get an extra X% extra experience increase, with a cap of like 500%.

They did take away a lot of the fun in leveling by getting something every level and something new every few levels but I understand why. Getting those dings quicker defiantly replaced that feeling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'd even be okay with the abilities we do get through leveling not being at their full level immediately, and/or giving little buffing talents under each current talent or something, even just a like, little buff to it as you level would be better than it is now. Extremely superficial, but it makes leveling feel better.
    This is what Vanillia and TBC were. At level intervals you advance a rank in the spell. People bitched about having to go back to the trainers every few lvls so they got rid of it and made them lvl specific spells. You get damn near your whole kit by 80 and then another 3 or so up to 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    another example of why players should have no say in game design; it's ok if they tell their opinion, but players are by definition not game designer, not professional, have no clue on how details would affect the game, and we can't prove that a player just want something for himself while ignoring any bad impact for the game long term.

in other words they have no credibility and no sane business should create quality based on such impulsives sources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki son of Kratos View Post
    And remember kids, salt is bad for your blood pressure.
    Hence why i will go to a place where people don't agree with me to rub another one, this is absolutely healthy and normal ""kids""!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    *Upgrading gear actually doesn't accomplish anything, you may see slightly higher dps on dungeon bosses but you're leveling so fast anyway it's not like you ever have that reference of "I did 200 dps, now I have these 3 new items in my non-heirloom slots, and did 225 dps! Woo!"
    *There's little to no customization whatsoever, you choose spec and spend a talent every 15 levels. That's it. And on some classes you find that some talent rows are purely for raiding environments and you barely ever use the chosen talent (lvl 45 talents are quite notorious I'd say)
    These two were all the rage on forums from alot of players who just wanted to get to endgame....... So blizz implemented Heirlooms with UBERZ stats so players could just roflstomp through the dungeons and zones. With the customization, they didnt like having to keep p customization during the lvling process because hurdur endgame is where its at screw having to deal with anything below max lvl. Again hence heirlooms.

I am actually quite happy with the pacing of lvling now. I am full heirloom but I actually have to do a semi rotation to kill something. For me I like the journey not the destination. Sure I like raiding but I dont need to get there in 10hours or less.

The main problem with leveling isn't necessarily that it takes to long. It's that it takes ANY amount of time at all before even being able to START the current end-game mechanic for the expansion.

Leveling is essentially a completely separate game from what happens in the current expansion. Leveling uses experience for progression, but the current expansion uses Azerite Power, and the end game uses iLVL+Azerite traits+AP. So basically you're wasting your time investing all that time in farming experience when you could be farming AP.

If Blizzard REALLY wants to revamp the leveling experience and make it have some real context and purpose, they need to start awarding AP(or whatever the current expansion gives) from level 1.

Leveling is like driving. Anyone can enjoy a nice drive, but everyone hates that part of the road that has a pothole the size of a crater.

So we have been seeing some troll threads about leveling spreading missinformation in the level of shill media.
    So I just wanted to point a few things out for people that only read mmoC and havent caught up with reality:

- leveling right now is an 80 to 100 hours experience from levels 1 to 110.
    - people are complaining about mainly 2 things: first that it takes too long to go from level to level especially between 60 to 80(avarage of 115 minutes per level). Second is that leveling is unrewarding, there is no "goal" between levels 1 and 109 (soon to be 119) besides the end game.
    - there is a gigantic wave of shills missinforming people posting that "everyone is making threads asking for instant 110s because people dont want to level and just want free stuff", which is horrible and isn't the feeling of a single person: what people don't like is wow's current leveling system that is both unrewarding and slow, a problem that was already identified by Blizzard themselves.

those threads are a cancer, a disease, and should be treated as such (identified, erased and OP banned) because they not only spread missinformation, but also halt the progress that are civilized discussions about the root problems of current wow leveling.

hey grats on doing the same content 10 times and being happy about it.... remember just because its salty, white and thick doesn't mean you should swallow it like this guy

7+ Year Old Account
    lvl 60 ey?
    well, have fun going through that hell that is northrend or outland lvling.

i already went through that nightmare on my nightborne, not gonna go through that again anytime soon.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Man if you play 1-60. The Game is fine. Leveling WAS part of WoWs Content. It no longer is. The Endgame always happens on Cap. And since we're reaching 120 you cannot blame People for having Enough. You gain Shit from Leveling nowadays. Its just boring and tedious. Selling more Boost might be one Direction for Blizzard.. But the better one for the Players would be to let People Start 1 or 2 Expansions behind if they have a Capped Character

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    What I really wish they would do is just give us the option to level 60-100 in whatever zones we want... BC, WOTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD. All of em. Let us go through the expansions we want to go through.

I have literally only done 1 1/2 zones per expansion, except WOTLK where I needed 3, in the new system with heirlooms on. Hell, in the WoD zones for my second one, I did the opener scenario and almost nothing but treasures and bonus areas. I think I only did Valley of the Four Winds and a little bit of Kun-Lai for MoP the last time too. But it felt like it took years to go through the WOTLK zones.

(and I really wish they'd lose the forced pathways... why can't I start Pandaria in Townlong, for example? Or start WoD in Nagrand?)
    This has been suggested so many times I don't really understand why Blizzard hasn't set it up that way. The entire system of level brackets for expansions doesn't make any sense at all.

Really, the second you step out of your starting racial region, you should be presented with a choice of which expansion to go to. You choose, then you just progress through that expansion until you either run out of content, or you reach the current expansion's starting level.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Gonna quote a part of my own post from earlier in another thread about what's screwing up leveling and why people hate it, even though most people seem only able to point at time it takes to level, not why it's boring.

But since people can only pinpoint time it takes to level, and can't seem to even try to hint why they find the leveling process boring, Blizzard doesn't have much to go on. 7.3.5 at least tried to move away from the two-shot fest, but failed to adress the other major issues. I suppose it's because it'd require a pretty major re-design to fix what has snowballed out of control and ruined leveling over the years as a result.
    Leveling is boring because i already did it 13 times. It absolutely does not matter how they tune it, it will forever be boring. Aside from leveling through a new expansion, which is always fun. But the 110 levels before that? Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    It's almost like leveling is an integral part of MMO, and has been for almost 20 years.

It's almost like it's an essential part of the game's genre.

It's almost like people might enjoy leveling.
    Nothing stopping Blizzard from letting you enjoy leveling while I get to do it much faster the 60th time around. Except they deleted the reasonably priced option for doing so, and made overall leveling time longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Ignore the anti-leveling trolls.
    I've seen a few mmo-champ polls on this, and there are always way more people that enjoy levelling.
    And you are of course correct ... leveling is and always has been a core element of mmos.
    If some ppl don't get that, they know where the door is.
    Cheers!
    And very few people want leveling gone. What we do want is a way to speed it up the 25th time instead of it still taking days of /played time or an absurdly overpriced boost. Also fixing the actual leveling gameplay/pacing would help, instead of just slowing it down.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

leveling in wow hasn't really changed in 15 years, furthermore with every expansion being a reset button where 99% of the rest of the game is now useless, save for various things like mounts or moggs. Running the same treadmill every expo does getting tiresome.