Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Unless the patient involved is an actual hermaphrodite then sure, no problem. Other than that, shit is outta pocket pay. It’s cosmetic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No actual argument though, eh?

Among plenty of others.
    Your comparison showed just how ignorant you really are. There's really nothing more to be said here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its a cosmetic surgery no more worthy then breast implants or dick enlargement.
    This is what i wanted to say, what if you got an A cup or a tiny dick, thats just as mentally damaging and harmful to some people as transgenders, why is that not covered then?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh no, medical coverage covers medical care, news at 11.
    Uh, you do realize it's an elective surgery...right? Shit like this is what can open the flood gates for health insurances to pay for procedures like this, which in turn will drive up medical insurance costs......
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm giggling at all the sad individuals who think this is elective surgery and comparing it to shit like breast implants.

You are the reason American healthcare sucks so fucking much. Keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I think most states in order to even qualify for medicaid you have to make less than 16,000$ I know it varies but it's around that figure. It's actually kind of hard to get medicaid because they ask questions like how much do people living with you have in stocks and many other intrusive questions unrelated to your own financial worth. I doubt there are a lot of people getting this surgery who are on medicaid. I know a FTM and they have a very well paying job and apparently insurance that is paying for all of their transition needs.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm giggling at all the sad individuals who think this is elective surgery and comparing it to shit like breast implants.

You are the reason American healthcare sucks so fucking much. Keep that in mind.
    It doesn't suck for them. Their healthcare is covered.

This is great news! Universal healthcare may be a ridiculously long way off, but we'll take any tiny step forward as progress.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Uh, you do realize it's an elective surgery...right? Shit like this is what can open the flood gates for health insurances to pay for procedures like this, which in turn will drive up medical insurance costs......
    Yeah, the root problem definitely isn't the fact that hospitals artificially overcharge for procedures(like 1000 bucks for an xray) so they can profit off patients and their insurance companies, which led to increased insurance costs.

No siree, the real reason why you can't have nice things is because there are too many nice things to choose from.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2018-07-28 at 04:38 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I am inclined to side with Endus on this one. Gender dysphoria is a recognised medical condition, and for some people with it, the best option for them is surgery.

I think it is worth pointing out that we are not talking about Tumblr "trans" people (e.g. transtrenders), who think there are a million different genders. These people wouldn't get surgery, they just change their hairstyle/fashion to realign. We aren't talking about people for whom being "trans" is a political statement. We are talking about people who actually are trans, who have a recognised medical condition, and for some, this is the best option for them. Sadly I think in this day and age, when people hear the term trans, the former is who people think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, the root problem definitely isn't the fact that hospitals artificially overcharge for procedures(like 1000 bucks for an xray) so they can profit off patients and their insurance companies, which led to increased insurance costs.

No siree, the real reason why you can't have nice things because there are too many nice things to choose from.
    You do realize I was saying this helps drive up costs and opens flood gates for more people to do this elective surgery, right?
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by MRIguy7 View Post
    Your comparison showed just how ignorant you really are. There's really nothing more to be said here.
    There's some extreme irony there.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

No, you're the reason why healthcare costs so much and is so fucked up. Wanting to cover pointless, elective shit like this while making taxpayers foot the bill.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I don't have the actual numbers on any of this available, but it seems pretty simple. Is the price of the surgery or other procedures, cost less then treating the other additional problems associated with not doing the surgery?

Somebody mentioned dick pills, so that is a solid one to look at. Erectile Dysfunction causes a lot of issues, ranging from mental/emotional distress due to not being able to get it up, to the loss of benefits related to having sex. Plus the marital problems that go along with a dead bedroom. The cost of ED pills seems to cover that difference handily.

If somebody loses a lot of weight and has an excessive amount of loose skin, that can be a health hazard. From infections to sores, those things cost money to treat. People can say "well you shouldn't have gotten fat" and that is true but the fuck good does it do? The cost of removing excess skin, compared to the cost of treating infections and sores or worse people having horrible self confidence and regaining the weight and now diving into type 2 diabetes and other issues seems to be a no brainer. Removing the excess skin is cheaper long term.

Sex changing, is a lot more invasive, and comes with a great deal more prep work from the various doctors. But, if the difference in cost is less the helping foot the bill for other mental issues, and behavior leading to greater medical debts, then it should be covered.

As I said, I don't have the numbers available myself. But if treating the cause is the cheaper option then it should be done because otherwise we are just pissing tax dollars away long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Waste of money. If you want to waste your own money on it, go for it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    You do realize I was saying this helps drive up costs and opens flood gates for more people to do this elective surgery, right?
    You do realize it's by your armchair expert standards, right?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    There's some extreme irony there.
    Irony? Ok. Let's re-evaluate his statement shall we?

He compared having your hand cut off and then having it reattached as being the same level of importance as having a SRS. Considering you need your hands for 99% of the stuff you do on a daily basis, while having your dick chopped off or getting breast augmentations helps with......basically 0% of the stuff you do on a daily basis. There is literally no comparison. The sheer level of ignorance is simply astounding. End of story.

If you think that's a fair and legitimate comparison, then I have some wonderful, oxygen-rich real estate to sell you on the moon. The sooner you move there, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by MRIguy7 View Post
    Irony? Ok. Let's re-evaluate his statement shall we?

He compared having your hand cut off and then having it reattached as being the same level of importance as having a SRS. Considering you need your hands for 99% of the stuff you do on a daily basis, while having your dick chopped off or getting breast augmentations helps with......basically 0% of the stuff you do on a daily basis. There is literally no comparison. The sheer level of ignorance is simply astounding. End of story.

If you think that's a fair and legitimate comparison, then I have some wonderful, oxygen-rich real estate to sell you on the moon. The sooner you move there, the better.
    ^
    Basically loads of hair splitting by crony-capitalists to justify, well, their crony-capitalism.

After all, if they can spin all essential health services into elective ones, their bloodsucking hospital businesses can leech off more money from, well, basically everyone from taxpayers to insurance companies to the patients themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It is neither an emergency nor a (physical) health issue... so no, it shouldn't.

Else it might as well cover cosmetic (plastic) surgery to look prettier, bigger breasts, Etc. ...
    its a surgery to cure a mental health problem (though you could consider it a physical problem, too) and it should absolutely be covered. trans people dont just wake up one day and decide they want to be the other gender, they ARE the other gender, and their bodies are miss-formed. it is not "optional" or "cosmetic"