Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is mikepreach right when he says that the horde zones are better than the ally zones?

I just watched this video:https://youtu.be/1W2udtkj-uA

And according to Preach, Horde has way better leveling zones, lore, and so on...

What do you guys think after having played the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Story, yes. Layout and getting from place to place, fuck no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    And according to Preach
    One person, one opinion. Form your own.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    giving a shit about another person telling anyone else whats better when its all subjective ... heck if preach says Ret Pala best class with the best background lore best transmog do you jump on to forums and ask other if its true? its like asking a stranger to pick a GF for you since u can't decide what u like or not

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of aesthetic, they are about the same, but I agree with him that the story and actual gameplay are far and away better on horde side.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's subjective and going to vary from person to person.

I prefer Kul'tiras because it hits the themes I personally want to explore this expansion. The stories are also more episodic, which I enjoy sprinkled in to my gameplay.

But I totally get why someone would prefer Zandalar.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

1. This was 5 months ago in the late phases of alpha.. maybe it was already early beta. Either way, the information is outdated.
    2. Horde zones had the tighter story at the time (its a bit closer now between both), but I still like the alliance zones more with the exception of zuldazar, which gorgeous to look at, but a complete pile of steaming shit to navigate without flying..

Goddammit! And here I thought we were done with the preach threads.

Definitely not. I fully expected to hate the Alliance zones/story after watching his video and I far prefer both.

Yes, he's right. The Horde zones are cohesive, there's a flow, and you feel like you're getting somewhere. The Alliance zones are boring, the story is weak, and you just feel like you're going from place to place for no good reason.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Personally I don't like a single thing on the Zandalar theme while I love the theme of Kul'tiras so I can't judge without a solid bias. That's why I'd prefer KT.

But I guess everyone is biased so I doubt there's an answer.

I have done every quest on the beta on both Horde and Alliance. They are very different questing experiences but Horde isn't necessarily 'better'. I think that the most interesting zone, story wise, is Nazmir. However, Preach hated Drustvar and I think that is actually the second best zone overall. He loves Stormsong valley and I think that it is absolutely gorgeous but the story ends there very quickly then the rest of the zone is side quests. Essentially if you look at the Stormsong map, the entire right third of the map is story quests. The rest is random stuff. Here is my list of what I consider to be the best zones:

Nazmir
    Drustvar
    Zulduzar
    Tiragarde Sound
    Stormsong Valley
    Volduun

Drustvar and Zulduzar are pretty close. I think that I like the story in Drustvar a little better (witches and creepy shit) but Zulduzar is a much better looking zone (and has the Wakanda thing going on). It is all subjective though. People shouldn't be concerned that Alliance or Horde is better than one another and definitely should be affected by the opinion on one person. Try it for yourself. You can always use your 110 boost to make an opposing faction character to see the story from that side...

7+ Year Old Account
    -....... Its not really a question, that can be answered by that many people, since it has not launched yet and most people on the beta have proberly not even completed the stories on the zones.

So dumb question to ask when the content is not even out yet.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    However, Preach hated Drustvar and I think that is actually the second best zone overall.
    Drustvar got something of an update after Preach made his video. It used to get piles and piles of negative feedback on the official beta forums, but they fixed it up a bit. Lots more variety in enemy types than it had in the beginning, more character to the Drust. More build up to Gorak Tul. More relevant plot in sidequests. Drustvar used to be dogshit.

As has been said, there is no right/wrong answer.

Personal views? Specifically in the two new starting areas, both have a good feel to them.

Zandalar has an epic troll feel, as it should. Far superior in grandeur than any of the other troll areas in the game. There are dinosaurs all over, including my new favourite, the brutosaur. The bazaar has a lot going on, feel like it's very much alive. The bay when the camera zooms through it certainly make the Zandarlari fleet look massive.

Boralus has exactly what I would have expected. It's a bustling port city with big beautiful ships in the docks. In alpha it felt too big and boring, but with the addition of NPCs and the water way system it's exciting and lively. The great wall separating the city from the ocean. The area surrounding it is beautiful too, especially at night. The big moon on the waterways, the ambient sounds.

Both have the feel of Suramar City, though Boralus more-so, in my opinion. Grander scales than many of the other capitals feel. Sure, Stormwind and Orgimmar are huge cities, but perhaps time as made them feel less grand and more the norm to me.

Questing felt much like WoW usually does for the bit that I did back in early Beta. Go <place>. Kill <#> <creature>. Talk to <name>. Travel to <place>. Take a moment to fawn over the adorable vulerian kits (because they're adorable!). Collect <#> <body parts> from <creature>. The two scenerios were both fun, but I admit the Horde one better, probably due to location and exactly what was happening and who you had to deal with. Felt perhaps it had a much bigger impact on both the current story and the state of the Horde as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    -....... Its not really a question, that can be answered by that many people, since it has not launched yet and most people on the beta have proberly not even completed the stories on the zones.

So dumb question to ask when the content is not even out yet.
    To add to this: Even people that did both sides have usually not experienced both sides very recently in it's most complete state. Many have done them during early beta or even back in alpha when most of the stuff was missing. This also contributes to making it harder to tell which version is actually "better".

Like in other threads usually stated: To get the most out of it you need to do both anyway.

Can't people make their own minds up now? between Asmongold and Preach it's hard to tell which ones fans are following everything they say as gospel the most. Make your own minds up, someone telling you something is bad is their own opinion, make your own mind up rather than just agreeing with them because you're a fan without even investiating for yourself.
    Last edited by Turaska; 2018-07-28 at 05:27 PM.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    I just watched this video:https://youtu.be/1W2udtkj-uA

And according to Preach, Horde has way better leveling zones, lore, and so on...

What do you guys think after having played the beta?
    I watched video of Asmongold and he says that alliance zones are better.

I find the Alliance zones to be better. And i once helped the Director-General of the World Health Organization when she got stung by a jellyfish. So my opinion is obviously more worth than a youtuber. Im a fucking hero mate

Deleted
    Am i right when i say that oranges taste better than apples?

I havnt quested in horde zones. But the ally zones are great.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2018-07-28 at 05:43 PM.