Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The post could have been just as well summarized as "I think that other Alliance races are underrepresented in the game". Jesus.

Unfortunately, no matter how diverse the organisations may actually be in lore, the humans will still be front and center. Kind of like how orcs and orc aesthetic are still front and center despite Sylvanas leading the Horde. Because for some reason they still try to push orcs vs humans despite that getting old two decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Alliance are humans, Horde are Orcs.

This is how it has always been.
    Horde makes far more use of its races than Alliance does. Even if they are at their core Orc and Human, one steps out its core more often than the other.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about there being different organizations but, sadly the reason the horde has a lot more variety is simply because blizzard has historically put more effort into their story lines than the alliance's. Also, blizzard has stated before that the alliance is more of a united force and the horde is more of separate races working towards a common goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Horde makes far more use of its races than Alliance does. Even if they are at their core Orc and Human, one steps out its core more often than the other.
    Horde has always been orcs with some taurens and orcs in orc armor (just like Alliance races always wear human armor).

Only after Sylvanas got the Warchief's pants have there been some major Forsaken involment in main Horde forces.

Horde has always been orcs with some taurens and orcs in orc armor (just like Alliance races always wear human armor).

Only after Sylvanas got the Warchief's pants have there been some major Forsaken involment in main Horde forces.
    What about the Blood Elves?

Or Cata in general (Forsaken).

Or WotLK in general (lots of Forsaken).

Not to mention the "orc" theme is a little bit general and actually fits Tauren, Trolls, and arguably Goblins pretty well thematically.

While the Stormwind theme just fits humans. Maybe Dwarves, but as a huge Dwarf fan, and seeing all this new Dark Iron themed (NPC only) stuff, I would much rather see the Ironforge theme get elaborated on rather than seeing another damned Dwarf in Footman armor.

vs

Last edited by Toppy; 2018-07-27 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What about the Blood Elves?

Or Cata in general (Forsaken).

Or WotLK in general (lots of Forsaken).
    Forsaken relevancy died with Lich King for years. It was always orcs, orc buildings and orc machines at current content.

Forsaken relevancy died with Lich King for years. It was always orcs, orc buildings and orc machines at current content.
    Except in Cata which had a fair bit of Forsaken stuff.

Or MoP which had a patch all about Blood Elves.

Or Legion which had pretty much nothing Orc related.

Deleted
    And? Non-human races are incompetent little shitters. If you want your elf role-playing centre, the Horde is waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    And? Non-human races are incompetent little shitters. If you want your elf role-playing centre, the Horde is waiting for you.
    It'd be amusing if Sylvanas brought back Garithos as an undead slave.

At least what bits the ghouls didn't get to first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    It'd be amusing if Sylvanas brought back Garithos as an undead slave.

At least what bits the ghouls didn't get to first.
    Not as amusing as night elves losing their sacred forests they lived in for 10 000 years. Such an absurd level of incompetence is exactly why elves shouldn't be anywhere near the high command.

Not as amusing as night elves losing their sacred forests they lived in for 10 000 years. Such an absurd level of incompetence is exactly why elves shouldn't be anywhere near the high command.
    And it only took an entire army with magic maguffin nuke-rocks. Beats losing our land to slobbering, naked corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    im pretty sure as forsaken that i saw always non human 7° legion. even in stromheim i melted dwarf gryphoner if i dont remember wrong
    The 7th Legion's presence in the Silverpine Forest questline was made up of largely non-human races, specifically because Forsaken are only able to raise humans. It is a skewed perception of the organization.

Deleted
    And it only took an entire army with magic maguffin nuke-rocks. Beats losing our land to slobbering, naked corpses.
    A horde of corpses led by the Burning Legion, and after them the Lich King, destroying a small kingdom that got decimated by orcs and trolls 20 years prior versus a bunch of greenskins, who got butchered in their dumb revolution 4 years ago mind you, armed with axes destroying a thousands years old "empire" spanning half the continent.

I think you can see which of these scenarios is more pathetic. This is exactly why from now the kaldorei won't be allowed to do anything more than grow pumpkins in the Stormwind's backyards, though they will probably manage to botch that too.

A horde of corpses led by the Burning Legion, and after them the Lich King, destroying a small kingdom that got decimated by orcs and trolls 20 years prior versus a bunch of greenskins, who got butchered in their dumb revolution 4 years ago mind you, armed with axes destroying a thousands years old "empire" spanning half the continent.

I think you can see which of these scenarios is more pathetic. This is exactly why from now the kaldorei won't be allowed to do anything more than grow pumpkins in the Stormwind's backyards, though they will probably manage to botch that too.
    Oh man, you like to ignore context when it suits your narrative too? You'll love being in the forsaken then!

Deleted
    Oh man, you like to ignore context when it suits your narrative too? You'll love being in the forsaken then!
    The context is that the night elves sent their entire forces to Silithus to attack the greenskins, when the greenskins live 5 kilometers from their home. If something like this happened in real life, it would be called the worst military blunder in history.

The context is that the night elves sent their entire forces to Silithus to attack the greenskins, when the greenskins live 5 kilometers from their home. If something like this happened in real life, it would be called the worst military blunder in history.
    The context is that the writers forgot that the night elves are lead by two of the most seasoned generals on Azeroth. I can chalk that up to either Horde bias or plot convenience.

Losing your kingdom because some edgy aryan boi had a temper tantrum is just funny.

Deleted
    The context is that the writers forgot that the night elves are lead by two of the most seasoned generals on Azeroth. I can chalk that up to either Horde bias or plot convenience.

Losing your kingdom because some edgy aryan boi had a temper tantrum is just funny.
    Yeah, if any elfies do a dumb or wrong thing, we are going to blame the writers. Hey, if it works like that, then I can blame "the writers" and "horde bias" for Arthas too!

Yeah, if any elfies do a dumb or wrong thing, we are going to blame the writers. Hey, if it works like that, then I can blame "the writers" and "horde bias" for Arthas too!
    That'd be a stretch, but I'm sure you can do it if you really, truly believe!

Deleted
    That'd be a stretch, but I'm sure you can do it if you really, truly believe!
    No, I won't, I'm not an elf player.